PDA

View Full Version : Not all coppers....

Squashed_Fly
27-03-12, 03:05 PM
are arseholes!

I'd like to thank the officer who let me off with a warning earlier, despite originally saying he was giong to give me 6 points for dangerous riding.

I overtook the marked car (safely and in the speed limit), then over took the car in front with a very old couple in as I didn't want to intimidate them by sitting behind them as they were going very slowly towards a bend. I had loads of room given the speed, so lifesaver and went, and stuck to the limit or just over for the next couple of miles. Copper then had caught up with lights on. Asked if I knew why he stopped me.

"if I'm honest, no" I said as I had been going at a sensible speed knowing he was somewhere not far behind me.

Apparently I had missed seeing the double white lines approaching the bend when I did 2nd overtake. He gave me 6 points, but as I apologised profusely, said I would take any punishment, but could we make it 3 instead of 6 as I have clean license, he retracted.

He said "You did the right thing by admiting it straight away, making no excuses, and apologising. It's a nice day, enjoy the rest of your ride"

Fairplay to him,as I was in the wrong, even if it was an accident for not seeing the lines as I was busy judging speed, distance to bend, and shoulder checking!

A lot of coppers could learn a lot from that as I had far more respect for him than I have others who don't exercise discretion very well....

Geordie Stu
27-03-12, 04:41 PM
Consider yourself a lucky boy. If a certain PC was behind you, no amount of apologising would have got you off. He would have done you.

He will have your details & if he gets you again he won't be so generous.

wiltshire builders
27-03-12, 05:23 PM
Just an apology got you off? Come on, what else did you have to do? ;D

goz1960
27-03-12, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a good man to me (fair play)

Geordie Stu
27-03-12, 06:20 PM
Just an apology got you off? Come on, what else did you have to do? ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitch9128
27-03-12, 06:52 PM
Even Hitler had good days ACAB.

Toph
27-03-12, 07:04 PM
I heard he was a real "big" guy !! ;D

Squashed_Fly
27-03-12, 07:09 PM
I heard he was a real "big" guy !! ;D

The biggest I've had....

Almost made me :'( and :o

smellygerm
27-03-12, 08:08 PM
That's funny cuz I saw you in the back of the car with your face pushed up against the window and the copper behind you with what can only be described as a huge truncheon with a tomato on the end :o

Toph
27-03-12, 08:24 PM
;D

Nelly
27-03-12, 08:26 PM
That's funny cuz I saw you in the back of the car with your face pushed up against the window and the copper behind you with what can only be described as a huge truncheon with a tomato on the end :o

;D ;D ;D

whizz
27-03-12, 08:42 PM
;D ;D

Jon_W
28-03-12, 08:02 AM
;D ;D ;D

Mikkie1986
28-03-12, 09:31 AM
Yeah i heard you were pressing all the right buttons in the car............... ::)

Geordie Stu
28-03-12, 05:00 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scotty
28-03-12, 05:32 PM
Nul points for observation... ::)

Andybusa
28-03-12, 07:16 PM
Most coppers are bastards, it's only a few who have fathers!