PDA

View Full Version : Lights

spanner347
22-11-11, 11:33 PM
Evening everyone.
Please do not take this as a moan, just as a reminder to us all. I work in Ludgershall and on my way back to Warminster, I ended up behind a car which was following a bike on the A338, Tidworth to Shipton Belinger road, and the bike had no rear lights on at all. No number plate light or tail lights. The rider was in dark colours so as you can imagine he did not stand out at all.
It only takes a few moments to check your rear lights, so can we do it, and lets not get annoyed if some one tells us that a light is not working. After all, we are just trying to be helpful, polite and maybe stop the ol bill pulling you over.

wiltshire builders
22-11-11, 11:56 PM
I brought this same subject up last year about people riding without lights. You'd be surprised by the number of people who still think that DTR lights are dangerous.

spanner347
23-11-11, 12:00 AM
What I had forgot to put was the time, it was 5.20 this evening. From what I could see it was not a small bike either so you can't blame the learner mentality.

Blackandchrome
23-11-11, 09:09 AM
Very good point Kev.
I passed a scoot rider this morning with no lights!
Cars with no lights are bad enough, but the two wheelers need all the visibility they can get.

HensonA
23-11-11, 01:09 PM
I followed a car back to Chippenham last week in the dark ... only one tail light working ... neither brake light working (only the high up brake light on rear window) .... near side rear indicator not working either (could tell as when he turned left you could see the small side panel indicator light flashing).

So I followed him for a bit and he ended up on same housing estate as me so pulled up behind him..... he gets out of car still talking on his mobile ... I had my white helmet on and high viz ... and I just politely advised him about his lights issue ..... response was "are you the Police" ... I said No, but was just letting him know he had a number of lights not working and he just walked to his front door still on phone with no thanks or anything.

Hope a 35 tonne artic is behind him in daylight with him with no brake lights and maybe that will be the jolt he needs to remove his arrogance. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Vee4 Gaz
23-11-11, 02:11 PM
Ade, That makes you want to pop round to his house again with a hammer, He'll have to get his lights fixed then.

Fog lights ......don't get me started ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
24-11-11, 09:15 AM
If I see this, I try and let the rider know.

I followed a funny one, a ford focus where the brake lights has been wired to the [orange] indicators and the indicators to the [red] brake lights...... odd....