PDA

View Full Version : A different breed!

JohnS
22-01-12, 06:41 PM
My girlfriend and i took our little girl and her pony for a walk along part of the Ridgeway this morning with our friends enjoying the fresh air and peace! On 2 occasions we were met by trail bike riders and can I just say (if you chaps are on here) what a great bunch you are! Both parties stopped or slowed to let us pass and 2 riders even turned off completely. If any of you are reading this then a big thank you goes out to you for being very considerate and polite to us proving that Wiltshire bikers really are a different breed!!!! :)

BB
22-01-12, 06:44 PM
That's the TRF code of conduct 8-)

BB

spanner347
29-01-12, 02:04 PM

BB

Could you teach that to the young lads who go riding over Longleat woods. Nearly took out the wife and dog a few weeks ago while we were out having a sunday stroll. No number plates, helmets or manners.

>:(

Vee4 Gaz
29-01-12, 02:16 PM
Kev,

Those kids are the type that give bikers a bad name, trouble is most people don't see the difference between road legal off roaders and idiots on motorcrossers, that turn up on byways and race up and down just p*****g every other user off. No wonder the ramblers and such like hate motorbikes.

Trouble is if you are not 17 and own a crosser where do you use it, most farmers won't let you use their land, so where do they go?

BB
29-01-12, 03:08 PM

BB

Could you teach that to the young lads who go riding over Longleat woods. Nearly took out the wife and dog a few weeks ago while we were out having a sunday stroll. No number plates, helmets or manners.

>:(

You can only teach those that are willing to learn, regrettably they are probably not interested in learning and are only biding their time until they move on to something bigger, better, faster etc...

BB