PDA

View Full Version : Honda XL185 Stolen

lolliver
29-02-12, 09:36 AM
My dad had his work commuter bike stolen last night by some little sh**. >:(

Could you keep an eye out for an old old red Honda XL185 please?

Thanks all.

lolliver
26-03-12, 07:39 PM
Hey guys,

sorry to drag up an old thread but my dad was notified by a friend earlier that his little commuter was spotted being blatted around by some scabby little degenerate in Melksham, so the police were called and long story short my dad is now reunited with his motorbike! ;D

It's absolutely ruined, as you can imagine but he's happy to have it home again nonetheless =)

Loops
26-03-12, 07:42 PM
Great news 8-) Is he going to be able to fix it up to it's former glory?

Toph
26-03-12, 07:50 PM
The same happened to me a few years back, my GP125 was spotted being ridden around a field by some halfhead liitle scumbags, they stripped everything off it and sprayed it matt black with aerosols.
Got the bike back, had a look around the field and managed to find most of the parts chucked in the hedgerows. Rebuilt it and got the matt black paint off. rode it for several years after, until I blew it up! :o :o :o :-[

Dan505
26-03-12, 08:27 PM
oiks, glad its back and hope its salvageable

pilninggas
26-03-12, 08:30 PM
no doubt the scumbags who nicked it will receive scant punishment. glad he got it back though.

mick_benson
26-03-12, 09:38 PM
Glad he got his bike back hope he can get it back up-together. The best punishment for them is to pay them a nice visit, worked for me very well when mine got stolen a few years back he won't be doing it again :)

lolliver
26-03-12, 10:47 PM
Glad he got his bike back hope he can get it back up-together. The best punishment for them is to pay them a nice visit, worked for me very well when mine got stolen a few years back he won't be doing it again :)

LOL ;D

It's not salvageable, as apparently it's royally screwed mechanically and the bike's not worth much financially so it's hardly worth a rebuild. BUT it's got sentimental value to my dad as it's just gone on and on and on for over 20 years, so he's happy to have it back regardless!

Cheers folks! 8-)

BB
27-03-12, 07:45 PM
Good to hear but sad to hear too :)

BB

Jon_W
28-03-12, 02:20 PM
Great news!!! Hope the little s*ds get what they deserve.

DaytonaDog
28-03-12, 03:50 PM
Great news!!! Hope the little s*ds get what they deserve.

I doubt it. They'll come up with some sob story about how they have been let down by society, their parents, the authorities, and they have grown up with no hope or future and its everybody elses fault except their own and they will get a slap on the wrist and told that they must behave in the future.

Good to hear that the bike has been reunited with its rightful owner although sad to hear its been trashed. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(