PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Pulls Out of MotoGP

Scotty
21-11-11, 04:14 PM
Sad news; Press release from Suzuki Motor Corporation describing their temporary withdrawal from GP racing activities:

"This suspension is to cope with tough circumstances mainly caused by the prolonged recession in developed countries, an historical appreciation of Japanese Yen and repeated natural disasters.

Having an eye to returning to MotoGP in 2014, Suzuki will now focus on developing a competitive new racing machine for that class.

Suzuki will continue motocross racing activity and support of road racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles, by obtaining FIM homologation and co-operation with the supplier of its development racing kit parts."

:( :( :(

wiltshire builders
21-11-11, 04:18 PM
Just what's needed, an even smaller grid. I can see why they've done it. They haven't had a competitive bike for years.
A wise man one said "drop a bomb on it and start again" ;D

Mikkie1986
21-11-11, 04:56 PM
Rubbish news to hear... Understand the reasoning for it though. Not a great year unless your name is Casey this year..... :-/

Scotty
21-11-11, 04:57 PM
All the same it is a shame after all their efforts over the season to gradually make the GSV-R more competitive and towards the end they were starting to get there. Looks like Hopper will have to go to WSB with Crescent - time for a quick check and lo and behold (http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-news/9525-hopkins-commits-to-crescent-suzuki-for-wsb-assault.html), he has done so.... MotoGP's loss is WSB's gain 8-)

Morticia
27-11-11, 02:05 PM
:'(

Jon_W
28-11-11, 08:53 AM
Not suprising. Moto Gp is an expensive hobby and suzuki have never really shone through. WSB and BSB use the bikes they sell in the showrooms and there is a better chance of them winning.

Hopefully they will be back one day.

Geordie Stu
28-11-11, 11:33 AM
Maybe another manufacturer will take their place. Aprillia perhaps...?

Mark_Able
29-11-11, 08:19 PM
MotoGP is going to be pretty cack next year. Although Suzuki haven't been competetive since Schwantz, they at least gave the other teams another bike to lap. ;D

I personally won't miss them, only because Paul Denning is such a cock. I used to work closely with him when I ran a training school in Poole, but he wouldn't think twice about blanking me whenever he saw me at a race meeting. Then again, he might have a point... ::)

Scotty
29-11-11, 10:30 PM
Although Suzuki haven't been competetive since Schwantz....

Er, overlooking the small matter of Kenny Roberts Jr winning the penultimate 500cc World Championship in 2000 on a Suzuki...

The way they managed to progress towards the end of this season was more impressive than that POS Ducati, even in the hands of the GOAT - from Indianapolis onwards, Rossi only out-qualified Bautista once; at Motegi, by one place. I think it's a real shame that they won't be there for the next couple of years at least, and the series is worse off for their absence, despite what you may think of Denning's personality deficiencies. ::)

Mark_Able
30-11-11, 08:38 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about JR... :-[

I was thinking it was more a testiment to Bautista's riding than the bike's abilities. But hey, who am I to pass comment. I just remember Chris Walker's title hopes being smashed by Crescent Suzuki... ::)

Maz
06-12-11, 02:11 PM
:(

Lets hope in 2013 no one else pulls out!

Geordie Stu
07-12-11, 04:46 PM
Who is Alvaro Bautista going to ride for now. Looked promising on the Suzuki.

Toph
07-12-11, 05:31 PM
Maybe Jaydee could enter on his GSXR.... I'd give him a cheer!! :)

Roxy
07-12-11, 06:19 PM
Who is Alvaro Bautista going to ride for now. Looked promising on the Suzuki.

Bautista signed for Honda Gresini about a month ago Stu..come on man keep up! ::)

I think he was always going to leave Suzuki and take the 2nd bike (with Aoyama leaving anyway) but with Marco dying they left the announcement until after Valencia out of respect I think (could be wrong but that's the way I thought it looked)

Really glad he's still there, all be it a different team. Huge shame Suzuki have decided to not race but I am sure they will be back. Bautista hopefully will carry on fighting the way he did in the latter part of this years season.

Roxy x

Geordie Stu
08-12-11, 04:22 PM
Roxy, Divven yee start heya noo petal :D

Mark_Able
08-12-11, 08:01 PM

Subtitles please! :)

Roxy
08-12-11, 08:03 PM

Subtitles please! :)