PDA

View Full Version : Scooters are on the rise....

Jon_W
06-02-12, 11:43 AM
From the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16844525

Good to see one form of two wheel transport is on the rise. Long may it continue!!

How long before the goverment change the CBT rules.....

Dabz
06-02-12, 11:47 AM
brilliant mpg on them, well worth the investment if you use it a lot..

Swanny
06-02-12, 05:30 PM
"Some scooters will do more than 100 miles on £5 of petrol so that's a whole week of commuting," says Glen McMahon, from Honda.

The government won't like that, they want tax from the sale of petrol. Scooters will have to be stopped :-/

Wes
06-02-12, 06:09 PM
Lots about, and still riding through the cold weather, fair play to em.

BB
06-02-12, 06:57 PM
Yes, some of them even have gloves on so I know it must be cold out there! :o

BB

Swanny
07-02-12, 01:29 AM
Gloves and long trousers ;D

Geordie Stu
07-02-12, 05:17 PM
Good to see. Just the noise like a hair dryer :D

Nooj
07-02-12, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's different out in the sticks, but scooter riders are a bunch of ignorant bastards in London, they'll think nothing of jamming their ****ty hairdryer down the side of your bike scratching the paintwork and stopping you being able to get it of it's stand when you come back to it.

Rossio
08-02-12, 04:37 AM
Maybe it's different out in the sticks, but scooter riders are a bunch of ignorant bastards in London, they'll think nothing of jamming their ****ty hairdryer down the side of your bike scratching the paintwork and stopping you being able to get it of it's stand when you come back to it.

bloody peckerpeds

Jon_W
08-02-12, 09:51 AM

That ain't just the peds. Some motorcycle riders are just as bad!!

wasted_ace
08-02-12, 09:59 AM
More two wheeled riders on the road the better.. but agreed.. many reckless scooter riders represent the "****tier" end of motorcycling >:(

redken1
08-02-12, 08:43 PM

Nooj, they said the same about us back in the Seventies when we sreamed up and down on our beloved Fizzies

Oh what fond memories 8-)

Mark_Able
08-02-12, 08:56 PM
Blimey Ken, that's just like my old Fizzy (except it's shiney with no dents).

There's a forum for scooters now, but I think it's aimed more at the scooterist, www.scootercommunity.co.uk :)

Ade
08-02-12, 09:35 PM
Mark ... that Fizzy was at the ExCel show. It was brand new with only 0.3 of a mile on clock ... so pristine condition and looked great.
I'd have thought must be worth £5k or even more now ????????

redken1
08-02-12, 10:03 PM
Sorry Mark hope you didn't think that was mine. I Wish it was. You never forget your first ride ;)

Jon_W
09-02-12, 08:08 AM
Is funny hearing the complaints about scooters.....

Em comes home after riding her scoot moaning about the Biker that cut her up on a roundabout or can't wait to do a correct overtake so just skims past doing high speed.

redken1
09-02-12, 08:51 AM
Is funny hearing the complaints about scooters.....

Em comes home after riding her scoot moaning about the Biker that cut her up on a roundabout or can't wait to do a correct overtake so just skims past doing high speed.

Jon, generally speaking, whether a football fan, politician or biker, many of us for much of the time wear rose tinted glasses and only see things in our own little world.

The football fan only sees bad refereeing decisions made against the team he follows.

The politician only sees faults in his/her counterparts from other political parties.

The biker only sees irresponsible riding/driving from road users of other modes of transport.

In the words of a man of wisdom, the great Scottish Bard, Robert Burns:

“Oh, that God the gift would give us
To see ourselves as others see us”

My comments are merely an observation of life.

Jon_W
09-02-12, 10:28 AM
Oh so true. That is the point I was making.

Was not a pop at you Ken. As road users we shold all take care of each other.

:)

redken1
09-02-12, 10:36 AM
No not at all Jon. I was in full agreement with you. Whether we like it or not, we all have to share the roads on this tiny island :)

Geordie Stu
10-02-12, 12:50 PM
Awww Bless the old Fizzy. Brings back happy memories. :)