PDA

View Full Version : Selling the 1400 - advice/opinions appreciated...

MartinB
20-11-11, 04:48 PM
Hi all,
I've decided to sell my GSX1400, I bought it new in Nov '07 and to be honest it's hardly been used!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/martinwb/DSCF0479-1.jpg

Mileage is only 1,885 miles!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/martinwb/DSCF0478-2.jpg

Where would be the best place to advertise her?
Also trying to put a price on her has been difficult, not seen any others with this low mileage
What do you think??
Would it be best to take the lugguage off??
I am open to your advice/opinions

Mitch9128
20-11-11, 04:51 PM
MCN/Autotrader bikes/Pistonheads, and yes take the luggage off, looks gash with it on.

redken1
20-11-11, 04:59 PM
She looks minted Martin. As a matter of interest - what after market exhaust is fitted?

Good luck with the sale - wish I had some spare dosh, a real man's (no offence to the lovely ladies) muscle bike. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RichTT
20-11-11, 10:43 PM
Suzuki GSX1400 - the only Japanese bike I actually like!!! I'd buy it if I had the money. 8-)

Jon_W
21-11-11, 09:07 AM
You'll get more money selling the luggage seperatly, but the luggage will be a selling point meaning the bike will sell quicker.

What I do is take the luggage off and offer it as part of the deal if the nextb guy wants it.

Great Bike BTW. Wish I had the money.

MartinB
21-11-11, 09:42 AM
Hi all, thanks for your comments.
The exhaust came with the bike, Yoshi dual oval; Suzuki gave them away with all the Final Edition 14's.
It was a shame that Suzuki never offered an option of a fairing/screen as per the Bandit range. This bike is very capable of covering long distances, it is so effortless with loads of torque.
I did try mcn-mart, but got inundated with calls from dealers offering stupidly low prices!!

Mikkie1986
21-11-11, 09:52 AM
Take your luggage and rack off.. Ebay.. As a set they will fetch £300+

Bike wise. Just use Autotrader if your going to advertise it.
Autotrader = Max return generally.

If you would like i could look at sale or return from the shop? Again should get you a max return.

Give me a PM if you want to go down that route.

Mike :)

Karl
21-11-11, 03:54 PM
Looks a great bike.I have been looking around and I have noticed alot of bikes on Ebay just not selling. Wrong time of year and the recession is just begining to hit some people. Might be an idea to put it away, or just keep trying without spending too much on advertising, everytime you list it, it will cost you. I have just bought an SV1000s so no doe here. Good Luck!

Mikkie1986
21-11-11, 03:58 PM
Gumtree is free to advertise. :)

SupeRDel
22-11-11, 08:48 PM
I have sold a few bikes and cars on ebay. You can do it for just £8 as long as you are selling at a competitive price.

Put it on with a well written advert - write it on a MS word page first - save it then when you do listing - copy and paste. Use 12 good photos.

You are selling a bike - work on the advert to make it look good.

Have seen ads with blurry photos and two lines of writing.. :o

Put your phone number on the advert with the price you want and invite people to come and view it and talk about it.

I sell most bikes within a few days then you withdraw the advert so no final end fees.

Gotta be worth a punt for £8 to see how much interest their is

gibbo
22-11-11, 09:31 PM
:) Hi Martin. A lovely looking bike. I'd put it away until the springtime and then advertise it on E-Bay for 5 grand. Don't accept anything less!! The Final Edition model is the most sought after as it was the last to be made until new EU regs killed it off in Europe.
I had been after one for the past year and road tested a few but most had been messed about with and most 1400's suffered with front fork and engine side casings corrosion. Trouble was, the missus was interested in biking as well but due to her mobilty problems, couldn't get on the back of the 1400 (pegs too high) so I've settled with a CBF1000 with full luggage and this suits her perfectly (all her make up in one pannier and the refreshments in the other). I seem to remember that the performance exhaust on the FE was standard issue. Good luck with the bike. A lovely bit of kit!! 8-)

gibbo
22-11-11, 09:35 PM
:) Hi Martin. A lovely looking bike. I'd put it away until the springtime and then advertise it on E-Bay for 5 grand. Don't accept anything less!! The Final Edition model is the most sought after as it was the last to be made until new EU regs killed it off in Europe.
I had been after one for the past year and road tested a few but most had been messed about with and most 1400's suffered with front fork and engine side casings corrosion. Trouble was, the missus was interested in biking as well but due to her mobilty problems, couldn't get on the back of the 1400 (pegs too high) so I've settled with a CBF1000 with full luggage and this suits her perfectly (all her make up in one pannier and the refreshments in the other). I seem to remember that the performance exhaust on the FE was standard issue. Good luck with the bike. A lovely bit of kit!! 8-)

Oh forgot!! Leave the luggage on, good selling point. 8-)