PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Tyre fitters?

garvey2003
21-03-12, 10:58 AM
Do you think you would have much call for mobile motorcycle tyre fitters in wiltshire/gloucestershire?

It's looking like I need a secdond income, like many others in the country at the moment. A second income from my own business would be better.
I was thinking about purchasing a catering trailer but having no perm pitch that I could make a good return on it has to be selved sadly.

Web disign is very slow at the moment and I end up doing it for ntohing for people starting out to help them get going so not really worth anything.

Mobile tyre fitting with out of hours call outs etc. thoguht it might be a good idea. Not sure if it would be cost effective

Mikkie1986
21-03-12, 12:43 PM
Not sure. Have you tried the powers of Google mate? :-?

Nikki
21-03-12, 12:49 PM
Do you think you would have much call for mobile motorcycle tyre fitters in wiltshire/gloucestershire?

It's looking like I need a secdond income, like many others in the country at the moment. A second income from my own business would be better.
I was thinking about purchasing a catering trailer but having no perm pitch that I could make a good return on it has to be selved sadly.

Web disign is very slow at the moment and I end up doing it for ntohing for people starting out to help them get going so not really worth anything.

Mobile tyre fitting with out of hours call outs etc. thoguht it might be a good idea. Not sure if it would be cost effective

Think you'd struggle to make a decent return/profit when you think about the travel costs and the equipment and marketing costs you'd have to incur to get it up and going.

stretchie_
21-03-12, 05:31 PM
I would LOVE a mobile tyre fitters but I think you'd probably have to charge too much to make it worth it.

I take my wheels in loose MAINLY because it's about £30 extra just to have someone remove and refit the wheels and I'm a skinflint AND because I'm paranoid and would have to go around and recheck all the bolts so why pay someone £30 extra if I'm going to go around all the bolts anyway HOWEVER if that £30 extra were to have someone turn up to work and do it so it wasn't a pain in the neck with times and not being late for work I would definitley go for it

t1pper
21-03-12, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a relistic idea I am not sure who I would call if I had a flat on my bike and unable to get it to a tyre company, its not like I have a spare, maybe ask around see if you get a possitive responce ??
Perhaps do a survey at a large bike meet.

I my experience if you are dedicated, hard working and believe 100% in your product or service you can make a go of it. However do not look at as a quick fix for a cash shortage it will take time to build a customer base.

It is better to have tried and not suceeded than to have never of tried at all.

garvey2003
22-03-12, 09:57 AM
Been browsing google and spoken to a some guys who run a mobile tyre fitters up north and the profits can be good if you put all your time in and buy a lot of tyre stock.

Im looking at the longer picture too, I want something I can still do in say 10 years time. Bank robbery? I could still do that in ten years time :)

taliesin
22-03-12, 04:11 PM
its a big out lay,but i would def use you and pass ur name about,had quite a few asking me bout tyres,so i send them up the road to my local dealer

Nikki
22-03-12, 04:33 PM
Don't mean to be negative here but have you looked at the costs you'd have to incur just to get up and going? I know someone who did this and spent £25k on a van, equipment, compressor and insurance just to set up. You've got to fit a heck of a lot of tyres to get that back, cover your running costs and make a realistic profit.

Ducatista
22-03-12, 05:01 PM
I would happily pay for someone to fit tyres mobile.
In fact I had someone here on Monday.

However a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.

Nikki
22-03-12, 05:18 PM
...a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.

Would that be cost conscious and financially astute ;) ;D ;D

Snowy
22-03-12, 05:26 PM
...a lot of bikers are skinflints, so as others have said I think you need to research the viability of the business.

Would that be cost conscious and financially astute ;) ;D ;D

I make no excuses for my Scottish heritage ;D

gibbo
22-03-12, 05:31 PM
Don't think an old catering trailer would be a good idea because of the parking problem. You'd need a long wheelbase hi line Transit or Movano etc. I've used e-tyres in the past for the car and he had everything in one of these vans.
Why don't you set up an opinion poll, say for a month, on this forum to find out the opinions of members like:- Would you use a mobile fitting service in this area if the price was competitive. YES or NO. That would determine whether your idea is viable and take it from there. It's free as well. :)

newnut
22-03-12, 10:26 PM
it would be very expensive to start up, as has been said, also what about balancing, your looking at 2 grand for a decent balancer that can go in a van. good luck to you if you start.

t1pper
23-03-12, 10:13 PM
Just a thought but could you expand your range and consider car and van tyres as well as bike?? That would give you way more potentual customers
I understand that start up costs can be high but I am sure you could sorce most equipment second hand at a modest price given a bit time.
Also you will have an big advantage over some of the established tyre companies, they have rent, rates building insurances all related to a fixed premisess.

Good Luck