PDA

View Full Version : stroker nostalgia

Trev
09-02-12, 09:53 PM
Just picked up a bright red Suzuki X7 as a blast from my past! Blatted it around the company car park a few times, enough to get the two stroke haze going and remind me how small they are. Can't wait to get it added to insurance and take it for a proper spin.

At the moment stored at the back of our factory unit as haven't got room in my garage or as yet not told the wife I've bought yet another bike :-?

Dabz
09-02-12, 10:04 PM
Sounds good :D

Toph
09-02-12, 10:56 PM
When I worked at Jack Plowrights Motorcycle shop in Mill Street, Trowbridge in the mid seventies , (Anyone old enough to remember Plowrights?? lol ) we sold the GT 250, the one with the ram air system, the X7 was just being launched when I left.
I love strokers, they're in my blood. :)
I've owned loads of 'em. 8-)
There's nothing like following one,... the smell !!!! :D :)

Aint that right Kev??? 8-)

SupeRDel
09-02-12, 11:27 PM
You better come to the Aircooled RD rally in July.

We put over 80 RD's, TZR's LC's, GT's and KH's on the road on the run into Matlock.

Smokin.

Trev
10-02-12, 06:45 AM
You better come to the Aircooled RD rally in July.

We put over 80 RD's, TZR's LC's, GT's and KH's on the road on the run into Matlock.

Smokin.

Got a date for that yet? I'm off on holiday last ten days of July and have a trip to France planned early July so hoping won't clash.

The X7 has been 'rebuilt' (powder coated frame, rebore, etc) but paint and other bits not too a great standard. Perfectly usable and probably as good as the finish when they were new ;D but will need ripping apart and doing properly one day. I'm not too fussed for now as got it for a fair price and bought it to ride not polish.

Having said that one or two areas will get some attention over the summer as I go along, trouble is I'm part way through putting a ZR50SL back together for my lad's 16th, still have to sort the Gixxer misfire that developed in October and get the KDX MOT'd!

Lucky I've got a 'winter bike' to get me about ;)

Jon_W
10-02-12, 07:58 AM
Nice one. Love smokers..... just not following them!!! :D

Last Train
10-02-12, 08:37 AM
Yeah man, 2 smokes rock !

When I worked at Jack Plowrights Motorcycle shop in Mill Street, Trowbridge in the mid seventies , (Anyone old enough to remember Plowrights?? lol ) we sold the GT 250, the one with the ram air system, the X7 was just being launched when I left.

You betcha

:D :D

redken1
10-02-12, 10:04 AM
Could not agree more about the strokers. 8-)

When I followed Del and his mate on their RDs on the classic run the sound and smell took me back in time to the Seventies and all my fond memories. “Those were the days my friend”

Two-strokes ruled, Barry Sheene was a national hero, Blondie was queen of pop and PC stood for Police Constable.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
10-02-12, 12:41 PM
Had an X7 as a wee young lad. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

SupeRDel
10-02-12, 05:47 PM
This was our Royal wedding run to Minehead

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/php3NpJVbAM.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/php9fBllxAM.jpg

Our rally flyer for 2012.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/flyer2012withbanner-border.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/265.jpg

This year we have the sports moped club coming to join us.

We have a run to the Haynes museum at Easter where we will meet with the Bridgewater Vintage japanese

BB
10-02-12, 06:10 PM
Sounds like a good buy, hope to see you out & about and having fun [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

BB
10-02-12, 06:11 PM

I remember Jack Plowwrights... Jeez, that's going back a bit! :P

BB

Trev
10-02-12, 06:20 PM
Cheers Del, I'm around that weekend so, providing the old X7 is up to it, I'll take a slow (ish), smoky trip up to Derby for a couple of nights.

Never tried tankbag and tailpack on any of my X7's 'back in the day' but I'm guessing won't improve the twitchy handling much ;)

Last Train
10-02-12, 07:04 PM
.....We have a run to the Haynes museum at Easter where we will meet with the Bridgewater Vintage japanese

Drool....

I might pop along to that....

What day is it Del ?

db
10-02-12, 08:47 PM
Im a rather big fan of strokers myself,more liquud cooled than air,but their all winners in my book,might get one of the tdr's out at easter,or maybe even the mito350 or the kr1s. ...Decisions,decisions 8-)

Toph
10-02-12, 10:19 PM
Im a rather big fan of strokers myself,more liquud cooled than air,but their all winners in my book,might get one of the tdr's out at easter,or maybe even the mito350 or the kr1s. ...Decisions,decisions 8-)
Namedropper!! ;D ;D

db
10-02-12, 10:57 PM
;D

Trev
11-02-12, 11:12 AM
Have to say if you're going to drop names those are good ones to let go 8-)

Jon_W
12-02-12, 10:20 PM
Gimme an MZ and day.... Communist tat at it's best!!!!! 8-)

NoYou
12-02-12, 10:28 PM
Mito 350 *droooooool*