PDA

View Full Version : Any experience of Cyclone V2 Alarm?

DanS
23-02-12, 08:59 PM
I've been looking at the Cyclone V2 alarm for a couple of weeks, pondering it. Before I spend the money it'd be good to hear any experiences, good or bad.

Seems a pretty good deal. I reckon it'd deter a thief more than a bike without it, and if it makes the difference between bike nicked and bike not nicked, it's a no-brainer!

Regards,
Dan

Rabb
23-02-12, 09:14 PM
Ive got one on my bike.
Easy to fit - loud alarm - good price (same features as alarms about 3-4 times the price)
Go for it - would be my advice.

DanS
23-02-12, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Rabb. Order button clicked!

Have you got the immobiliser and remote start wired?

Rabb
23-02-12, 09:24 PM
Thanks, Rabb. Order button clicked!

Have you got the immobiliser and remote start wired?

Your welcome!

Immobiliser - Yes
Remote start - No (I don't like the idea of this for a couple of reasons
1. I have lots of interlock switches on my bike
2. I don't like to mess with ignition circuits - just in case.

My mate has the same alarm on his bandit and has engaged the remote start - it works fine - but I guess I'm old fashioned and don't like the idea of it.

Rabb
28-02-12, 10:25 PM
Hi Dan,
How's the alarm?
It's pretty easy to fit and works well doesn't it.
Have you activated the self start?

Nikki
29-02-12, 08:45 AM
I've been looking at the Cyclone V2 alarm for a couple of weeks, pondering it. Before I spend the money it'd be good to hear any experiences, good or bad.

Seems a pretty good deal. I reckon it'd deter a thief more than a bike without it, and if it makes the difference between bike nicked and bike not nicked, it's a no-brainer!

Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan

No idea what make alarm is on my bike (I assume a standard factory fit) and I hate the blooming thing. Its just a pain! I am continually forgetting to switch it off properly before starting the bike and the damn thing goes off with the slightest vibration if its not put in maintenance mode. It also drains the battery if the bike is sat and not plugged in to an Optimiser. Whether it deters thieves??

DanS
29-02-12, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

I fitted the alarm on Monday, and the bike was on the optimiser overnight, so it started fine yesterday. I didn't plug it in yesterday, and will be going out this afternoon for a spin, so fingers crossed the alarm hasn't drained the battery.

No major problems with fitting, fiddly rather than technically difficult.

I've not been brave enough to wire up the immobiliser and remote start yet - I'm a little nervous about cutting in to get decent access to the wires. I'll probably do it eventually, providing starting from the fob doesn't prevent me stopping the engine with the key as normal.

Regards,
Dan

Nikki
29-02-12, 12:57 PM
...the bike was on the optimiser overnight, so it started fine yesterday. I didn't plug it in yesterday, and will be going out this afternoon for a spin, so fingers crossed the alarm hasn't drained the battery.

Hi Dan

When I mentioned about my alarm draining the battery I meant if the bike is sat for several weeks rather than overnight.

DanS
29-02-12, 12:59 PM
...sat for several weeks rather than overnight.

...ahh that's allright then!