PDA

View Full Version : Swinton Insurance

gill34
22-01-12, 08:04 PM
Just wondered if anyone else had gone with Swinton? Good company? Bad company?

I'm in the middle of a dispute with them over recieving my proof of no claims...it went off with the signed agreement but now they are saying they haven't recieved it. 2 copies later, they've decided to cancel the insurance and charge me £70 for the pleasure...grrrr! They would drop the charge to £20 if I take out a new policy over the phone, costing £150 more than the quote I accepted!

Strange thing is though, how can they charge me a cancellation fee if they apparently never had the signed agreement and the proof of no claims in the first place?!

In the middle of writing to them, but has anyone else had the same thing with an insurer? Wondering whether to sort it out with them, or go with the even cheaper quote, Bennetts?! ;D

Dabz
22-01-12, 08:31 PM
I was with them a coupe years ago but luckily didn't need to claim. Have been with bennetts for a couple years now

DC
22-01-12, 08:42 PM
Ive been with swinton for years for bike insurance and commercial van insurance and ive never had any problems but ive never had to make a claim but the mechanic who does some work on the van has had quite a bit of trouble with them ! you might be better off cutting your losses and switching Good luck

gibbo
22-01-12, 09:02 PM
:( Sounds a bit strange that! I always thought there was a 14 day cooling off period when taking out new insurance depending on your circumstances.
Basically though, their all shisters!! >:(

SupeRDel
22-01-12, 09:36 PM
A lot of companies will send you a renewal but look closely and you may notice there in No mention of NCB
That makes changing to other companies awkward as technically you have no written confirmation of NCB when you ask for a quote.

Companies are legally obliged to issue a letter to confirm NCB. Tiz wise to ring and get one before looking around for new quotes.

System stinks seeing as they are all computer linked anway.

I often hear people say "this or that" company is good (cheap) - you will only find out how good a company really is when you make a claim

Beamer
22-01-12, 09:42 PM
I was with Brunsdons in Swindon who got taken over by Swinton.
Yesterday I had dealings with them to try to swap my insurance from one car to another.
Was told to go into my local branch (in Trowbridge) that I never even knew existed and the pair of numpties in there could not connect to their own system, when they did they got snotty with their own colleague in Swindon in front of a customer (i did chuckle at this point) then couldnt log into my account because it was already open hehehe...at this point, and as I only had an hour on my car parking ticket, I said please dont worry I'll come back on Monday and we shall sort it then.....I couldnt last any longer without almost crying with laughter......I know I should have been more sympathetic but I just couldn't.....it just reminded me of a comedy sketch hehehe. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gill34
23-01-12, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone - think I will just cut my losses and go with Bennetts. Will still have a good moan at them and try and get out of the cancellation fee! If they are like this now, I would hate to have to go through the painful process of a claim (touch wood, I never have to though!)

Tina - I hope you manage to sort that one out soon, glad you came out laughing and not screaming! Good luck! :D