PDA

View Full Version : It's started already...

Mark_Able
25-02-12, 08:16 PM
A bit of sunshine, and all the muppets take to the road. Followed a guy on an R1 home this afternoon. Wearing jeans, doing the stupidest over-takes (traffic approaching, coming into a tight bend, etc.). After muscling his way past cars totally unnecessarily, he then pottles round bends slower than my Granny. Note: the bends are the fun bit, pissing off car drivers isn't... >:(

If you're just getting back on after the winter break, take your time and think about what you're doing. Please don't add to the stats... :(

Dabz
25-02-12, 08:34 PM
Followed a guy to work the other day doing some seriously daft overtakes, I actually shut my eyes twice :/

RedSoul
25-02-12, 08:39 PM
A bit of sunshine, and all the muppets take to the road. Followed a guy on an R1 home this afternoon. Wearing jeans, doing the stupidest over-takes (traffic approaching, coming into a tight bend, etc.). After muscling his way past cars totally unnecessarily, he then pottles round bends slower than my Granny. Note: the bends are the fun bit, pissing off car drivers isn't... >:(

If you're just getting back on after the winter break, take your time and think about what you're doing. Please don't add to the stats... :(

Good speach....spent today having to do garden chores, but hope to get the vara out tomorrow, and will be taking it nice and steady as not had her out for a while.

Toph
25-02-12, 08:45 PM
I ride my bike everyday, rain or shine, so when the sun shines I ride exactly the same way.... but my teeth don't chatter! ;D

Trev
25-02-12, 10:19 PM
Took the MT03 out this afternoon to fill up ready for IAM session tmrw morning and on the way home latched onto a chap on a Triumph sportsbike and, as I had a spare half hour, thought I would see if I could keep him in sight over a decent 10 mile section.
Comprehensively dusted on the straight bits but I was truly amazed at just how slowly/poorly he took corners. Admittedly we were pushing on a little but I'm by no means a super quick road rider and at one stage I really had to haul on the brakes as he braked from what I would guess was well over 3 figure speed (poor 'lil MT was still winding up at that stage) to about 40 to take a corner that was 60+ with ease.
Perhaps he was running in new tyres, or maybe his white leathers and boots were blinding him in the unseasonable sunshine ;D either way that was my cue to turn off and let him thrupenny bit his way round the next set of corners......

dell_boy
25-02-12, 10:25 PM
know what your saying fella,..i bumped into a group of bikers today,..they couldnt even ride to poole without one of them getting done for speeding....

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D

Beamer
25-02-12, 10:28 PM
know what your saying fella,..i bumped into a group of bikers today,..they couldnt even ride to poole without one of them getting done for speeding....

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour Dell....hehehe :D ;D :D ;D

Trev
26-02-12, 08:05 PM

bloody hooligans!!!! ;D
tu, tut - 43 in a 40 I hope ;)

Carbonkid
26-02-12, 08:51 PM
I fully agree with you Mark... ;)

Wes
26-02-12, 09:44 PM
Yes mate, there's plenty of new kids in the playground, been used to having it a bit to ourselves and now we have to share, everyone wants to race, and like dabz posted, the over/undertaking is borderline dangerous.

Jon_W
27-02-12, 08:48 AM

+1. Well said.