PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe Bike meetings 2012

Jacde
30-11-11, 09:54 AM
Just been looking through the CC web site and apparently they are planning two bike meets in 2012 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dates haven't been published yet as there is a delay with the British Superbike dates.

Anyone got any more info (any insiders? ;) ) as I want to make sure I can book holiday if the dates fall on working days/nights for me.

Moo
30-11-11, 11:07 AM
Thats odd, I got an email from Castle Combe on the 24th which said:

For the race fans………..

After an absence of 20 years, the NG Road Racing Club returns to Castle Combe to organise the sole Motorcycle race meeting on 1st September. Full details will be announced shortly.

Hopefully you are right because 1 day of bike racing a year on our local circuit is taking the pi55 to be honest!!

Jacde
30-11-11, 01:00 PM
Was looking at the site this morning Moo as want to make sure I can book holiday if bike events fall on my day/night shifts.
It's only a small paragraph at the bottom of a page saying they wanted to better the Foggarty/Ducati experience of this years meeting.

Moo
30-11-11, 01:47 PM
I found it too:

On the motorcycle front, we were concerned that it might be difficult to better what we put on this year with Carl Fogarty, and the Ducati Superbike Team but, in fact we’ve gone one better as we will have 2 bike meetings. However, a delay in publishing the British Superbike Calendar has meant we are still finalising the dates, although these should be announced together with the event content later this month – so watch our website for latest developments.

Its definitely contradictory, will just have to wait and see I guess :)

Dabz
30-11-11, 02:14 PM
awesome news :D

Mikkie1986
30-11-11, 05:38 PM
Might see a familiar face if NG are racing there..... ;)

Hazel-nut
30-11-11, 05:55 PM
Are the bike racing and bike meets not different things?last year they did some evening meets on a Wednesday with a BBQ anderson and a raffle as well as the bike racing which normally happens beginning of September!

Jon_W
01-12-11, 10:36 AM
I think Hazel is right. They do meets on the wednesday, but I thought they were once a month???

Dabz
01-12-11, 11:03 AM
I think the 2 they're alluding to here are 'race meets' rather than 'bike nights' - from what I understand from digging CC will have 2 days of bike racing next year as opposed to just the 1, and then the bike nights will go ahead as usual for the 4 "summer months"

Moo
01-12-11, 11:04 AM
I think Hazel is right. They do meets on the wednesday, but I thought they were once a month???

I think the original post referred to bike race meetings rather than bike meets with chips and burgers, at least that was my understanding :-/

Dabz
01-12-11, 11:19 AM
yeh mine too...

njl
01-12-11, 11:27 AM
I think they struggled with numbers for the meets so didn't keep going for many this year

Dabz
01-12-11, 12:07 PM
they always just do the 4 meets Nick - turnout wasn't too bad this year compared to previous years. Lots of money raised for The Bike Experience :D

Jon_W
01-12-11, 01:36 PM

I think the original post referred to bike race meetings rather than bike meets with chips and burgers, at least that was my understanding :-/

You might be right Moo..... got the wrong end of the stick...... again! ;D

njl
01-12-11, 01:51 PM
they always just do the 4 meets Nick - turnout wasn't too bad this year compared to previous years. Lots of money raised for The Bike Experience :D

Ah, fair enough!!

Jacde
12-01-12, 01:46 AM
Just checked the Castle Combe web site - race meet is Saturday 1st September

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/display_event.asp?EventID=408

No information about the second meet they mentioned late last year!

Dabz
12-01-12, 12:54 PM
from the newsletter:

There is good news and bad news on the 2 wheel front for 2012. We have previously announced that we will be having two motorcycle meetings this year, but regretfully due to organisational difficulties one of the clubs has had to withdraw and it was at such a late stage that we have been unable to find another club to take on the date. So it’s back to normal, just 1 motorcycle race meeting on Saturday 1st September, but run by the NG Road Racing Club based just up the road in Gloucester. There’s the bad news. The good news is that we are planning something quite different and new which we hope to announce within the next 10-14 days. All those on our motorcycle list will be updated accordingly.

Geordie Stu
18-01-12, 01:02 PM
As long as the "music is not too loud" check the db level...!!! :D :D

Mikkie1986
19-01-12, 06:50 AM
As long as the "music is not too loud" check the db level...!!! :D :D
[ch58377][ch58377][ch58377]

Still laughing now!! ;D;D;D;D

Jon_W
19-01-12, 07:43 AM
from the newsletter:

There is good news and bad news on the 2 wheel front for 2012. We have previously announced that we will be having two motorcycle meetings this year, but regretfully due to organisational difficulties one of the clubs has had to withdraw and it was at such a late stage that we have been unable to find another club to take on the date. So it’s back to normal, just 1 motorcycle race meeting on Saturday 1st September, but run by the NG Road Racing Club based just up the road in Gloucester. There’s the bad news. The good news is that we are planning something quite different and new which we hope to announce within the next 10-14 days. All those on our motorcycle list will be updated accordingly.

Thanks for that. Date now in diary.