PDA

View Full Version : Project... (Possibly one for Jon W?)

Squashed_Fly
22-02-12, 11:24 PM
Been chatting to a friend this evening, who's dad has a Ducati Silverstone Super 175 in his garage, down in Devon.

Now for the interesting part - it's in kit form! Everything is there and it's complete, but aside from the frame and wheels, everything else has been taken apart, and meticulously kept in an old tea chest, each piece individually wrapped in oiled paper. It was put away like that in 1967, and has remained as such ever since!

Chris would like someone to rebuild it for him as a bit of a project, as he would love to get it running again and back on the road, as a tribute to his dad's love of motorcycling.

I mentioned that we have a few avid classic restorers on this forum, who may be interested in taking on such a project, and have the skills to do so. If anyone is interested, please let me know, and I'll pass your details onto Chris to get in touch to have a chat in more detail. He can't afford to pay silly money to have it done, as it will no doubt need lots of new parts as well to get it roadworthy to modern standards. But I'm pretty sure it would be an interseting & challenging project for whoever takes it on. I would love to do it, but sadly possess nowhere near the mechanical skills necessary!

Here's a pic of another one i found online:

http://www.italian-motorbikes.com/le%20mie%20moto/6%20pep%20ducati%20175%20silverston%20super%201959 %20londra.jpg

Last Train
22-02-12, 11:28 PM
8-) 8-)

BB
23-02-12, 08:38 AM
Half of Bath Classic would bite his hand off - to buy it! ;D

BB

Jon_W
23-02-12, 09:06 AM
WOW!!!!

I'd buy it!!! (robbing a bank first) ;D

Those "easy" resto's are never as easy as they sound..... It would take me years at my rate of work to do that..... I'll look at bits if he likes.

As to cost, these things are never as cheap as you'd expect. Most restos are not economic.

Jacde
23-02-12, 09:49 AM
Ooooh its PURPLE 8-)

Squashed_Fly
23-02-12, 05:15 PM
Jon - if you fancy a look at it, pm me your contact number and I'll pass it on to chris :)

wiltshire builders
23-02-12, 05:32 PM
Love the sculpted tank. Knees up, head down. The way a bike is supposed to be ridden! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
24-02-12, 08:59 AM
A bit like this one...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7SczI5autzw/SwPtU_N68OI/AAAAAAAAF_8/YiPPdCDvrCk/s1600/mv_agusta_disco_volante_css_175_1955.jpg