PDA

View Full Version : WSB

Mark_Able
24-02-12, 08:45 PM
At long last, bike racing is back on the telly. Winters are too long in my opinion. WorldSuperBikes is going to be one hell of a season this year. As much as I'm looking forward to MotoGP, WSB is probably going to be more entertaining. Last thing I knew, there was only about 5 riders on the grid for MotoGP... ::) :P

bobf279
24-02-12, 08:48 PM
Yes I have been looking forward to this for a long time, sky+ all set series linked so I don't miss anything :)

Scotty
25-02-12, 07:53 AM
The Brits have been taking a battering at Phillip Island so far, most have been off at one stage or another over practice and qualifying, more of an issue now that they only have one bike each. The early crocks were Laverty (broken bone in hand) and Haslam (cracked tibia screwed back together plus broken bone in foot) - these two have both qualified, but the latest casualty is Chas Davies who's broken a wrist :-( Superpole was cancelled following a serious accident in a support race, seems that there's quite a bit of carnage happening, the marshals and medics are being kept busy.
One bit of good news is Tom Sykes on pole position - go the grinner!

Geordie Stu
25-02-12, 09:08 AM
Still got time to enter the WB MCN Fantasy race.
;D

Mikkie1986
25-02-12, 11:06 AM
Staying up to watch it tonight!!!

goz1960
25-02-12, 02:40 PM
Love the racing my order of preference is

1= British super bike :)

2= world super bike

3= moto GP

goz1960
27-02-12, 10:06 AM
What did people think of the opening races of the season?.

Scotty
27-02-12, 12:56 PM
The races were pretty entertaining, especially the SS600s. Usual suspects dominating the Superbike races, but good to see Sykes get a couple of decent finishes. Given the number of riders hurt following crashes there in testing and qualifying it's testimony to how well Carlos Checa can bounce, that following his spectacular highside in race 1 he returned and dominated race 2. Good work by his mechanics to build him a bike for the second race as well. Credit also to Biaggi for his monumental comeback after going grass-tracking at turn 1 on the first lap and re-joining dead last.

Good news for the injured guys is the four week break before it all resumes at Imola...

Geordie Stu
27-02-12, 07:09 PM
Race 2 was better. Sykes & Rea battle. Biaggi from last to 2nd amazing

Mark_Able
28-02-12, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Biaggi did good. Still, teach him to mess with Sykesy... ;)

goz1960
28-02-12, 08:57 PM
I thought the super sport 600 was fantastic real close right till the end.