PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my good friends

silly_simon
26-11-11, 06:37 PM
Well after giving it a hell of alot of thought I have made the decision to quit :(

It isn't a decision that has been made easy as I have made alot of friends on here and I will miss you all (you know who you are) But the operation I thought I was going to get Isn't going to happen now >:( so therefore I am not able to ride a motorcycle for the foreseeable future, and If I sell the one I have, I won't get another one :o

I have an appointment with the Orthopaidics In January to see if they can offer anything but I'm not holding my breath as the Neurology dept said an op would not benefit my situation :( :(

Take care all and keep safe :) :)

Best wishes
Simon

Beamer
26-11-11, 07:09 PM
Why goodbye??

Just 'cos you arent riding why does that mean you have to end your friendships and stop coming to meets

The forum is not only for people who ride bikes but for people who have a love of bikes and bike related stuff

We could rope you into driving support vehicles and we always need car drivers at events to cart the marquee and stuff about (if you want to of course) so dont be daft and stick around xx

Dabz
26-11-11, 07:15 PM
Was about to say exactly what Tina did. Absolutely no reason not to talk about bikes or join in with club stuff just because you don't have one.

In fact, I didn't have a bike when I started WB - I'd sold my bandit 600 and ran WB for months before buying the 1200!

silly_simon
26-11-11, 07:17 PM
Thanks Tina

But the whole point of being a member of a biking community for me was the riding & meets on a bike :(

I haven't been to any meets for months and don't think i will for some time to come :o

Col
26-11-11, 07:47 PM
:( but Si won't your lad wanna join up sometime which will still be of interest to you mate.

btw I wish you good luck in getting your back sorted out whether it be an op or whatever---tried acupuncture ?

I'd stick around just to be annoying and take the pee :D

redken1
26-11-11, 08:33 PM
Simon, I hope you stay but whatever you decide I wish you all the luck in the world. Take care

Toph
26-11-11, 08:52 PM
You can still come to meets and social events Si, Then when your back is better you can ride with the gang again! :)
Don't just disappear buddy, you are too good a friend, I'll miss ya mate!!

NiteW4tcher
26-11-11, 08:59 PM
Why goodbye??

Just 'cos you arent riding why does that mean you have to end your friendships and stop coming to meets

The forum is not only for people who ride bikes but for people who have a love of bikes and bike related stuff

We could rope you into driving support vehicles and we always need car drivers at events to cart the marquee and stuff about (if you want to of course) so dont be daft and stick around xx

exactly i have left many ownerships etc over the years i stilll go on forums to give advice and chat etc

Lou
26-11-11, 09:47 PM
Simon...so sorry to hear this, hope this will not be the last time we see/hear from you...you are always great company and a pleasure to know x

Nelly
26-11-11, 09:49 PM
Bugger. Bad news. Turn up in the car fella. :)
:)

Gerry
26-11-11, 09:53 PM

That's it Nelly - just rub it in ;D
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1321030522

G ;)

Nelly
27-11-11, 09:58 AM

That's it Nelly - just rub it in ;D
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1321030522

G ;)

oops! :o

whizz
27-11-11, 10:02 AM
Mate sad news ...dont give up we will all miss you for sure ...come along to the pub or a meet n keep in touch ... catch you soon ! :)

Morticia
27-11-11, 02:01 PM
Why goodbye??

+1 :)

Morticia
27-11-11, 02:03 PM
I haven't been to any meets for months and don't think i will for some time to come :o

I haven't either, you know? Think I just made one ride this year...

BB
27-11-11, 03:55 PM
Don't give up on us Si, as has been said no reason not to go along to meets or stay on line just because you're not fit for a while.

Stick with us, bud. You probably know more people on here than I do! ;D

BB

Nooj
27-11-11, 07:21 PM
Stick around dude. Surgical techniques are always improving. You may yet ride again!

Squashed_Fly
28-11-11, 08:49 AM

I haven't either, you know? Think I just made one ride this year...

Ditto! Mind you, it hasn't helped that most of the ones I wanted to do it was p155ing it down! lol

Never let go of the biker inside you! ;)

Geordie Stu
29-11-11, 11:02 AM
& so say all of us. Still pop down to the H&C would be good to see you mate [smiley=thumbup.gif]
Good luck with the Op's