PDA

View Full Version : "D" for de-restriction day

thepetrolhead91
18-02-12, 08:24 AM
Sadly its not today, or tomorrow but come the 30th of March, you will see me cruising through the metropolis that is Trowbridge haha on the CBR1000f. Its been a long old two years, well nearly two but man I am ready for the full power of my bike. I you are a biker in my position, I bet you cannot wait to be de-re!!! Laters!!!

Scotty
18-02-12, 08:42 AM
Enjoy the lack of restriction when the day arrives, but take it easy as the CBR thou will have about four times the power you've been used to for the past two years, plus a heap of torque that you've yet to experience so it'll get you up to speed way more quickly than you've been accustomed to so keep an eye on your braking distances and don't give it too many beans out of corners in low gears! :o
Oh yeah, your face will ache from grinning too! :) :) :)

Last Train
18-02-12, 08:42 AM
8-)

thepetrolhead91
18-02-12, 08:56 AM
Cheers Scotty for the tips. I once owned the 1000f's little bro, the 750 Hurricane and that was a rocket for an 87 bike. As for the grin factor, im going to have cheek bones made of steel haha.

Loops
18-02-12, 01:20 PM
I'm still waiting to get the full power of my CBR600 - 17th August is De-Re-Day for me :D

Have fun on the 30th ;)

Toph
18-02-12, 04:56 PM
Is Stanley running again now Nic? :)

Mark_Able
18-02-12, 08:41 PM
Can't believe it's two years Tom. :o

As said, it's the braking distances that first catch you out. Because it gets up to speed quicker, you suddenly find yourself approaching things a lot quicker. Brake early... ;)

thepetrolhead91
18-02-12, 09:14 PM
I know Mark, madness. But all thanks to your training im nearly there and thanks for the tip. Will probs bump into you some point at Phoenix or in Trowbo. Laters man :-)

thepetrolhead91
18-02-12, 09:17 PM
I'm still waiting to get the full power of my CBR600 - 17th August is De-Re-Day for me :D

Have fun on the 30th ;)

Cheers Loops, bet that CBR 600 goes like stink anyway :P Im just dying to get riding my CBR 1000f!!!

Wes
18-02-12, 09:34 PM
Enjoy mate, happy days :)

Toph
18-02-12, 10:13 PM
I can only agree with what Scotty has said, keep an eye on your speed approaching roundabouts, junctions etc.
I passed my Das about a year ago, after 35 years of riding 125's . I jumped on an unrestricted CBR600 and approaching roundabouts I found myself approaching far too fast and having to brake hard . scary!!! :o :o :o
Just take it steady for a while, get used to the extra power and torque, and brake early for junctions.

Enjoy the extra power Tom. :) :) :)

Loops
19-02-12, 01:34 PM

Have fun on the 30th ;)

Cheers Loops, bet that CBR 600 goes like stink anyway :P Im just dying to get riding my CBR 1000f!!!

Compared to a CG125 it goes like stinky stuff off a shovel ;D

Toph, Stanley is still engine-less, can't get some of the last screws out which is preventing me spliting the case to get at the bottom end. Grrrrrrrrr >:(
And I've not got round to restarting the CBR either :-[ It's been too cold!

Beamer
19-02-12, 02:52 PM
Although its over a year away for me, do you get any notification of becoming 'de-restricted'

Is there any paperwork that needs to be sent off or licences to be updated ??

I know Im a little premature but was just wondering :-?

silly_simon
19-02-12, 03:24 PM
No Tina it is a automatic thing just watch when you come to renew your licences that you take a copy of both parts as DVLA are known to miss groups out and you can always ask them at the same time to remove the restiction :)

Jon_W
19-02-12, 07:25 PM
Nice one!!!!! 8-)

Geordie Stu
19-02-12, 08:24 PM
Enjoy when the day comes [smiley=grin.gif]

Mark_Able
19-02-12, 09:56 PM
Although its over a year away for me, do you get any notification of becoming 'de-restricted'

Is there any paperwork that needs to be sent off or licences to be updated ??

I know Im a little premature but was just wondering :-?

As Simon, said, it's actually shown on your licence already. On the back of your card it shows the dates of restriction (A2), and then normally shows dates from full category A. ;)