PDA

View Full Version : Free motorbike parking

Beamer
16-11-11, 09:32 PM
Today I received a rather pleasant letter from Swindon Borough Council.
It contained a list of FREE motorbike parking bays in the Swindon area. If anyone wishes to have a copy just ask hehe

Also contained in the envelope was another piece of paper saying my appeal against my 'illegal' parking the other week had been approved and I would not be required to pay the £25 fine. They must have agreed with the fact that the car park sign was misleading and discriminatory. :) :) :) :) :)

I dont want to appear too happy but I really feel the need to let out just one cheeky little......

WOO HOO

:D :D :D

Green Man
16-11-11, 09:35 PM
Wooo Hooo tina i think i better have a copy ;D ;D

redken1
16-11-11, 09:39 PM
Well done Tina you little rebel you. Swindon council today St Pauls tomorrow. lol ;D ;D ;D

StreetHippo
16-11-11, 10:29 PM
Is there an on-line link to it please?
Stu :)

Beamer
16-11-11, 10:43 PM
Is there an on-line link to it please?
Stu :)

I expect so lol ;D ;D

Toph
16-11-11, 11:48 PM
What about the others? are they appealing against the ticket as well?? :-?

Karl
16-11-11, 11:53 PM
Well done! Too many people just let the authorities walk all over them. We have all been there looking for M/C parking in a carpark. If we do find it, it is some small corner that you cant get into, next to some skips. They are all just after that extra money. "Question everything". An offence is not a crime, and sometimes all you need to do is stand up for yourself. ;)

Ryan
16-11-11, 11:54 PM
Well done T :)

Karl
16-11-11, 11:59 PM
Well done Tina you little rebel you. Swindon council today St Pauls tomorrow. lol ;D ;D ;D
I hear a plan in the making?

Beamer
17-11-11, 12:15 AM
What about the others? are they appealing against the ticket as well?? :-?

Dont know Toph...some are still waiting i think :-?

Honda_Star
17-11-11, 01:44 AM
Bloody paid mine as much too busy to appeal >:(

Jon_W
17-11-11, 08:53 AM
Nice one!! :)

Kevinb
17-11-11, 09:54 AM
Today I received a rather pleasant letter from Swindon Borough Council.
It contained a list of FREE motorbike parking bays in the Swindon area. If anyone wishes to have a copy just ask hehe

Also contained in the envelope was another piece of paper saying my appeal against my 'illegal' parking the other week had been approved and I would not be required to pay the £25 fine. They must have agreed with the fact that the car park sign was misleading and discriminatory. :) :) :) :) :)

I dont want to appear too happy but I really feel the need to let out just one cheeky little......

WOO HOO

:D :D :D

Well done. Shame Weymouth Council didn't listen to me about my parking fine. B*stards >:(

No more trips to Weymouth will go to Swanage instead. Probably get a better class of parking warden

nickreeve
17-11-11, 10:08 AM
well done with the appeal , did say you would get away with it ;D ;D ;D ;D

macthered
17-11-11, 11:05 AM
Good skills!

Can i have a copy please.

Geordie Stu
17-11-11, 11:13 AM
Nice 1 Tina [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Beamer
17-11-11, 09:35 PM
One point though...the other 5 that got tickets at the same place at the same time should appeal now too.....especially if you have paid
I think you may have an awfully strong case against them....If I dont have to pay the fine because the sign was misleading etc etc....then why should anyone else have to pay.....we were there in a group (we have the photo to prove it)
So I have printed my letter and the reply from SBC for everyone else too if you want to use it.

HensonA
18-11-11, 12:21 AM
Star ... you should be able to retrospectively appeal and get your money refunded ... precedent set by Tina's successful appeal.

@bj
18-11-11, 01:59 AM
Star ... you should be able to retrospectively appeal and get your money refunded ... precedent set by Tina's successful appeal.

Um - yeah... thought you were a solicitor anyway - if you can't do it - what example does it set for the rest of us mere mortals..?

Honda_Star
18-11-11, 09:42 AM
Um - yeah... thought you were a solicitor anyway - if you can't do it - what example does it set for the rest of us mere mortals..?

Oakley - I'm not claiming I don't know what to bloody do or can't do it - I'm just incredibly busy doing my job as a solicitor and funnily enough rarely get time to draw breath. Simple .