PDA

View Full Version : Helmets in cinemas.

Morticia
22-07-11, 06:32 AM
I recently read an article about a cinema chain refusing helmets into the auditothingy, and was wondering if this is news to any of you? As I've been asked to leave my helmet in reception since I can remember.

Roxy
22-07-11, 12:09 PM
Not heard that one before chick but J and I were refused entry to a supermarket in France this year. ;D ;D ;D

We were doing a beer run after the moto gp and the security guard said we were not allowed to take our helmets in because they sell 'similar' ones in store! LMFAO IN A SUPERMARKET - I DON'T THINK SO!!! :-?

Needless to say we refused to leave them and one of us sat outside with the bikes and lids!! The Irish guys who were at our hotel were also refused but I think they were a little more verbal about it! ;) ;D ;D

Roxy x

Nooj
22-07-11, 10:20 PM
Right, a whole bunch of us need to book a screen full and all turn up with lids on. ;D

Taylor86
24-07-11, 12:56 PM
I guess it might be because of the helmet cams you can get these days being really small... piracy crime blah blah blah and all that.

Morticia
29-07-11, 02:20 PM
Not heard that one before chick but J and I were refused entry to a supermarket in France this year. ;D ;D ;D

We were doing a beer run after the moto gp and the security guard said we were not allowed to take our helmets in because they sell 'similar' ones in store! LMFAO IN A SUPERMARKET - I DON'T THINK SO!!! :-?

Needless to say we refused to leave them and one of us sat outside with the bikes and lids!! The Irish guys who were at our hotel were also refused but I think they were a little more verbal about it! ;) ;D ;D

Roxy x

WOW, a supermarket! We get such bad press, I guess they all assume we're only there to steal something.

Morticia
29-07-11, 02:22 PM
I guess it might be because of the helmet cams you can get these days being really small... piracy crime blah blah blah and all that.

I thought that too, but the thing is, if you can fit it in your helmet, you can fit it in your handbag.

Hunar
31-07-11, 11:45 AM

I thought that too, but the thing is, if you can fit it in your helmet, you can fit it in your handbag.

I have a very nice camera for my handbag!

mcicy
01-08-11, 11:18 PM
I've been asked to leave a Barclays branch after I walked in and queued up with my helmet on.

Oh and when filling up the bike, they wouldn't turn on the pump until I removed my helmet, blasted the "request" out over the intercom.

But never had any trouble in a cinema before although I have been asked to leave for "other" reason :-[

evansdn
03-08-11, 08:29 PM
I've been asked to leave a Barclays branch after I walked in and queued up with my helmet on.

Oh and when filling up the bike, they wouldn't turn on the pump until I removed my helmet, blasted the "request" out over the intercom.

But never had any trouble in a cinema before although I have been asked to leave for "other" reason :-[

I wonder if they do the same for people who's religion means they have to wear a hat or full face cover...

Maybe it's time to initiate the Church of the Bike, official headgear = bike helmet!!