PDA

View Full Version : Ar**hole !!

wasted_ace
12-03-12, 08:02 AM
Kicked off our own ride from the Huntsman Inn with 24 and gained another 10 in Wiltshire..then onto The Barge Inn at Honeystreet where the manager was a rude,unfriendly anti biker tosspot..nice pub..shame about the ar**ehole that runs it..33 bikes was not an avalanche..they were pre-warned a few hours before our arrival by one of our guys who got there earlier that there would be a group of bikers maybe 25-30 strong heading over ..its a Lottery funded pub so they dont really give a f**k about making any money and treating customers with respect.
One miserable local even complained to one of our Road Marshals that "you bikers" are to noisy and spoiling the peace and that he was going home..he got short thrift..
I personally think the Barge Inn at Honeystreet,Wilts is a cracking pub,top location and lovely scenery..but they really need to get their act together when it comes to customer service.
Being scowled at when you enter the bar and then being told"you could have told us you were coming" is not the way to run a business and even more shocking is to then go to a table of people and apologise to them because "these bikers" are here is a disgrace.. The Barge Inn..some nice reviews are now on their way to every bike forum in the UK and every Pub Guide in Britain ;)

20 of us returned to the Huntsman Inn at Falfield where Kay the Landlady promptly opened up for us and served us all piping hot plates of Roast spuds in Onion gravy along with honey roasted parsnips..all free of charge..now thats how to run a business..top marks to The Huntsman Inn....biker friendly is an understatement..great place. ;D

goz1960
12-03-12, 08:08 AM
Go for it. :)

Jon_W
12-03-12, 08:11 AM
Not good...... but glad it all worked out in the end.

Roxy
12-03-12, 08:25 AM
20 of us returned to the Huntsman Inn at Falfield where Kay the Landlady promptly opened up for us and served us all piping hot plates of Roast spuds in Onion gravy along with honey roasted parsnips..all free of charge..now thats how to run a business..top marks to The Huntsman Inn....biker friendly is an understatement..great place. ;D

You got a good one there Mart, lovely friendly staff who have made us feel very welcome. Roll on the lighter evenings and the summer and we can spill out into the garden.

I agree The Barge is a lovely spot but they have always been a bit miserable. We did a BCMCC run there a few years ago and when I asked (after a 10 min wait!) for a pot of tea I was told by a miserable looking girl that they don't serve tea because it was too much hassle, just coffee!!! I was fuming! They go to the trouble of buying using and cleaning a coffee machine but boiling the kettle and putting a tea bag in a pot/cup was too much hassle for them!!! WTF >:( >:(

The Huntsman get full marks in my eyes! [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy x

Swanny
12-03-12, 08:42 AM
The renovations took away the character of the Barge.
Landlord has always been a bit of a grumpy git

Demonbaker
12-03-12, 09:01 AM
Not been to the Barge since the takeover but this is the second time i have heard bad things about groups of bikes turning up and being unwelcome. Some friends of mine went there last year to meet up with a group coming down from London. The group had pre booked and rung up a couple of days before hand just to double check, when they arrived the landlord said he knew nothing about it and made them most unwelcome and was openly blaming the Bikers for the causing the problem.

Nelly
12-03-12, 10:12 AM
wont be going there again then....