PDA

View Full Version : Power gain

redken1
10-03-12, 07:41 PM
As many of you know I fitted a new scorpion exhaust to my FZ1 Fazer. I owned the gen 1 Fazer before I acquired the gen 2, which had a different power delivery. In top gear the old model would pull like a train from about 3000 rpm. In, contrast, the new model’s maximum torque is higher up the rev range and the real surge kicks-in at about 6000rpm.

I have noticed a significant increase in the low down grunt since fitting the scorpion. I am of course delighted, but just wondered if anyone else on here that has a scorpion noticed any power gain?

Mitch9128
10-03-12, 07:49 PM
I fitted a Pipewerx can once, and immediately the clutch started slipping, hinted at a power gain.

FJ_Biker
10-03-12, 09:48 PM
Ken for the likes of me who use the bike for commuting has it done wonders for your MPG?

redken1
10-03-12, 09:55 PM
Too early to tell Taffy because I've only been for a couple of short blats. To be honest I don't really pay much attention to MPG on the bike. If it was £5 a litre I'd sell the house live in a tent and keep the bike. lol ;D

Nooj
10-03-12, 11:38 PM
In theory, accelerating to the same speeds as you used to, more midrange/lowrange power should improve economy as you don't have to rev the engine as high to get the same power out of it, so can change up to a higher gear sooner.

All depends on the right hand though really doesn't it ;)