PDA

View Full Version : GT Motorcycles

Numpty_Dumpty
17-03-12, 07:01 PM
Good news indeed...

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymouth-man-relaunches-business-seeing-firm-sold/story-15518750-detail/story.html

Dan505
17-03-12, 07:23 PM
Shame GW let it get this way...good news for you peeps further south :)

smellygerm
17-03-12, 07:58 PM
Worth a ride down trist?

Numpty_Dumpty
17-03-12, 10:56 PM
Absolutely! I grew up in Plymouth (only moving away six years ago) and GT motorcycles was always around. It's so sad that GWs made a mess of this as the business was thriving.

So certainly worth a trip down, or popping in if you happen to be in the area.

I'll have my folks down there keep me up to speed with what is happening with GTs, and pass any info on. I'm sure they'll have a 're' opening at some point. Maybe we can show Mike some support?

T

Dan505
17-03-12, 11:00 PM
Keep us posted :)

smellygerm
18-03-12, 10:38 AM
Absolutely! I grew up in Plymouth (only moving away six years ago) and GT motorcycles was always around. It's so sad that GWs made a mess of this as the business was thriving.

So certainly worth a trip down, or popping in if you happen to be in the area.

I'll have my folks down there keep me up to speed with what is happening with GTs, and pass any info on. I'm sure they'll have a 're' opening at some point. Maybe we can show Mike some support?

T

just give us a date

Harry87
18-03-12, 10:52 AM
Attended Uni at Plymbo so know the area fairly well. Was before I knew I 'was going to become a motorcyclist when I was older' though so never paid any attention to GT Motorcycles. I do like the story though, and pity he sold it in the first place. Though it probably seemed like a good choice at the time, what with wanting to retire and all.

I would be up for a trip to Plymouth by bike. Haven't been since my graduation September '08.

+1 to a date 8-)

BB
18-03-12, 03:29 PM
Good luck to the man, lets hope he succeeds [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Col
18-03-12, 08:07 PM
:o customer had paid for 2 bikes and lost them !!! This bloke has a very sound argument to question law and application of the law process..wonder if he is going to attempt to lobby for change.

I've had legal probs and discovered how weak and ineffectual using law services are...even if you are right with proof a court will still disapprove of bringing a case.....blah ,other stuff,blah...unbloody believable but you still pay to be told there is nothing you can do....ehhh!!! bloody ridiculous ::)

wiltshire builders
18-03-12, 08:58 PM
I know 3 people who've had the same thing happen to them and there is nothing they can do about it.
All of them built their business fron scratch then got shafted when they were 'bought out'. It makes you sick.

DC
18-03-12, 10:33 PM
Bought my bonny at GT st austell in 2008 also went to the plymouth branch a few times good to see Mike back at the helm after what George Whites did to the three branches down that way !! Good News !!!

Jon_W
19-03-12, 08:09 AM
Good man!!! Love it down there..... well worth a trip!

Numpty_Dumpty
24-03-12, 08:35 AM
Bit of an update from Mike Grainger, GT's owner, posted last night...

"Just 2 let u all know the work shop is now open . New suzuki's arrive Tuesday and new honda's the following week, kawasaki's and Ducati's arriving in late April. Parts department and clothing opening 2nd April. Would just like 2 say thank you 2 everyone for all the support I have received has been brilliant MIke"

No official opening planned as yet, but if I hear anything I'll update.

Just a thought...Plymouth Mega Ride is Sunday 10th June...two birds one stone perhaps?