PDA

View Full Version : Gel pads or seats

Bigfish
16-01-12, 10:15 PM
Anybody got any experience of Gel pads or have you got one built into your seat. Do they work to avoid numb bum syndrome?
Thinking about buying the Triumph gel seat for my tiger, would welcome others views before I spend out the cash!
Alan :o

Nelly
16-01-12, 10:21 PM
I got a gel seat on the blackbird. Heaven indeed 8-)

Dabz
17-01-12, 08:32 AM
I had a gel seat on my daytona, loved it. Want one for the street triple but can't afford it yet :/

Mikkie1986
17-01-12, 08:54 AM
Gel seat on the Tiger works a bloody treat! We had them on the Demo's last year!! Pm me your contact details. If you want one i will get Richard on parts to call you with a WB discount price???!!! :)

Nikki
17-01-12, 02:04 PM
I've thought about getting one but being short I was worried that it might add height to the seat?

Mark_Able
17-01-12, 08:22 PM
Got one on my FZ1. Must be me, but it's not a huge improvement over the original. Better, but no armchair. It does add a little to seat height, but not so you'd notice. :-/

VVCALCHEMIST
18-01-12, 03:42 PM
i've got a lowered gel seat for the daytona to compensate for my fat arse, excellent job ;)

redken1
18-01-12, 05:38 PM
Got one on my FZ1. Must be me, but it's not a huge improvement over the original. Better, but no armchair. It does add a little to seat height, but not so you'd notice. :-/

I have to agree with Mark - my Fazer is fitted with The official Yamaha gel seat and to be honest I noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. I still get a numb bum after about 100 miles. May be it's just old age creeping up on me :'(

Mark_Able
18-01-12, 08:39 PM

I have to agree with Mark - my Fazer is fitted with The official Yamaha gel seat and to be honest I noticed a slight improvement, but nothing to write home about. I still get a numb bum after about 100 miles. May be it's just old age creeping up on me :'(

Or we've just got boney arses Ken... ;D

Julie_S
19-01-12, 01:31 PM
Lucky enough to pick up a new unused gel seat for my Street Triple via EBay
It is way more comfy than the standard though I think the harshness/jarring was more down to the el cheapo rear shock Triumph fitted rather than the seat. Before I even tried the gel seat Mike changed the shock for me. Must get around to trying it with the standard one back on and see how that feels. Gel seat is a lot nicer now it has bedded in a bit. Mine has done around 800 miles only under my bum and the stitching looks shabby on it already. Can't say I'd pay £150 for one (though my under £100 wasn't too bad)

Have you tried adjusting the bars or anything? got the bars in the wrong place on my previous Triumph and 10 mins down the road I wanted to get off - vibrations through my 'modesty' were not appreciated

igbell
19-01-12, 01:39 PM
TBH I have never had one or needed one....and no I dont have a large bottom ;D ;D

Bigfish
23-01-12, 03:14 PM
Hi all, thanks for your feedback! On balance it appears they help to avoid numb bum syndrome. Have just got used one from e-bay under £125 to try out.

Thanks again, will let you know how my backside gets on with the gel. :o (Oh that came out wrong, you know what I mean!!!)

Paul_H
23-01-12, 07:15 PM
Anybody got any experience of Gel pads or have you got one built into your seat. Do they work to avoid numb bum syndrome?
Thinking about buying the Triumph gel seat for my tiger, would welcome others views before I spend out the cash!
Alan :o

I've got a Triumph gel seat on my 1050 Speed Triple and to be honest it's not worth the extra outlay ........ I'm just glad I never paid for it

If want a comfy bum on longer journeys then invest in an Airhawk :)