PDA

View Full Version : Bike shops for clothing now George Whites went...

Maz
19-03-12, 05:47 PM
Hi all

I am looking to get more appropiate clothing for when I get my cruiser.

My issue is I need to size the clothing in person. As the women will understand being top heavy sometimes the sizes are not correct so, I buy my clothes by trying them on before I buy.

George Whites were great for this! I spent about 3 hours trying to get the correct leathers that fitted for my ninja, needless to say now that has gone where can I go that have a wide range of clothing?

Thanks all xxx

smellygerm
19-03-12, 05:54 PM
Guess what ....................... It's going to open again infact I think it is just under a different name. I think the blade group took it on but you'll have to ask mikkie about that
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1331306556

Maz
19-03-12, 06:00 PM
Brilliant...

Thanks x

Dabz
19-03-12, 08:22 PM
J&s In Bristol are also worth a visit

Nikki
20-03-12, 10:06 AM
Have you ever ventured to GM Stevens in Trowbridge? They seem to have started stocking quite a bit of clothing and prices are pretty good too. They do actually stock proper womens sizes too which as you say is often very hard to find. I was looking at jackets a few days ago and think they actually have more womens jackets in stock than Fowlers. Not sure if they have much in the way of cruiser type clothing but worth a look if its not too far from you.

Nikki
20-03-12, 10:08 AM
J&s In Bristol are also worth a visit

They always seem to have a good choice of mens clothes but never found them too good for ladies sizes - the problem us girlies often have is that mens clothing sizes dont allow for our curvey bits ;) ;D

Rooter
21-03-12, 07:21 AM
Fowlers everytime. They have a sale on too. I got a Spidi airmesh summer jacket in there at the weekend reduced from £299 to £99. Great quality and at that price I just had to have it (Bribe on nice top, also in the store for the wife).

Staff are good too, very helpful. ;D

Rooter
26-03-12, 08:54 AM
Went again to Fowlers at the weekend. Got some amazing deals for She Who Must Be Obeyed in Triumph clothing - Jackets down fro £190 to £70.

However it has to be said that we were lucky and that their ladies department was rather small - not a lot of choice for such a large shop.

Spouse happy this time though. :)

Jon_W
26-03-12, 03:54 PM
Fowlers have a large clothing stock. Have found them good for odd sizes in the past.

si-moffatt
29-03-12, 11:51 AM
I went past GW yesterday and its open under a different name. apparently someone bought it back to get rid of all the old stock. as far as i understand the leftover stock from the whole of the franchise will be getting sold through the Swindon shop. I've not been in but might be worth a look.

Dabz
29-03-12, 11:55 AM
yeh, it's the same old crap at the same old prices in the main shop, and then some good bargains in the old Honda showroom (probably all gone now tho, not much left in normal sizes last weekend)

goz1960
29-03-12, 01:16 PM
In there this morning still the same old stuff as in the old George whites, all well and good if you are xx small or xxx large.
The only difference I could see was there are no bikes now?.

Beamer
29-03-12, 05:36 PM
Ive got Connor an absolute bargain !!

A proper bike coat with all the armour etc.......£10 !!

Ok, its extra small but will fit him next year when (hopefully) he starts his biking experience (as pillion of course hehe)

:) :) :)

Wes
29-03-12, 08:32 PM
HRS motorcycles are in Bristol on old market street :)