PDA

View Full Version : Phil Stokes Westbury?

Nikki
07-03-12, 10:14 AM
Hi just wondered if anyone uses or has gone to Phil Stokes in Westbury?

Gerry
07-03-12, 10:58 AM
Hi,
Used Phil a few times on different bikes as he's just round the corner from me.
Seems a laid back sort of bloke and been doing it a long time.
Seems to charge fairly too.

Can't tell you if he knows everything there is to know about bikes, but he knows lots more than me (but that's not hard to be honest).

Cheers
G

Nikki
07-03-12, 11:06 AM
Hi,
Used Phil a few times on different bikes as he's just round the corner from me.
Seems a laid back sort of bloke and been doing it a long time.
Seems to charge fairly too.

Can't tell you if he knows everything there is to know about bikes, but he knows lots more than me (but that's not hard to be honest).

Cheers
G

Thanks sounds good to me - just need a new bike MOT'd and it seems mad to trek miles when he's just around the corner for me too :)

Demonbaker
07-03-12, 11:25 AM
Phill Stokes did my Xtra Raptor about 14 months back full service, change of chain and sprockets and MOT. Work was done properly and reasonably priced. Definitely would use him again

Nikki
07-03-12, 12:04 PM
Phill Stokes did my Xtra Raptor about 14 months back full service, change of chain and sprockets and MOT. Work was done properly and reasonably priced. Definitely would use him again

Thanks that's reassuring - often seems some of the best people are hidden out the way and only found by word of mouth or luck!

Caz
07-03-12, 12:29 PM
Hi Nikki, I use him all the time as he is only round the corner from me too :) he an his wife are very nice and accommodating when arranging a convenient time and day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nikki
07-03-12, 12:37 PM
Hi Nikki, I use him all the time as he is only round the corner from me too :) he an his wife are very nice and accommodating when arranging a convenient time and day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Brilliant thanks :)

Toph
07-03-12, 01:35 PM
He's a top bloke Nikki, friendly and trustworthy. :)

Nikki
07-03-12, 01:59 PM
He's a top bloke Nikki, friendly and trustworthy. :)

Thank you very much. :)

He sounded really helpful and friendly when I booked the bike in.

Rabb
07-03-12, 06:23 PM
Hi Nikki,
Phil is a top bloke - with a very good sense of humour.
Did my MOT last week for me.
Very accomodating around time & a very relaxed guy - but he knows his stuff.
- My alarm nearly gave him a heart attack (when it spoke to him!)
Top guy....

BB
07-03-12, 06:52 PM
He's been helpful to me too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Mark_Able
07-03-12, 08:11 PM
Not many dealers that can re-spoke a wheel, but our Phil can. That's the sort of service that can be invaluable... ;)

goz1960
07-03-12, 08:12 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=phil%20stokes&source=web&cd=1&sqi =2&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.westburyfiel dsports.co.uk%2FPhilstokes.htm&ei=FMFXT7TAJ6Ws0QWR 45HCDQ&usg=AFQjCNFzrMhVkKf1SJBRS5RIXrDdMyJptg

bobf279
07-03-12, 10:44 PM
Have used him since I started riding for service and MOT top service and truly nice guy.

Nikki
08-03-12, 09:02 AM
Thanks again all - great to have found someone so highly recommended. :)

Nikki
09-03-12, 11:36 AM
Just a quick follow up for anyone else reading this thread just had my bike MOT'd by Phil and what a really decent and nice chap.

Many other bike garages could take a leaf out of his book.

His premises may not be the most modern or clean but I'd much rather have someone like that looking after my bike than go to a glossy showroom where the mechanics take no care over your bike and a grunt is about the best it gets.

His wife was a lovely friendly lady too and loved the dog :)

Caz
09-03-12, 12:36 PM
Glad he looked after you and so handy being local [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maybe we should ask him about WB discounts ;D

spanner347
11-03-12, 08:22 AM
He MOT'd my bike last saturday, shop was quite busy as they talk to you and not "at" you like some places do. He has been there for a good few years helped me out when I was trying to do fork seals on an old Honda I had. It had the wrong forks on it and he took his time to find out measurements of the forks for the new seals. About half hour it took to cross reference the seals, and he never charged extra.

Demonbaker
12-03-12, 06:48 AM
I started going to Phil after my mate Martin took me down there. Martin raced top level sidecar grasstrack years ago and is an engineer by trade, he helped Phil get started repairing bikes and will only ever let Phil work on his bike.

bobf279
12-03-12, 09:38 PM
I don't think I could be cheeky and ask Phil for a discount he charges a fair price now and he doesn't seem to be short of customers.

supermancss
13-03-12, 09:33 AM
Just booked the Thundercat in for an MOT tommorow, will need front right fork oil seals doing though I imagine!