PDA

View Full Version : Aces cafe

leeroylee
30-01-12, 08:44 PM
Has wb had a ride out to aces cafe London yet ??? Suposed to be a really good meeting place

Nelly
30-01-12, 08:47 PM
Bugger to get to though! >:(

Snowy
30-01-12, 08:58 PM
Agree with Nelly - there just is'nt a great way to get there. Been once, no intention of repeating it.

redken1
30-01-12, 09:01 PM
Ye and we got lost comimg home :-[

leeroylee
30-01-12, 09:35 PM
there are a few other places like fox hill !! suposed to be some serious nice smooth bends all the way to the top alot of bikers i know go there ;D

Jon_W
31-01-12, 08:55 AM
The Ace is a great place to go if there is an event on. To me though the actual cafe isn't anything special. Getting there isn't that bad, but M40/A40 isn't the most interesting of rides.

Marmalade
31-01-12, 10:38 AM
there are a few other places like fox hill !! suposed to be some serious nice smooth bends all the way to the top alot of bikers i know go there ;D

Do you mean box hill?

Cafe at the bottom as well.
Meant to be bad but I don't think it's that horrific

leeroylee
31-01-12, 12:41 PM
Yeah sorry I know there's 2 of them just keep forgetting the names lmao :D

Squashed_Fly
31-01-12, 02:56 PM
Box hill is good - nice ride. We did that one last Summer in the BAKING heat!!

Wes
31-01-12, 06:32 PM
Usually go to the Fireblade day event once a year, and when i was working in London, we went there for tea,nice venue, but no real good roads unfortunately. And don't ever stay at travelodge Wembley, what a dump that place is :(

SupeRDel
31-01-12, 08:08 PM
Have been covering tclassic events for a mag there for the last 5 years. Roughly 4 times a year.

Was last there in November for the Blue Haze two stroke day..

Have come to the conclusion the owners is very good at getting money out of bikers and gives nowt back.

When they have these theme days it would be nice if someone from the Ace would give out a few vouchers/prizes to some of the people who show bikes.

I normally ride up on the RD400 and it is not a pleasant journey.. :( I went up on the XJR1300 to the XJR owners meet on a thurdays once and took the back roads. It took hours and was not pleasant.

Look out for any bike events at Brooklands - that is worth a visit

redken1
31-01-12, 08:11 PM
Have been covering tclassic events for a mag there for the last 5 years. Roughly 4 times a year.

Have come to the conclusion the owners is very good at getting money out of bikers and gives nowt back.

When they have these theme days it would be nice if someone from the Ace would give out a few vouchers/prizes to some of the people who show bikes.

I normally ride up on the RD400 and it is not a pleasant journey.. :( I went up on the XJR1300 to the XJR owners meet on a thurdays once and took the back roads. It took hours and was not pleasant.

+1

Last Train
31-01-12, 08:36 PM

+1

Goes for me too,

Brooklands is well worth a reccy 8-)

db
01-02-12, 12:32 AM
hiya del,nice to see you again,must have just missed you at the blue haze day.
the road to the ace isnt that bad,theirs some quite reasonable back roads,i quite enjoy the route through henley/marlow or stadhampton/highwycombe,boxhill is a worse run for me....

Jon_W
01-02-12, 08:52 AM

+1

Ace Cafe is nowt special. Brookland however is magical. Prehaps a Wb ride there at some point??

pilninggas
01-02-12, 08:29 PM
Easter Sunday 2009, Hunar led the way to Ace Cafe, via the A4. We had an interesting time as we got into north west london - Southall High Street was having a Carnival and we took a bit of a detour via the housing estates.

About an hour at Ace, as expected on a hot, easter sunday it was rammed.

Coming back we all got a shift on, well over a ton for a long stint between Newbury and Marlborough, and Chippenham and Castle Coombe. :)