PDA

View Full Version : WHICH BIKE!

supermancss
26-03-12, 07:30 PM
I was going to fix my beloved yamaha thundercat. But after consideration, I can't be bothered. Its just going to be so much work and Im really getting horribly jealous of everyone else out there. I would just like to get somthing for upto £2000 thats going to be a good runner.

Has anyone got any reviews or opinions on the Kawa er6-n/f bikes? They seem to be fairly cheap, meaning theyre pants?

Any particular bikes that look nice, go well and are reliable?

been told that kawa zx7 bikes are well built, not too sure on looks so far.

wiltshire builders
26-03-12, 07:37 PM
Might need a little more info than that my friend.
You've just mentioned 2 bikes that come from the same stable but are completely different animals.

Where do you ride? How far? How fast? Who with? And for how long?

or just get a red one. Red ones are good.

Loops
26-03-12, 07:40 PM
If you want one that's reliable, then a Honda CBR springs to mind - and they aren't too expensive either as there are so many of them. Better build quality than a Kawak (comparing my two Hondas to my neighbours two Kawaks!)

Not going to be setting any speed records, but I like mine :)

goz1960
26-03-12, 07:42 PM
:question As above what are your main usages for the bike, this will give us a better idea of what would fit your bill the best?.

Dan505
26-03-12, 08:29 PM
Hyo do a cracking 650 ::)

supermancss
26-03-12, 10:07 PM
I will mainly use the bike for upto 80 mile trips, so needs a bit of comfort. Would prefer to keep in the 600 range or similar due to MPG really. Im in my first year and havn't got the 1 year no claims discount yet so will be looking at lower insurance brackets if possible.

spanner347
26-03-12, 10:14 PM
Just seen your avatar picture. How about a ZZR 600, cheap, proven track record and plenty about. A pretty good all rounder while you rebuild your thundercat.

supermancss
26-03-12, 10:21 PM
I dont have the mental brains or anything to take the engine out and the gearbox, it'll take me an age and I have no idea what im doing with gearboxes..

well and truely fed up :( great weather and my bike broke after a day being MOT'd. FML..

I have until thursday to decide to fix or break and get new bike

Morticia
26-03-12, 10:34 PM
Sv is a great commutermobile. Fast (the 1000) and sure as heck comfy. Best thing you can do is test ride as many as possible anyway, see which one feels better for you.

Jon_W
27-03-12, 07:44 AM
Sv is a great commutermobile. Fast (the 1000) and sure as heck comfy. Best thing you can do is test ride as many as possible anyway, see which one feels better for you.

+1. Agreed. Sv every time.

Nikki
27-03-12, 09:41 AM
I was going to fix my beloved yamaha thundercat. But after consideration, I can't be bothered. Its just going to be so much work and Im really getting horribly jealous of everyone else out there. I would just like to get somthing for upto £2000 thats going to be a good runner.

Has anyone got any reviews or opinions on the Kawa er6-n/f bikes? They seem to be fairly cheap, meaning theyre pants?

Ok may sound boring but if you like the Thundercat why not same again - you'll have a good supply of spare parts.

Mitch9128
27-03-12, 10:12 AM
Kwak 636, the Sv is a gurls bike.

Nikki
27-03-12, 11:04 AM

This might help -

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Kawasaki/Kawasaki-ER-6f-2005-2008/

Ade
27-03-12, 11:20 AM
Be careful with ER6 n/f's as the early ones had an issue with and exhaust bracket corroding and failing.

I think Wolverine had this issue with his eventually... so maybe send him a PM for more details if you're considering an Er6 n/f.

supermancss
27-03-12, 11:59 AM
Ive gone back on decision again! Haha, Im going to get the engine out and have a look. worst case scenario id have to do this anyway.....

Dabz
27-03-12, 01:04 PM
Be careful with ER6 n/f's as the early ones had an issue with and exhaust bracket corroding and failing.

I think Wolverine had this issue with his eventually... so maybe send him a PM for more details if you're considering an Er6 n/f.

Elaine had this with hers too - we had to do a quick repair last year ready for her ride home from thruxton!

Squashed_Fly
27-03-12, 03:14 PM

Don't green ones make you go 17% faster?

Jon_W
27-03-12, 03:23 PM

No. red ones are faster!!!!! :D

wiltshire builders
27-03-12, 05:26 PM

Good point, well made.

Mark_Able
27-03-12, 09:47 PM

Ok may sound boring but if you like the Thundercat why not same again - you'll have a good supply of spare parts.

I have to agree... :) You'll find a nice one for two grand as well.

As regards the 'Cat, the only issue I ever had with mine was cam chain tensioners. It was the same on both the 600 Fazer's I had too. :-?

supermancss
28-03-12, 12:21 AM
I got a very nice looking one, then dropped it..expectedly..

Jon_W
28-03-12, 09:31 AM

636.... don't you risk ending up like SF???? ;D :D

Sorry SF, couldn't resist!!!!!

Harry87
28-03-12, 12:12 PM
Feel free to ask me any questions on the er6n. Had mine almost 3 years now, 40k miles and counting.. :D

Yes, a weld in the exhaust manifold did eventually break, but that was after a good 32k miles. Like any bike, they all have their issues; just need to be cared for.

Andybusa
28-03-12, 07:18 PM
No Question!! BLACK bikes make you go 50% faster ;)

Mitch9128
28-03-12, 07:30 PM

Fair point, better to look like a gurl.

Squashed_Fly
29-03-12, 04:30 PM

It's true, owning a kawasaki does turn you into a nob... I was ok before I bought mine. Now the damage is irrepairable... [smiley=bath.gif]

Nelly
29-03-12, 04:35 PM

It's true, owning a kawasaki does turn you into a nob... I was ok before I bought mine. Now the damage is irrepairable... [smiley=bath.gif]

scuse me? :-?

Squashed_Fly
29-03-12, 04:51 PM
Tongue in cheek Mr Nelly sir!

If I can't laugh at myself, then I have no place laughing at others!

Mikkie1986
29-03-12, 05:26 PM
I have a ER6f in stock.

Blue 2007 with 2 new boots on.... Lady owner previously.... (No pun intended)

Pop in a take it for a blast... Bargain price of £2199.00

:)

( thanks for taking that Zx SF) Thought i would never sell it.... Silver ones are 44.7% slower than every other colour..... :P

Obviously blue is better... ;D ;D :P

Beamer
29-03-12, 05:28 PM
I have a kawasaki !! ;D ;D ;D ;D

And I can guarantee I don't have anything that resembles a nob hehehe 8-) 8-) 8-) ::) :P ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Squashed_Fly
29-03-12, 05:48 PM
Not Kev? Lol

Beamer
29-03-12, 05:51 PM
Not Kev? Lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HEHEHEHE...........Im not in a position to answer that at the moment...Im within slapping distance hehehehe

KP
29-03-12, 05:53 PM
Not Kev? Lol

Oi Leave me out of this thread ::)

Jon_W
30-03-12, 08:00 AM
Not Kev? Lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HEHEHEHE...........Im not in a position to answer that at the moment...Im within slapping distance hehehehe

;D ;D ;D

supermancss
31-03-12, 01:59 AM
I have a ER6f in stock.

Blue 2007 with 2 new boots on.... Lady owner previously.... (No pun intended)

Pop in a take it for a blast... Bargain price of £2199.00

:)

( thanks for taking that Zx SF) Thought i would never sell it.... Silver ones are 44.7% slower than every other colour..... :P

Obviously blue is better... ;D ;D :P

Not sure where you would have it ? Name of company?