PDA

View Full Version : Which camera??

GingerWizard86
26-01-12, 09:21 PM
Right then ladies and gents.

I am planning on riding around Europe this summer and thought it would be a nice memento to make a short film / DVD of the adventure.

Have seen a lot of cameras out there, but want to know if any WB-ers have any personal experience with the best equipment for the job.

I need something that will be clear and with a lot of storage capacity - I don't want to have to carry 400 Flash or SD cards.

Can anyone give their 2 pence?

Squashed_Fly
27-01-12, 09:42 AM
Never used one, but having seen footage from lots, the Go pro's seem to be the best bet. I've seen them used on mountain bikes, surfboards, motorbikes, scuba dives etc so they are rugged and waterproof.

@bj
27-01-12, 02:06 PM
When I go traveling with my camera - I take a small netbook onto which I can download and review pics/film on a bigger screen. If you require even more storage capacity - add on a 0.5 or 1 terrabyte USB drive.

Rossio
28-01-12, 06:36 AM
My mate hunky has a forensic science camera that he mounts to his motox,well to joeys one that he borrows, the footage is excelent ......when it not just of clouds tho ;D but i do believe they are pretty expensive

CharleyX
30-01-12, 01:16 AM
Go Pro HD great camera like SF said there waterproof so can use them any where ....happy for you to have a go with mine anytime just ask :)

GingerWizard86
30-01-12, 01:35 PM
Awesome!, thanks Charley, may well take you up on that!!

Just gotta find a way of bodging some large data storage.

Tobias5571
30-01-12, 04:05 PM
The Hd go pros will run for hours if you drop from 1020 to 720p :) BRILIANT CAMERA!

Mitch9128
31-01-12, 02:05 PM
Got a Muvi HD10, waterproof to 30m with case, remote with giant buttons for gloved hands, loads of different mounts, screen on back, also takes stills, hdmi out, 1080p. Cheaper than GoPro, and the HD7 (720p) is even cheaper still. Takes micro sd cards, which a 16gb will record 10 hours at 1080p, but the battery only last for 4. I use mine mainly with a suction mount on the tank, it sucks like a sucky thing and doesn't come off even after over 10 hours stuck.