PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKing spares prices!!

Moo
23-12-11, 11:36 AM
I suspect that the rear shock on my WR is in need of attention and was browsing the net and stumbled upon the cost for a genuine Yamaha replacement £1600 can you believe that!!! Wonder if they have ever sold any?

Scotty
23-12-11, 12:03 PM
I'd just get yours refreshed Moo, a much more economical way of doing it... :)

Moo
23-12-11, 12:16 PM
I'd just get yours refreshed Moo, a much more economical way of doing it... :)

Too true, think I'll take it to my local mx shop after the Imber Ride !! Even the spring for the shock is over £250 at Yamaha prices!!

Vee4 Gaz
23-12-11, 01:18 PM
HOW Much!!!

Cheaper to change the bike??

Squashed_Fly
24-12-11, 07:30 AM
I just used a good place to do mine. 170 including powdercoating the spring...

Will find the details later and post them

NoYou
24-12-11, 10:57 AM
I would imagine japanese bike parts have skyrocketed in price recently the same as computer parts, after all the floods etc. Have pretty much shut japan down

Rabb
25-12-11, 10:57 PM
Parts are now at ridiculous levels
Speed sensor (3 months ago) £79
including delivery = £92

Same product in Europe 58 euros + shipping cost
= Rip off Britain syndrome again!

NoYou
25-12-11, 11:05 PM
Parts are now at ridiculous levels
Speed sensor (3 months ago) £79
including delivery = £92

Same product in Europe 58 euros + shipping cost
= Rip off Britain syndrome again!
yh its actually becoming cheaper to import stuff than it is to buy it here

Nooj
26-12-11, 12:22 AM
That's the prices things are over here now, don't blame the shop keepers or the suppliers, it costs a fortune to run a business over here thanks to the lovely government and their tax demands >:(

Rabb
26-12-11, 09:09 PM
That's the prices things are over here now, don't blame the shop keepers or the suppliers, it costs a fortune to run a business over here thanks to the lovely government and their tax demands >:(

I completely agree with you on this - I queried the price at the time with the dealer concerned.
They told me it was possibly due to the events in Japan.

NoYou
27-12-11, 04:38 PM
They told me it was possibly due to the events in Japan.
For parts that are made in japan it will have had a MASSIVE affect... effect... erm... yea... PC harddrive prices have skyrocketed because all the factories and importer/exporters have been either severely damaged or completely wrecked. Can see it causing the same thing to happen with all sorts of things tbh

Jon_W
02-01-12, 06:14 PM
HOW Much!!!

Cheaper to change the bike??

;D

I knew a guy who had a collection of GS1100's, all bought for spares as buying a whole bike was cheaper than spares!!!