PDA

View Full Version : gsxr 1100 slingshot

kylezx6r
28-12-11, 07:45 PM
hi
just wondered if any1 knew how much i should sell my gsxr 1100 slingshot 1991 m model for it has 48,000 miles on clock
needs l/h mirror ans speedo pin but other than this she runs and rides fine 1 months tax and mot till aug she also has a full micron race system

all help will be appreciated :) :) :) :) :)

squirrel_hunter
28-12-11, 10:17 PM
I will give you £200 for it.

Scotty
29-12-11, 12:01 PM
There's probably an owners' forum around somewhere for them where you'd get advice and probably be able to sell it on without too much trouble.
Google is your friend, try it.... :)

NiteW4tcher
29-12-11, 12:13 PM
how come ur selling?

pilninggas
29-12-11, 12:38 PM
Tidy gsxr1100s are appreciating now - but take look on ebay and see how much they are fetching. Pretty iconic bikes (thought the air/oil cooled gsxr750s are a touch more desirable)

If they are easy fixes, it often does not affect value too much.

I remember riding a couple over a decade ago, they really rock - ended up with an EXUP though.

spudgun
29-12-11, 12:42 PM
I don't think they fetch much to be honest
The oil cooled ones are the desirable bikes, as stated above
As a guide, this one looks pretty clean
http://urban-fighters.co.uk/index.php?topic=323.0

D'oh, the link wont work unless you are a member, cut and pasted

Fired up once a month and ridden round the carpark is the only milage covered since its MoT in Jan
Unloved Unmolested classic
23k miles, Micron headers, std link/can or baffleless link pipe and stumpy can available, braided lines, +2 on the rear sprocket, pazzo levers, black screen
TBH i'd fit a new back tyre and clean the tank out but she's ready to rock as is £1250 ovno
Cheers........ Jim

wiltshire builders
29-12-11, 01:02 PM
A mate just paid £4500 for one....... Yeah that's what I thought too. :o

NiteW4tcher
29-12-11, 01:13 PM

i just fell off my chair :o

Trev
29-12-11, 05:56 PM
Tough one this, I paid £700 (or so, can't remember exactly) for my '89 no MOT K model on ebay. About a grand later (full service, tyres, chain n sprockets, fork & shock rebiulds, wheels blasted & painted and a few minor bits n bobs and I've got a reasonable nick slingshot. I would describe mine as in good condition rather than immaculate with a few battle scars on the original paintwork and one or two fairing cracks. Wouldn't take much (paint job, bit of polishing and a new screen) to bring it up to very decent standard.
These bikes are right at the start of the 'appreciation curve', never going to be Vincent Black Shadows but given the ridiculous prices people are paying for LC's (great bikes, I've owned four but £5k for a minter, really?) who knows the limits. Right now I wouldn't part with mine for less than £5k but that's more about the value I put on it as a piece of personal (blue & white) gixer history. If someone offered me a slightly scuffed, but all the rights bits sorted, 1990 EXUP for anything over £1500 I would laugh so much they would probably clock me one, just 'cos not my bag, in a rambling sort of way just trying to say ............. at the moment a gixer '11 slingshot worth wot someone will offer you for it, don't be offended if it's not much ;)

wiltshire builders
29-12-11, 06:20 PM

i just fell off my chair :o
It's to go with the k6, k3 and '85 750 in his suzuki dream garage. He's also got a Anniversary speed triple too.

kylezx6r
29-12-11, 06:25 PM
thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
only reason im selling her is because she has so much power 145bhp to be precise and i always seem to go to quick on her so i think i need to sell her and get something smaller maybe a 400or 600 model

NoYou
29-12-11, 07:11 PM
thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
only reason im selling her is because she has so much power 145bhp to be precise and i always seem to go to quick on her so i think i need to sell her and get something smaller maybe a 400or 600 model
It only goes as fast as you twist you wrist! A smaller capacity bike will just get you going too fast ... slower.
Speaking from experience here, I ride a 125 and often look at the speedo to find myself doing 90 without even noticing. Not breaking any records I know but its half again whatAnd the only reason I do notice is because I run out of gears!
Something I found helps me slow down a bit is to count my gears, I know what speed I can do in what gear etc. Just an idea ;) if you like the bike then its better to find a way to make it work than sell it and still have the same issue!

wiltshire builders
29-12-11, 08:03 PM
thANKS FOR HELP PEPS
Wrong reason to sell. A 600 or a 400 will have all the power at the top end so you have to wring it's neck to get the best out of it. If you want your kicks at slower speeds then look at a naked twin (don't type that into google) like a tuono or an sv.

If you were selling it because they handle like a bag of ****e then I would fully understand........

Nooj
30-12-11, 01:41 AM
The streetfighter crowd love the 1100 oil cooled GSXR's. No doubt one of them would have it off you.

NiteW4tcher
30-12-11, 06:04 PM
Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 i took one out for a test.......hilarious fun tops out at about 120mph but its got some niiiicee low grunt

they also do a 1200 version which ive heard is a ANIMAL

Jon_W
02-01-12, 06:11 PM
Take a look and e-bay, motorcycle mechanics and the bike trader. These will give you an idea.