PDA

View Full Version : Modified Friendly MOT Place

House
12-03-12, 10:02 PM
Hello all,

My bike's due an MOT soon and even though it passed i dont want to go back to the same guy as he didn't think a lot of it (or the car i towed it there with). So, where's best to go around the Frome area?

Nikki
12-03-12, 10:06 PM
Hello all,

My bike's due an MOT soon and even though it passed i dont want to go back to the same guy as he didn't think a lot of it (or the car i towed it there with). So, where's best to go around the Frome area?

Phil Stokes in Westbury - had my MOT there last week and thought he was a really decent bloke

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1331115256

BB
13-03-12, 07:37 AM
Was it a Frome guy you went to previously? How far do you want to travel? Might be worth ringing people beforehand to ask thier opinion on modified bikes.

BB

Thorkill_The_Tall
13-03-12, 08:41 PM
Might I suggest that any recommendations for sensible or 'enlightened' MOT stations be confined to PM's only?

As they say, walls have ears - and the last thing test stations need is a visit from the man......

garvey2003
13-03-12, 08:53 PM
Can I add, I went to MOTARC today in Melsham to get mine done, Trev is a top guy and has a real passion for bikes. I would highly recommend going to him for an MOT.

I live in Swindon so it was a nice 60 mile round trip and worth it. Its nice to find a place you can trust :)

Call him on 01225 899 400

House
13-03-12, 09:05 PM
I dont need anywhere that'll send me a ticket in the post. The bikes legal and i'm 100% it'll pass again. What i dont need is comments about how i've ruined it after all the work i put into it. I'll take my money elsewhere if that's how it's going to be.

House
13-03-12, 09:07 PM
Cheers for the options guys i'll look into them. :)