PDA

View Full Version : Protecting my Bike

Pages : [1] 2

Bonnielass
23-10-10, 08:44 AM
I intend to ride my bike through the winter but would like to protect it from all the rubbish (mostly salt) that is picked up from the roads. Any suggestions guys?

silly_simon
23-10-10, 09:29 AM
ACF50 is the stuff you need sweetie [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Just don't get it on youre tyres or brake discs :o

Perhaps give Nigel @ Shiney Bike Syndrome a shout as I know he does a complete bike cleaning service with a coat of ACF afterwoods :)

If you would like contact details? I can sort that for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
23-10-10, 09:35 AM
can you post a link up si I love a shinny bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
23-10-10, 09:44 AM
http://www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk/page2.htm

Here you go Stace [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If you check out his gallery it will give you some idea of the work.

He is a member on here so if anyone contacts him mention Either WB or Me and I'm sure he will do you a good deal [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Honda_Star
23-10-10, 10:14 AM
Sounds very interesting. . Site looks good. :-)

Bonnielass
23-10-10, 10:26 AM
Thanks Simon, I have been in touch with Nooj and he said he could do 4 bikes on 21st November, price for one bike is £60 but £45 for 4 bikes.

I'm happy to have the bikes done at the back of my house, tea or coffee provided. Anyone interested?

Ducatista
23-10-10, 11:53 AM
We had ours done in September and would definittely recommend it.

Also consider the puncture safe (£20 per bike).

ro
23-10-10, 12:10 PM
I'd be interested in having mine done, thanks. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
23-10-10, 02:10 PM
Hi if there is a place going would like my bike done. I was going to have my bike done in December so few weeks won't matter [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Irene

Bonnielass
23-10-10, 04:07 PM
I make that Ro, Irene and me, thats 3, need one more to make up the four, Cor!! my maths is brilliant!! ::)

Bonnielass
23-10-10, 04:09 PM
Are you ok to come to me or would it make more sense for me to come to Marlborough or Swindon way, Nooj comes from Reading way I think!

JAYJAY
23-10-10, 04:31 PM
Me Me Me Pleeeaaase

Morticia
23-10-10, 04:46 PM
Thanks Simon, I have been in touch with Nooj and he said he could do 4 bikes on 21st November, price for one bike is £60 but £45 for 4 bikes.

I'm happy to have the bikes done at the back of my house, tea or coffee provided. Anyone interested?

ME! I've been meaning to have both mine done for aaaaaaaaaaaages

Morticia
23-10-10, 04:49 PM
Are you ok to come to me or would it make more sense for me to come to Marlborough or Swindon way, Nooj comes from Reading way I think!

Newbury, I believe.

SupeRDel
23-10-10, 04:57 PM
The classic boys use ACF50 a lot - its supposed to be the best.

I made this little copper and brass plate to go in the garden after onw of my dogs passed away.

After polishing I coated it with ACF50 and its been there ever since in all weathers.

Its now become a bit of a test piece... :-?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/PA030015.jpg

Bonnielass
23-10-10, 08:32 PM
That looks really good!! Looks like Jayjay is the 4th person. As I am the only one from Trowbridge I think I will have to come Swindon way. Any ideas where we can get this done, any offers of drive ways?

JAYJAY
23-10-10, 10:07 PM
My Drive no good - no ready supply of water!!

When are we talking? Don't want Morticia to miss out - maybe we can get some more peeps interested as it was so quick to find 5? Maybe we could schedule 2 or 3 sessions?

Any excuse for a rideout - I'll go anywhere [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Honda_Star
23-10-10, 10:12 PM
I am interested and live just outside of Swindon near chiseldon and my landlord has a very very big drive so may be able to accommodate all the bikes but will ask. Just need to check what the requirements will be re water. Have an outside tap with cold if that is all that's needed. . .

JAYJAY
23-10-10, 10:17 PM
Great!! that's 6 - 2 more for 2 sessions - we'll soon be renamed Wiltshire 'shiny' Bikers. ;D ;D

CharleyX
23-10-10, 10:53 PM
Happy to use my drive if it's suitable have outside tap but would need to talk to the guy to find out what the requirements are but happy if there's 4or 6 bikes have chat about it tomorrow [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
23-10-10, 10:53 PM
Blimey! Outstanding response in such a short time, thanks for the promotion Simon!

I need.... Some hard standing to work on next to my van (houses my compressor) a water supply with one of those push-on hoselock thingies and a mains plug socket.

I can sensibly only do four bikes in one day, especially now the days are getting shorter. If there are a guaranteed six of you interested then I'm happy to come out twice and do three bikes each day (means I get a lie in!) for the same price.

If anyone wants any independent recommendations there are a few on my site, but on here I've done Rinksy' Blade, Ducatisa's Monster and CBF1000 and Suggsy's BikerFM GSXR.

Honda_Star
23-10-10, 11:07 PM
I should be able to provide all of that no prob. Have plenty of hard standing for bikes etc :-) as long as u lot don't mind riding up the gravel drive lol . Just need to sort dates times etc.

njl
24-10-10, 03:37 AM
If theres a space for another bike around Swindon I'll happily get mine into the group

Nooj
24-10-10, 04:01 AM
How about one session on the 21st and one on the 28th November? Both Sundays. Obviously I'd prefer to do something in the week (all Saturdays are booked into December now), but I'm guessing not many people would be able to do that?

Honda_Star
24-10-10, 08:45 AM
ok - I can only offer my place for 21st Nov as I am busy on the 28th...

So I can take another 2 or 3 bikes at mine (depending on how many Nooj would like to do one one day).....

Let me know if you want to come to mine and I will PM you my address ! :) :) :)

Bonnielass
24-10-10, 08:53 AM
I can do every other Monday, 1st, 15th and 29th November but maybe this is making it a bit complicated. I'll put my name down for 21st please.

CharleyX
24-10-10, 08:54 AM
Hi Star I can only do the 21st so if i can book mine in on that day be great thank you. :) i will need your address pls

Honda_Star
24-10-10, 08:59 AM
Ok so thats

Star (me)
BonnieLass
Charley X

for the 21st. Great stuff girls!

speedy
24-10-10, 09:23 AM
i have a double garage (give me good excuse to clean it out ,also a driveway if it helps [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
24-10-10, 09:25 AM
Ok so thats

Star (me)
BonnieLass
Charley X
speedy (if ok)

speedy
24-10-10, 09:26 AM
Ok so thats

Star (me)
BonnieLass
Charley X
speedy (if ok)

maybe we can sqeeze pirate in aswell??

speedy
24-10-10, 09:36 AM
Ok so thats

Star (me)
BonnieLass
Charley X
speedy (if ok)

maybe we can sqeeze pirate in aswell?? or im happy to do 28th

JAYJAY
24-10-10, 01:06 PM
I'm happy for the 28th - so me Robin, Morticia - but where?

Jon_W
25-10-10, 08:08 AM
I use cheap chainlube as a cheap (if messy) aletrnative. You need the sticky sh*t, but it forms a water repellant layer over the cases and keeps the carp off.

Gerry
25-10-10, 09:12 AM
I use cheap chainlube as a cheap (if messy) aletrnative. You need the sticky sh*t, but it forms a water repellant layer over the cases and keeps the carp off.

WOW... you must do some real seriously wet weather riding if you have trouble with carp getting into your bits :o

Gerry ;)

BB
25-10-10, 01:45 PM

WOW... you must do some real seriously wet weather riding if you have trouble with carp getting into your bits :o

Gerry ;)

Carp in your bits sounds painful and expensive! :o

BB

Jon_W
25-10-10, 03:11 PM

Gerry ;)

Carp in your bits sounds painful and expensive! :o

BB

Not when they're covered in chainlube!!!! ;D

Ducatista
25-10-10, 03:22 PM
WOW... you must do some real seriously wet weather riding if you have trouble with carp getting into your bits

All sounds a bit fishy to me ;)

Nooj
25-10-10, 05:01 PM
Chain lube??? Dude, seriously, that's not good and will cost you way more in the long run than you think you're saving.

Chain lube will will keep the damp and dirt off the bits it touches, unless there's damp and dirt there already, in which case it will trap it there doing more damage than if you'd not lubed it at all. Unlike ACF50 it won't creep into all the nooks and crannies and electrical connectors you can't see or get to, to displace water and neutralise salt solutions and protect your entire bike against corrosion.

What it will do is hold onto every last piece of dirt and salt that gets onto it, holding it against your bike where it can happily do it's damage round the clock, It's also incredibly difficult to wash off so will dry out and bake on looking vile and filthy on all the bits you can't get into to clean thoroughly.

It'll form a grinding paste with all the dirt that will prematurely wear away your chain and sprockets, chew up bushes and fork/oil seals, scratch into the paint where any two bits meet and rub together and any salt stuck in it will eat into your bare alloy because you won't be able to wash it off effectively unless you use very aggressive cleaners that will also damage your bike.

How much chain lube are you getting through? A quart bottle of ACF50 is about £30 and will last you over a year even if you were to throughly clean your bike every weekend, the cheapest chain lube I could find is £5 a can. ACF50 is six times the price of that can, but it'll outlast it many times over and will do the job 100 times better.

Go and stand in the corner facing the wall and think about what you're doing to your poor bike in the name of false economy! ;)

Morticia
25-10-10, 08:32 PM
I'm happy for the 28th - so me Robin, Morticia - but where?

Hmmm, no idea...My place is no good.

Honda_Star
25-10-10, 08:33 PM
Speedy was up for either date - maybe he could 'host' the 28th Nov one if you are struggling for location ? :)

JAYJAY
25-10-10, 08:49 PM
Speedy was up for either date - maybe he could 'host' the 28th Nov one if you are struggling for location ? :)
Cheers Star - How about it Speedy? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Numpty_Dumpty
25-10-10, 08:50 PM
That photo certainly proves a point huh?

When you say 'coat' the bike...even paintwork?

ro
26-10-10, 12:05 AM
I could be the host on the 28th November too - I'm in Liden. There's room for a van and a bike or two on the drive and the garage has electricity. There's no tap near the front (perhaps I can get speedy to fit one for me ;D) but I'm sure we can run a hose.

I don't mind going to speedy's either if he's offering.

JAYJAY
26-10-10, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the offer of the venue Robin - that's fine by me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
29-10-10, 12:21 AM
Is that the two venues settled on now? Thanks for that, Thunderbirds are go!

It takes about two hours to do a bike, so fight amongst yourselves about who's turning up when. If I get to each host's for 08:30 to get set up and ready for the first bike at 09:00, how does that suit everyone?

'Numpty, I don't coat the main paintwork as it can look smeary afterwards, I use a PTFE wax on that instead. The ACF50 goes onto the mechanical parts, unpainted bits, wheel rims etc.

Obviously it won't undo any existing damage, but as a guide, this guy's bike was treated by me before winter last year, ridden for about 5000 miles through all conditions and never cleaned once, then treated again in the spring this year. The ACF50 has clearly done it's job, underneath all the crap it was still in remarkably good condition.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/bike%20cleaning/filth1.jpg http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/TheOriginalNooj/bike%20cleaning/filth2.jpg

BB
29-10-10, 07:50 AM
Does he trail ride on that? ;D

I'm getting very tempted here...

BB

njl
29-10-10, 12:16 PM
I'd be keen to get my bike done too, is there scope to get a third date lined up?

Who'd be in? I don't mind travelling, hosting wouldn't be so easy tho.

silly_simon
29-10-10, 12:26 PM
I think i should be on commission here :D :D

ro
29-10-10, 01:20 PM
Is that the two venues settled on now? Thanks for that, Thunderbirds are go!

It takes about two hours to do a bike, so fight amongst yourselves about who's turning up when. If I get to each host's for 08:30 to get set up and ready for the first bike at 09:00, how does that suit everyone?

Fine by me. Makes sense for the host to be the 1st bike of the day as it'll already be there. Is Morticia having 2 bikes done? If not, there's still a spare slot with me.

21st November with Star:
Star
BonnieLass
Charley X
speedy

28th November with ro:
ro
Morticia
JAYJAY
Morticia 2 (?)

Unaccounted:
pirate
NickL
BB (?)

virginie_morisot
29-10-10, 02:39 PM
i just saw this
how much is it to do i bike?
don't mind hosting following one..

njl
29-10-10, 03:47 PM
For a set of 4 on a day it's £45 a bike, hopefully nooj will give us an idea what dates are about - can we manage a midweek one??

benobiker
29-10-10, 04:20 PM
wow that is pretty impressive before and after....

virginie_morisot
29-10-10, 06:40 PM
has be weekend for me..

Lexx0r
29-10-10, 06:48 PM
Count me in for a bike! R6 - for a full clean and protection coat is £45 in a group?
Slide me in !

Nooj
10-11-10, 10:46 PM
If you want a mid week 3rd session I'm happy to do that as well as the two weekends.

Bonnielass
11-11-10, 09:03 AM
Nooj, how long does it take to do one bike? Just to give me an idea of what time I need to get to Star's. Might be a good idea to have times for each bike so we don't have to wait around for too long.

Bonnielass
11-11-10, 09:07 AM
Oops! ::) Just seen the thread at the top of the page!! Star, I'll get to you at about 10.30.

Is this OK for all?

9am Star
11am Bonnielass
1pm Charlie
3pm Speedy

Speedy, are you still wanting your bike done?

Nooj
11-11-10, 05:07 PM
Thinking about it, it would be better to start earlier as it'll be too dark to work by about 4pm. Can we bring it all forward an hour? Hope that's OK with everyone??

CharleyX
11-11-10, 06:33 PM
Hi Nooj, that's fine with me if it's not too early for Star? I will get there for the 12 noon place then. Is that ok for you Rosie? if it's bit early I am happy to do the 10am?
Cheers Irene (CharleyX)

njl
11-11-10, 06:35 PM
If you want a mid week 3rd session I'm happy to do that as well as the two weekends.
That would be good for me - though the other interested parties may not be able to do midweek, I recall vivi saying it would have to be a weekend - Who's still interested in the service folks??

JAYJAY
11-11-10, 07:08 PM
Robin - can we also agree times for the second session - also PM me where I've got to bring the bike. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
11-11-10, 08:26 PM
The 12 o'clock slot would probably suit me better, thanks Irene. Revised list as follows,

8am Star
10am Charlie
12 noon Bonnielass
2pm Speedy?

Honda_Star
11-11-10, 09:05 PM
Times are good for me :)

Jacde
11-11-10, 09:32 PM
Ooooo very interested, I'm happy to have bikes at my place, got a fair bit of room in front of the house and happy to provide tea coffee etc, or I'm happy to travel.
With my shifts I can do week days or weekends so if anyone wants to get their bike done, shout and we'll organise a date with Nooj

njl
11-11-10, 09:57 PM
Ooooo very interested, I'm happy to have bikes at my place, got a fair bit of room in front of the house and happy to provide tea coffee etc, or I'm happy to travel.
With my shifts I can do week days or weekends so if anyone wants to get their bike done, shout and we'll organise a date with Nooj

I'm in, although I can't host should be pretty flexible for dates if in Swindon

Jacde
12-11-10, 08:42 AM

I'm in, although I can't host should be pretty flexible for dates if in Swindon

ok list started ;D
Jacde
NickL

Bornagain
13-11-10, 08:34 AM
Blinkin Nora - Halina told me about this last night, it's just what i've been looking for.

I'm more than happy to host here for a session if there's 3 more that want to jump on in.

Nooj - I'm in Trowbridge and have a car park with water and power, plenty of space for 4 bikes, van and spectactors! and more than happy for an early start.

Any more takers?

Nelly
13-11-10, 11:15 AM
If the day is right, i think mine could do with a clean-up basil [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

freddieb
13-11-10, 11:26 AM
Count me in basil, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Need a bit notice though, I'm a busy man ya kno, ;D ;D

BB
13-11-10, 01:40 PM
Ghost & I would be interested, thats another 2 bikes

BB

bubblylittleme
13-11-10, 04:49 PM
I'm interested too please.
w/e 11th or 12th Dec would suit me

StreetHippo
17-11-10, 02:53 PM
I'm in, had mine done last year and it is worth it, especially if you ride all year :-[
Where and when? I've only just got back from nasty places and need to ride!!!!!
Stu

Bornagain
18-11-10, 10:11 PM
Nooj can come round to mine on the Wednesday 1st Dec. So far it's:

Basil
Ryan

We need 2 more to jump in

Sweet [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

freddieb
19-11-10, 07:47 PM
Basil, what time does my bike need to be over there. I'll probably get it dropped off... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
20-11-10, 01:42 AM
Hi Freddie.
Mine and Ryans will be here already, i suppose yours will get the treatment early PM sort of time as Nooj can do 4 in a day. You're more than welcome to drop yours over here anytime and it can be secured in one of the garages if you're busy on the day.
Just give us a bell to make arrangements, be good to catch up over a coffee, got some ideas about a fund raising night. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

StreetHippo
20-11-10, 11:39 AM
Can I jump in Basil? Prefer an afternoon slot if that's OK?
Stu [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
20-11-10, 03:42 PM
Darn, wretched pooter been playing up so was'nt able to get on here for 24hrs so that's all spaces filled for 1st Dec.

Ghost & I were going to take you up on your offer Basil

BB

Nooj
21-11-10, 12:18 AM
Doing all my organising for me, you guys are awesome! See you on the 1st December then, 08:00.

Bonnielass
21-11-10, 05:23 PM
My bike looks loverly!! Thanks Nooj and thanks Halina for hosting! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
21-11-10, 06:43 PM
:D Good to meet you Nooj

Thank's my bike looks good

Cheers Star :) :)

Nooj
23-11-10, 12:00 AM
Bike No.4 was a no show, but at least I got away early, feck me was it chilly up on that hill!

Good to meet some more local bikers, I don't get out to enough meets so it's nice to see some new faces. Hopefully you're all pleased with the results!

Thanks to Halina again for hosting, a charming young lady with a seemingly endless supply of tea :-)

JAYJAY
23-11-10, 12:15 AM
Looking forward to my gleaming bike this weekend Nooj - But it is getting VERY grubby in this weather - I'm almost ashamed to bring it without cleaning it!!!

Honda_Star
23-11-10, 01:58 AM
Fantastic job nooj. Bike looks like it has just come out of the showroom! You did a fantastic job and hopefully you will be able to invest in a heated jacket soon . . I have sold the serow to a lady on a BMW site and have recommended you highly to her and her friends. Funnily enough they had heard of you, so I showed them the bike this evening so they could see for themselves so hopefully more work for you there! Great to meet you and hope the tea & biccies were ok and u didn't freeze too much!

Bornagain
23-11-10, 10:49 AM
Wed 1st December slots are filled
1. Basil
2. Ryan
3. Freddie
4. Smellygerm

Sorry if you didn't get on :( I'll see if Nooj wants to arrange another day here (with the interest recieved i reckon he can easily do another few days worth)

BBBrrrrrr it's chilly [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
23-11-10, 10:49 AM
Nooj. Pm'd you about additional dates [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
23-11-10, 02:28 PM
Basil, if you don't mind hosting another day to include Mine & Ghost's bikes that would be great. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Not too easy to host at our place.

BB

Bornagain
24-11-10, 11:57 AM
Nooj can do the 14th & 15th Dec. here at the Polebarn

14th Dec.
BB
Ghost
Streethippo
++one slot available++

15th Dec.
++ 3 slots available++

If you want you can leave the bikes here in a garage ready for the day then collect them at a time that suits. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Hope this helps

Nooj
24-11-10, 07:43 PM
Can we keep the 14th and 15th to three bikes a day? I'll be running out of daylight otherwise [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Apparently it's going to snow a lot on Saturday, will have to see what happens. Keep an eye on this thread Saturday evening regarding this coming Sunday's session! The cold I can put up with, but if the water's going to freeze on the ground that presents a major safety issue.

bubblylittleme
24-11-10, 10:37 PM
Weekdays not good for me unless its after 3.45pm

Bornagain
24-11-10, 11:34 PM
***UPDATE***

Nooj can do the 14th & 15th Dec. here at the Polebarn

14th Dec.
BB
Ghost
Streethippo

15th Dec.
++ 3 slots available++ - Please paste names below

If you want you can leave the bikes here in a garage ready for the day then collect them at a time that suits.
Hope this helps

Nooj
25-11-10, 07:29 PM
Bazil, do you want to be the first bike on the 15th?

If someone from this coming Saturday (1st Dec) would be able to move to the 15th that would make things a whole lot easier for me as well.

JAYJAY
25-11-10, 08:13 PM
So are we all set for Sunday at Robin's place?

1st Robin
2nd Morticia
3rd JJ
4th Morticia

Nooj
26-11-10, 10:36 PM
Weather allowing as it's supposes to snow, difficult to dry a bike when the water's frozen onto it! Will call the decision tomorrow evening and post up on here.

Assuming it's on, if one of the Sunday bods could shuffle on to the 15th Dec and make Sunday a 3 bike event, that would be extremely nice (no worries if you can't though).

ro
27-11-10, 04:24 PM
Sorry to pre-empt Nooj's call, but we need to postpone the meet at my place tomorrow. It has barely got above zero here today and it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow, so I don't think we can sensibly plan on spraying water around without it turning to ice. As soon as there's a sign of it warming up, I'm happy to reschedule here (or elsewhere).

Nooj
27-11-10, 07:40 PM
Yep, the water was freezing on the bike I did yesterday and it was actually freezing in the hose and jet washer today. Also all my cleaning chemicals had turned to Slushpuppies in the van over night.

Event postponed until it gets above freezing again >:(

JAYJAY
28-11-10, 11:59 AM
disappointed but hey - we can't control the weather :(

I wouldn't want to be doing your job in -4 Nooj !!!!

Nooj - Ro - when we arrange another date I' still definately in for a spot [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
29-11-10, 08:56 PM
I think it's safe to say Wednesday the 1st will also have to be postponed. Any cleaning chemicals I have with water in have frozen solid over night and were still solid this afternoon.

freddieb
30-11-10, 08:00 PM
OK Nooj, no worries.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
30-11-10, 08:59 PM
Sucks, but weather control is out of my league. It's supposed to warm up (relatively speaking) over the next couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll be able to reschedule any missed dates then.

Nooj
04-12-10, 05:16 PM
Ro, Morticia and JJ; shall we try again for the 12th December?

Nooj
06-12-10, 11:07 PM
12th December OK? I know there's the clay shoot on the same day, JJ are you going to that?

I'm happy to do three bikes in these conditions, less chance of frost bite :-)

Bornagain
07-12-10, 09:56 PM
Hi Nooj, you still coming here (Polebarn) on the 14th/15th December?
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
08-12-10, 01:47 AM
Yes, still plan to be at your place. Need to know when I can reschedule the last dudes I had to put off.

If someone can get over to me either Thursday or Friday afternoon this week, I'm free then to do one bike each day.

I'm also free on Sunday the 12th for a trip out to do three bikes if that's not too short notice.

I can also come out and do three bikes on Monday 13th, Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st or Thursday 23rd.

Bornagain
08-12-10, 11:50 AM
Who wants to get their bike crubbed up on Sunday 12th by Nooj here at the Polebarn?
Need 3 people.

1. Basil

JAYJAY
08-12-10, 09:13 PM
Im up for the 12th - how about you Robin?

ro
08-12-10, 10:13 PM
I can't do the 12th. because it's the monthly ride-out (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1290799409). There is a possibility that I could host on Monday 13th though.

Nooj
09-12-10, 10:46 PM
Anyone else? Would get my mate along who wants his bike doing, but he needs an afternoon to himself. He never cleans it and it took me four hours to do it last time!

Nooj
10-12-10, 07:20 PM
Basil and JayJay, I'll still come out even if it's just you two, seeing as You've been postponed already.

BB
11-12-10, 03:49 PM
Nooj, assuming tomorrow is at the PB how many you doing? Ghost's bike may not be available on 14th so any chance for tomorrow?

BB

Nooj
11-12-10, 07:36 PM
I can do one more tomorrow. I'd like to start at 9am, not to early for a Sunday, but should give me time to do three bikes before dark and get back home for a bit of relaxing in the evening.

BB
11-12-10, 11:48 PM
If we can get the triple there would that be ok?

BB

Nooj
12-12-10, 12:07 AM
Yes, no problem.

BB
12-12-10, 11:05 AM
Be there as soon as I can get him organised! ::)

BB

Ghost
12-12-10, 04:00 PM
Absolutly brilliant job on the Street Triple Nooj. Never seen it as clean since it came out the showroom 8-)

Now all I have to do is try and keep it that clean. I dropped it off at my mate who is going to MOT it for me and he was well impressed.

Nooj
12-12-10, 07:31 PM
Glad you're happy with it! It should be a lot easier to keep clean now, just give it a hose down with cold water to knock any salt and loose dirt off after a ride, if it gets especially dirty give it a go over with some cheap mild car shampoo (don't use Muc-Off or anything like that, it'll strip the ACF50 straight off again).

BB/Basil, I dropped the the monster's key through the letterbox before I left, rather than leaving it in the bike.

Now the complaint. This is the second time I've come out for Wiltshire Bikers and the second time I've had someone not turn up with no notice. I've done a round trip of 98 miles today, on a Sunday, to offer a service that's discounted by 25% exclusively to you guys. On top of that, Basil and previously Star have kindly taken time out to host me and offer you hospitality. I understand that stuff happens, bikes don't start, family emergencies catch you by surprise etc. but it's pretty poor not to even tell us that you're not going to turn up.

Unfortunately this now means I'm going to have to ask everyone else who wants their bike treating to pay an non-refundable deposit of £5 up front. When you turn up the £5 becomes part of your payment, if you don't turn up the £5 helps cover my travel costs. Sorry about that, but I'm not doing this for fun, I'm trying to make a living.

Ghost
12-12-10, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the tips Nooj, I'll see if I can get BB to practice them! ::) ;D

BB
12-12-10, 08:19 PM
Ha! Fat chance! I don't know one end of a cleaning cloth from the other! :D

Does that mean you did the Monster instead of the no show?

BB

Jacde
12-12-10, 09:50 PM
Nooj, you're due to do 3 bikes at mine next Sunday, will be chasing the 2 other bikes, to ensure they are here ready and waiting for you, how do you want the £5 deposit paid to you?

Nooj
12-12-10, 11:37 PM
If it can go through PayPal that will be fine. Send it to shinybikesyndrome@yahoo.co.uk, thanks for that.

I got the Monster properly clean, I got rid of as much of the oily gack that I could (99% of it) and it's currently drip drying which will make the proper drying much easier on Tuesday. They're a bugger to clean as you can see everything, but can only get to half of it easily, and no matter what you do there will always be some brown fins on the engine from baked on dirt. You have some paint flaking on the back of the gearbox, but they all do that eventually, it's come up nice though and should look really good once it's done! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
13-12-10, 12:28 AM
Magic, no rush, I'm not going anywhere this week and as long as Basil is happy to have it as a lodger for a few days! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Lexx0r
13-12-10, 12:32 AM
Any chance you can squeeze me in somewhere soon?
Happy to pay a deposit ;)!

ro
13-12-10, 12:59 AM
Are there still free slots at the Polebarn this week?

Squashed_Fly
13-12-10, 09:09 AM
Ro, you might be able to squeeze in at Jacde's on Sunday? I think she has 3 attending so poss a 4th one might be ok? Worth sending her a PM

Bornagain
13-12-10, 11:34 AM
Looked at my bike this morning and she's absolutely beautiful and shining and gorgeous and........you get the message.

Nooj you're a superstar, it's fantastic, don't want to ride it now :D

I know the dates have all gone a bit quiffy due to cancellations recently. Can we confirm who's coming here on the 14th & 15th dec?

14th -
BB
Ryan
Strrethippo

15th -
?
?
?

Nooj
13-12-10, 01:24 PM
Lexx0r and Ro, happy to do you on the 15th at The Polebarn. If anyone can get hold of JayJay he can be No.3

Deposits to: shinybikesyndrome@yahoo.co.uk please.

Looks like there will be more snow by the end of the week! Hope that doesn't bugger up this coming Sunday >:(

ro
13-12-10, 02:59 PM
Lexx0r and Ro, happy to do you on the 15th at The Polebarn.Hmm, must say, it does seem a bit daft you from Newbury and me from Swindon going so far west to Trowbridge when so far there's nobody else from that area confirmed. Would it help or just complicate things if I offered to host on Wednesday? And at the risk of upsetting existing plans, since the weather is looking dodgy for the other Swindonians on Sunday anyway, perhaps some would prefer to do Wednesday instead?

If that's all too disruptive, I could still come to Trowbridge on Wednesday; best for me would probably be the first slot (9am?).

StreetHippo
13-12-10, 05:29 PM
Yes, I'm still coming tomorrow. Should be there after 10 or later if it's congested then? I'll try ti Paypal tonight but my Internet has been down for two weeks now so I'm doing everthing on my phone! I will be there!

Stu

Is it OK to hang around at the Polebaen Basil? Till jobs done?
Cheers, Stu

Bornagain
13-12-10, 06:25 PM
Yes, I'm still coming tomorrow. Should be there after 10 or later if it's congested then? I'll try ti Paypal tonight but my Internet has been down for two weeks now so I'm doing everthing on my phone! I will be there!

Stu

Is it OK to hang around at the Polebaen Basil? Till jobs done?
Cheers, Stu

Absolutely [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
13-12-10, 08:53 PM
Understand what you mean, Ro. If you're happy to host on Wednesday and two other bods would prefer to come out to you, let's do it that way. Down to customer demand really, if the majority prefer the Polebarn I'm equally happy to do that.

Basil, am I OK to claim the side of the carpark against the back of the shops so I have some sun to work in tomorrow? Means I'm not trying to push bikes about over ice then :o

Lexx0r
13-12-10, 09:40 PM
Lexx0r and Ro, happy to do you on the 15th at The Polebarn.Hmm, must say, it does seem a bit daft you from Newbury and me from Swindon going so far west to Trowbridge when so far there's nobody else from that area confirmed. Would it help or just complicate things if I offered to host on Wednesday? And at the risk of upsetting existing plans, since the weather is looking dodgy for the other Swindonians on Sunday anyway, perhaps some would prefer to do Wednesday instead?

If that's all too disruptive, I could still come to Trowbridge on Wednesday; best for me would probably be the first slot (9am?).
Sounds good, Swindon despite being further away -is much more convenient to get too.

Count me in for the 15th (Wednesday). Will get that deposit sent right away now!

15th -
Lexx0r
?
?

What was the total price again?
Cheers

Nooj
14-12-10, 12:45 AM
Total price is £45, so £5 deposit, £40 balance on the day.

15th - Swindon, Ro to host, two spaces filled, one to go :)
Lexx0r
Ro
??

njl
14-12-10, 01:06 AM
Does it make any odds if I paypal the full amount to you for next Sunday.....I think I may have to arrange with Jac to drop off before Sunday as I'll be working and won't be able to collect before you've gone too.

Jacde
14-12-10, 01:13 AM
Does it make any odds if I paypal the full amount to you for next Sunday.....I think I may have to arrange with Jac to drop off before Sunday as I'll be working and won't be able to collect before you've gone too.

Nick, fine for you to drop bike at mine, will be locked in garage, think you've got my mobile but if not pm me and we'll sort out day/time for you to drop bike off [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ps I can drop you back to your place in the car

Nooj
14-12-10, 08:41 AM
Would rather have cash to be honest, Nick. Otherwise I'll be loosing money through PayPal charges, which means I'll have to put the price up enough to cover them. Bloody money grabbing banks, like they haven't got enough already!

Lexx0r
14-12-10, 12:17 PM
Would rather have cash to be honest, Nick. Otherwise I'll be loosing money through PayPal charges, which means I'll have to put the price up enough to cover them. Bloody money grabbing banks, like they haven't got enough already!

Just to let you know - I have sent over that £5.00 this morning.

Ro, be great if you can send me your postal code by mail!

ro
14-12-10, 12:49 PM
15th - Swindon, Ro to host, two spaces filled, one to go :)Morticia will fill the other space and asks if there's time to do both her bikes. ::)
Lexx0r
Ro
Morticia x2

Nooj
14-12-10, 08:28 PM
Can only do three I'm afraid, not enough light in the day for any more. I'm hoping to get to you by 08:30, so I'm properly up and running by 09:00, is that OK?

All fun and games today, managed to lock my keys in the van mid afternoon and had to enlist help to break in. Thursday morning will be spent bending the driver's side door back into shape ;D

ro
14-12-10, 09:12 PM
Can only do three I'm afraid, not enough light in the day for any more. I'm hoping to get to you by 08:30, so I'm properly up and running by 09:00, is that OK?OK with me. So the slots will be roughly 9am, 11am, 1pm? I can do any one (obviously) - Morticia wants the first slot, Lexx0r the last slot so I'll fill in between.

BB
14-12-10, 09:54 PM
Basil tells me I will need sun glasses when I collect my monster! 8-)

BB

Nooj
15-12-10, 01:04 AM
Those times are good, Ro. I'll try not to do anything stupid with my keys again, that must have wasted an hour today!

BB you'll be OK unless you look at the bright yellow GSXR I did today, then you might end up with a bit of retina damage. Ghost's ShockTube is under the seat of your Monster BTW.

StreetHippo
15-12-10, 01:19 AM
Made mine all muddy on the way home :'( good to see you again Nooj, thanks for doing my bike, gotta clean it now!
Stu

BB
15-12-10, 02:29 PM
Those times are good, Ro. I'll try not to do anything stupid with my keys again, that must have wasted an hour today!

BB you'll be OK unless you look at the bright yellow GSXR I did today, then you might end up with a bit of retina damage. Ghost's ShockTube is under the seat of your Monster BTW.

Cheers Nooj, must get down & collect it off Basil before he decides to take it for a spin and gets converted! ;)
The shocktube will give Ghost something to do this weekend! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

ro
15-12-10, 08:00 PM
Another three satisfied customers here. Nice to meet Nooj and have a chat. I hope next year we can be better organised so we don't have to contend with such cold weather and short days!

I have some impressive before & after photos of Lexx0r's R6:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014318/photo.jpg
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014354/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014336/photo.jpg
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014357/photo.jpg

Lexx0r
15-12-10, 08:40 PM
Another three satisfied customers here. Nice to meet Nooj and have a chat. I hope next year we can be better organised so we don't have to contend with such cold weather and short days!

I have some impressive before & after photos of Lexx0r's R6:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014318/photo.jpg
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014354/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014336/photo.jpg
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/shiny%20bike%20syndrome/s5-1014357/photo.jpg
Bike stayed suprisingly clean on the way home. Sadly, battery gave up the ghost as soon as I got home. It always seem to after a good wash - must be water getting in somewhere to the harness. Bit annoying really, but easily possible with all the mods on the bike.

Its on charge now, and will be dry by tommorrow- Thanks again Nooj for the cleany clean and thank Ro for the hospitality! :D

Nooj
15-12-10, 10:49 PM
That's odd. Normally ACF50 improves electrical reliability as it displaces any moisture in the system :-/ What mods have you got on there? I didn't spot anything obvious as I was going round it.

Some good before and after shots there!

Lexx0r
16-12-10, 10:16 AM
That's odd. Normally ACF50 improves electrical reliability as it displaces any moisture in the system :-/ What mods have you got on there? I didn't spot anything obvious as I was going round it.

Some good before and after shots there!
Its not your fault mate, happens all the time if its covered in water. Need to looked at really. Under the seat is a power commander which gets damp along with the battery!

UPDATE: All working again! :D R666

smellygerm
16-12-10, 05:58 PM
pics look great ,I must book mine in soon, I'll pm you after xmass nooj when I have a bit of time free [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
17-12-10, 01:15 AM
No worries, it's supposed to be a milder new year than the last one, looking forward to some warmer weather!

Nooj
18-12-10, 02:46 PM
SUNDAY:

I think it's safe to say, it won't be safe out on a bike tomorrow.

Event postponed until the nasty white stuff goes away.

Jacde
18-12-10, 03:35 PM
SUNDAY:

I think it's safe to say, it won't be safe out on a bike tomorrow.

Event postponed until the nasty white stuff goes away.

Could be a while then as it's snowing again :)
Will be in contact to rearrange a date [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Squashed_Fly
18-12-10, 07:50 PM
On the plus side, no riding means no more dirt and corrosion!

Nooj
18-12-10, 09:43 PM
You wish. As long as there's moisture in the air, there will be corrosion.

(Doomed! We're all doomed I tell thee!)

Lexx0r
18-12-10, 11:11 PM
Nooj, any updates on Babywipes matey? Call me lazy but I hate having to get the hoses!

Nooj
20-12-10, 12:11 AM
Personally I wouldn't, simply because I don't know what's in them so don't know if they'd take the ACF50 back off again, though I suspect they would as they're pretty good at degreasing bike bits.

Nooj
25-12-10, 01:30 AM
Happy Christmas from Shiny Bike Syndrome (me). Thanks for all the interest so far, looking forward to getting the snow out of the way and getting back on with keeping your bikes looking as good as they can.
;)

Jacde
27-12-10, 12:53 PM
Hi Nooj
it's thawing out in Swindon however I still have about an inch of solid ice on my drive, can we arrange new dates with you for 3 bike please, think week days as well as weekends are ok for us.

Nooj
27-12-10, 07:07 PM
The snow's definitely going here. D'you reckon your drive will be clear on Wednesday?

BB
27-12-10, 09:33 PM
Raining in Trow-vegas & very little snow left here!

BB

Jacde
27-12-10, 11:01 PM
Yes but I'm at work Wednesday, could do thursday or friday this week?

Nooj
28-12-10, 02:54 AM
Thursday's good. 09:00 start :-)

Nooj
28-12-10, 04:01 PM
Snow's gone, game on!!!

Need a 3rd bike for Thursday at Jacde's place. Am also back up and running here in Newbury.

Jacde
28-12-10, 09:45 PM
Any takers for a 3rd bike at mine on Thursday? pm me and I'll give you my address [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
29-12-10, 12:48 AM
Who is Nicolas Lewis? I have a deposit from you, dated 17th Dec.

*Edit* S'OK. Worked out who you are now. Be weird working on someone else's Falco!

Jacde
29-12-10, 12:05 PM
Still have a spare place for tomorrow (Thursday) Priory Vale, Swindon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

palldred
29-12-10, 03:39 PM
Hi, if you still have a space for tomorrow, i would be interested.

Jacde
29-12-10, 03:56 PM
Shedhead, pm sent to you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
29-12-10, 04:59 PM
Looks like we have 3 bikes for tomorrow folks
NickL
Shedhead
Jacde
See you tomorrow at 08:30 Nooj [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

njl
29-12-10, 07:12 PM
Brace yourself for much stockness Nooj!!

Should be dropping bike over tonight but hopefully catch you tomorrow afternoon.

Nooj
29-12-10, 07:37 PM
Good egg! Shedhead, can you PayPal me your £5 deposit please (if you haven't already done so) shinybikesyndrome@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

See you tomorrow, 08:30 start! Got to sort out my directions now.

Squashed_Fly
29-12-10, 08:18 PM
Nooj, i had to drop out but will come to yours at start of feb. Would you mind if i Popped over anyway for achat as i wanted some advice on a few cleaning things plus pro bolts...

Jacde
30-12-10, 06:51 PM
Thanks Nooj, you're a star, I have a lovely clean bike, it's SHINY! ;D

Nooj
30-12-10, 11:21 PM
Nice to see you, to see you, nice :D Another three buffed bikes.

No worries Fly. Give us a shout when you want to come round.

Thanks again to Jacde for hosting (and the hobnobs!!!) and Nick for the tank :)

coopmick
02-01-11, 01:26 PM
Are there going to be any more dates around the Trowbridge area in the near future???

Nooj
02-01-11, 06:10 PM
Almost certainly, if there's demand I'll come out. When did you have in mind?

coopmick
02-01-11, 06:30 PM
Almost certainly, if there's demand I'll come out. When did you have in mind?
when there is enough and some were to do it and a weekend

njl
04-01-11, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the great work you've done on the bike nooj, it's looking lovely, though i've yet had chance to get it out and admire in daylight. Many thanks

Nooj
04-01-11, 11:31 PM
Coopmick, would you be able to drop your bike off at the Polebarn and pick it up later so I can work on it during the week? It's quieter in the week, so I won't be in the way of guests coming and going. I can do it on a Sunday, but Bazil's at his busiest at the weekend and I'll be taking up of lot space in quite a small hotel carpark.

As for numbers, all I need is three bikes in all.

smellygerm
04-01-11, 11:50 PM
count me in on this one nooj just pm me with what you need me to do and I'll sort it out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
05-01-11, 01:57 PM
That's two then, do I hear three???

Glad to see more snow is forecast for Friday, NOT! >:(

Nooj
10-01-11, 01:25 AM
Any advances? I'm keen to get out and working again!

coopmick
13-01-11, 03:19 PM
Coopmick, would you be able to drop your bike off at the Polebarn and pick it up later so I can work on it during the week? It's quieter in the week, so I won't be in the way of guests coming and going. I can do it on a Sunday, but Bazil's at his busiest at the weekend and I'll be taking up of lot space in quite a small hotel carpark.

As for numbers, all I need is three bikes in all.
Sorry just seen this :( got no way of dropping bike off anyway, needs to be ride in ride out type of thing for me

Nooj
13-01-11, 11:05 PM
No worries, a Sunday session is still an option provided I can get two others interested.

How far are you from me in Newbury, could you get in to me?

coopmick
14-01-11, 01:33 PM
No worries, a Sunday session is still an option provided I can get two others interested.

How far are you from me in Newbury, could you get in to me?
I'm in Frome so Newbury would be a nice ride on a DRY day, but working nights only gives me weekends free as a rule

Nooj
15-01-11, 06:37 PM
No worries, Let's get two more bods together and do a Sunday at the Polebarn.

If I say 30th January, how does that suit you? Gives me a couple of weeks to scrape two more dudes together.

smellygerm
15-01-11, 09:13 PM
30th jan count me in, that's two we just need one more

coopmick
15-01-11, 11:23 PM
No worries, Let's get two more bods together and do a Sunday at the Polebarn.

If I say 30th January, how does that suit you? Gives me a couple of weeks to scrape two more dudes together.
;D I'm up for that ;D

Nooj
16-01-11, 01:35 AM
I'm about to owe Loops a clean (well, her bike anyway), will see if she's available then.

Better let Bazil know as well!

Loops
16-01-11, 05:12 PM
Nooj, not sure if I'm available on the 30th - I'd have to find out. Don't stop trying to find someone else while I check.

Alternatively I have a driveway (which has a patch of tarmac for the bikes) and garage at mine with water and power if you can get another group together - but i warn you now, my bike is really really filthy ;D

Nooj
16-01-11, 11:20 PM
Basil is OK with the 30th, so let's get in on!

I'll set up at 08:30, so would like the first bike in by 09:00, the second by 11:30 and the third no later than 14:00. I'll let you all decide who's in when, turn up all together if you want, that'll actually save me some drying time.

If I can't get a number 3, it'll still be on, I'll do Basil's off-roader as I owe him for hosting me.

Filthy bikes hold no fear for me, I have all the kit to kick dirt's ass, bring it on!

coopmick
17-01-11, 11:07 AM
I'll go first if that's OK see you at 9:00

Nelly
17-01-11, 01:27 PM
If there is a spare place still, I'll have the 11.30 slot?

Nooj
17-01-11, 04:47 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll do Loops' bike at her place.

Nelly, you'll be the fourth Biker-FM dude I've had in now :)

Nelly
17-01-11, 05:11 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll do Loops' bike at her place.

Nelly, you'll be the fourth Biker-FM dude I've had in now :)

maybe there is a trend appearing...

bubblylittleme
17-01-11, 08:58 PM
Would like mine done too please..... w/e in Feb would suit me .. not 5th/6th or 20th though..Would offer to do at mine but no water or electric at my garage

JAYJAY
17-01-11, 09:25 PM
I still need mine doing as well :-(

Nooj
18-01-11, 12:48 AM
Bubbly, could you get to Corsham when I visit Loops? Don't know when that'll be yet, fairly soon hopefully.

Jayjay, could you get over to me in Newbury this coming weekend? You're closer to me than you are to the Polebarn.

bubblylittleme
18-01-11, 06:08 PM
Bubbly, could you get to Corsham when I visit Loops? Don't know when that'll be yet, fairly soon hopefully.

Jayjay, could you get over to me in Newbury this coming weekend? You're closer to me than you are to the Polebarn.

Yes Corsham would be fine depending when it is...
Do you realise mine is a cruiser bike so is mostly chrome. Is that still ok?

BB
18-01-11, 07:22 PM
Lotsa chrome? Double the price!! :o ;D ;D ;D

BB

Nooj
18-01-11, 07:50 PM
Nah, they're easy enough to polish up. The difficulty is having no centre stand. There's ways around it, not a big problem.

Loops
18-01-11, 08:53 PM
Yes Corsham would be fine depending when it is...
Do you realise mine is a cruiser bike so is mostly chrome. Is that still ok?

Nooj is going to a busy boy that day - mine has lots of chrome and fiddly bits too ;D

Nooj
18-01-11, 08:59 PM
Yours is tiny, together they'll be the same as doing two 'normal' size bikes ;D

bubblylittleme
19-01-11, 12:13 AM
Nah, they're easy enough to polish up. The difficulty is having no centre stand. There's ways around it, not a big problem.

That's great...thanks
So when?

Nooj
19-01-11, 01:25 AM
As Loops is hosting, that's up to her. I'm busy already on the 27th-30th Jan and again on the 5th and 6th Feb, but I've mostly got nothing on in the week at the moment while people are still recovering financially from Christmas. I can do this coming weekend if that's not too short notice? Late Feb early March and thing's will pick up as the all year riders come in for their first session of the new year, so sooner rather than later is best.

bubblylittleme
19-01-11, 06:15 PM
As Loops is hosting, that's up to her. I'm busy already on the 27th-30th Jan and again on the 5th and 6th Feb, but I've mostly got nothing on in the week at the moment while people are still recovering financially from Christmas. I can do this coming weekend if that's not too short notice? Late Feb early March and thing's will pick up as the all year riders come in for their first session of the new year, so sooner rather than later is best.

As still salt being splattered on roads would prefer to wait till Feb if thats ok as not good for my chrome and forecast is freezing nites still this w/e
Available from 18th Feb any day till 27th Feb as work in a school so holiday time then

Nooj
19-01-11, 07:50 PM
How about the 20th Feb then if that's OK with Loops? Gives plenty of time to plan around it.

Loops
21-01-11, 08:31 PM
20th February looks good to me! At least, my diary isn't telling me I'm supposed to be doing anything that day... ;D

Nooj
22-01-11, 12:39 AM
20th Feb then. It's a date :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Medjool-Date.jpg

bubblylittleme
22-01-11, 05:39 PM
20th Feb then. It's a date :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Medjool-Date.jpg

Looks good to me too

Nooj
24-01-11, 02:32 AM
Good egg, will pencil it in my diary. Now... who's next? ;)

Nooj
27-01-11, 12:58 PM
Still up for Sunday, but I'll be out until Saturday evening now, if anyone needs to get hold of me, drop me a PM and I'll pick it up when I get back.
:)

coopmick
27-01-11, 05:12 PM
I'll there at nine

Nelly
29-01-11, 01:37 PM
I'll be there at 11 :)

smellygerm
29-01-11, 07:20 PM
It's there already

Nooj
29-01-11, 09:02 PM
Bring an extra jumper! Don't expect any sense out of me until at least 11:00, I'm not a morning person.

If anyone else in Swindon wants a bit of a polish, I have another forum dude who would like their two bikes doing, but doesn't have access to power or water so is looking for a venue to attend.

Bornagain
30-01-11, 12:28 AM
I'll be here at 6.50.....cooking ;D ;D

Nooj
30-01-11, 12:46 AM
Will have a little something for you in return for repeated hostings ;)

Nelly
30-01-11, 04:57 PM
Nooj! You are a god!
Fantastic job of the Z1000 Thanks fella!

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r455/NeilHudd/bikes/Photo0179.jpg

HensonA
30-01-11, 05:18 PM
Nelly .. bike looks great ...just seen yr FBook photos too.

coopmick
30-01-11, 05:48 PM
Nice meeting you guys today :)
Fantastic job Nooj many thanks

Bornagain
30-01-11, 06:20 PM
Nooj! You are a god!
Fantastic job of the Z1000 Thanks fella!

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r455/NeilHudd/bikes/Photo0179.jpg

Looks even better "in the flesh" ;)

Nelly
30-01-11, 06:24 PM
Nice meeting you guys today :)
Fantastic job Nooj many thanks

Nice meeting you too Mick :)

smellygerm
30-01-11, 07:51 PM
Nooj your the dogs bollocks if any one is in two minds to get this done then just do it ,it's going to be a regular thing for me, [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)

coopmick
30-01-11, 09:09 PM
Nooj your the dogs bollocks if any one is in two minds to get this done then just do it ,it's going to be a regular thing for me, [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 8-)
I agree ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nooj
31-01-11, 12:04 AM
Woot! :D

Glad you're all happy with today's efforts. Good to be back out and about.

Nelly
31-01-11, 12:17 PM

and me !

coopmick
31-01-11, 03:05 PM

and me !
Me too

Nooj
31-01-11, 03:19 PM
Good egg :-)

Jon_W
01-02-11, 08:57 AM
Will look at this in spring for the Sv and possibly the cub....

The GS is a lost cause!!! :D

Nooj
01-02-11, 01:32 PM

I'll meet your challenge! I'll bet I can get it looking respectable again.

Nelly
01-02-11, 01:39 PM

My Money's on Nooj! 8-)

Jon_W
01-02-11, 01:56 PM

The question is how long it will last.... normally all of one week!

Nooj
01-02-11, 06:46 PM
It should be a lot easier to keep clean once I've done my thing to it, just needs a regular hose down and some occasional attention with very mild cheap car shampoo.

Jon_W
02-02-11, 08:59 AM
It should be a lot easier to keep clean once I've done my thing to it, just needs a regular hose down and some occasional attention with very mild cheap car shampoo.

Oh dear.... you haven't seen the state the GS gets in.... I had to dig out the dirt at the weekend with a screwdriver.

I'm not sure what they put on the roads during winter, but half the soil from the nearby fields is a good contender!!!

Nooj
02-02-11, 09:11 PM
Get it as dirty as you possibly can over the next few weeks, and I do mean hideously filthy so you can't even make out it's shape, then give it to me.

I'll do it as a demo for the forum, make a day of it with a mini meet/BBQ kind of affair.
8-)

Loops
02-02-11, 09:34 PM
That sounds like a challenge :D

Sadly I've given up on my chrome, it's got so rusty from all the salt I think it's beyond saving :( Will have to find new bits for the summer, and coat the current ones in ACF to use during the winter....

redken1
02-02-11, 09:36 PM
Get it as dirty as you possibly can over the next few weeks, and I do mean hideously filthy so you can't even make out it's shape, then give it to me.

I'll do it as a demo for the forum, make a day of it with a mini meet/BBQ kind of affair.
8-)

I would like to come to that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
04-02-11, 11:08 PM
If there's not a better venue, then bring it round to my place in Newbury. I'll get some bacon butties or burgers on the go, tea and coffee etc.

Will sort out a date later if there's interest.

JAYJAY
06-02-11, 01:24 AM
I'm STILL looking to have my Daytona receive the Nooj treatment - but no water here either!!

Can I join in another venue too?

Nooj
06-02-11, 03:23 AM
If any of you can get to Newbury, only about half an hour's ride from Swindon, Marlborough, Hungerford etc. I can host you myself here.

If anyone in the Amesbury or Salisbury end of the county want me to visit, that's fine by me, three bikes is all I need for a session.

Nooj
19-02-11, 06:06 PM
Jay Jay: £19.80 for your screen bolts in polished A4 stainless (ideal for gold plating), comes with all the rubber well-nuts and scratch-proof washers as well.

Newnut: Had a look for engine covers, nothing for your year of Blade unfortunately, but the regular bungs are available: http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/large/img93_1.jpg
£66.67 if you want to go for them, I'm offering free crash protection fitting for WB as well if you buy them through me.

bubblylittleme
20-02-11, 10:08 AM
Woo Hoo biked being Noojed today...please keep dry so I can ride it home clean!

bubblylittleme
20-02-11, 07:04 PM
Loops and I are happy!

http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/nooj%20clean/?albumview=slideshow

Loops
20-02-11, 08:11 PM
It's so shiiiiiiiiiny.... 8-)

Loops
20-02-11, 08:13 PM
And I just saw the photo of my on my bike and practically fell off my chair laughing - it looks tiny, I'm not convinced I have a real bike now, I think I might have bought a toy by accident ;D

Nooj
20-02-11, 10:51 PM
I still reckon you've got each other's bikes by mistake :)

bubblylittleme
21-02-11, 10:03 AM
Definitely NOT..I'm happy with my bike lol

Scotty
21-02-11, 10:01 PM
And I just saw the photo of my on my bike and practically fell off my chair laughing - it looks tiny, I'm not convinced I have a real bike now, I think I might have bought a toy by accident ;D
Hahahaha, no problems touching the floor then Loops? ;D ;D ;D

Nooj
22-02-11, 04:35 PM
Hahahaha, no problems touching the floor then Loops? ;D ;D ;D

You're very lucky! You'll never be limited to what bikes you can ride because of a high seat. Most supermotos and big trailies are out for me, even some sportsbikes are a struggle.

Squashed_Fly
22-02-11, 05:04 PM
Nooj - you should try the brand new Aprillia RSV4 Factory. It's not only tiny, but I could actually pick the whole bike off the floor with 1 hand. I've sat on heavier mountain bikes I'm sure!