PDA

View Full Version : Insurance payout question

Nico_babe
26-03-12, 09:20 PM
Right everyone im sure you all know that My other half came off my bike recently. I am fully comp but am wondering if anyone knows how i can work out what the insurance will pay out that would be great. Im suspecting that they are prob going to scrap it but it would be great to know what im going to get. Do i get what i put down as the bike value?

My bike is in my avatar but is a K7 600

Thanks
;D ;D

spanner347
26-03-12, 10:10 PM
There are 2 ways of looking at it, first have a look and see what your bike would cost you to buy today, both private and dealer sales. And then have a look at what you would get part ex for it. Try "We buy any bike" for a pretty crap price. You may get some where in the middle, but you can haggle if you have pictures to show how clean and well looked after your bike was.
But first of all make sure that your covered fully comp for when some one else rides your bike. Depending how the insurance is worded, you may only be covered 3rd party when some one else is riding your bike. In which case you may receive nothing for your prized possession. If this is how its worded, then I guess he will be really sorry and will do the dishes for years to come. :-/

Squashed_Fly
27-03-12, 06:59 AM
If they do scrap it, and it's fixable, see if you can buy it back as well - would make a good track bike if it's repairable to tack standards...

Mitch9128
27-03-12, 07:04 AM
They Cat C'd mine, i got the Glass's guide price (more than i paid 2 years ago!), minus the scrap value. Rang a Bristol bike salvagers and they came and took the bike away, and paid me cash for that amount, not a penny out of pocket.

spanner347
08-04-12, 06:10 PM
How did your claim go, hope you managed to get a reasonable price for it.