PDA

View Full Version : Re: new motorcycle mot centre in Melksham

Nikki
29-02-12, 09:22 AM
thanks to all you guys who have visited us,just to let you know that we now have a selection of engine oils,2 stroke oils,fork oils,brake fluids,chain lubs(ROCK OILS)

Hope its OK to ask here as I know some forums dont allow advertising but do you give Wiltshire Bikers a discount? :)

taliesin
29-02-12, 10:28 AM
sure some thing can be sorted :'(

Nikki
29-02-12, 10:49 AM

How much discount can all WB's have then?

garvey2003
05-03-12, 01:33 PM
Time to all to book an mot dude :)

Nikki
05-03-12, 04:49 PM

How much discount can all WB's have then?

Did you miss this one :)

taliesin
06-03-12, 11:42 AM
no i didnt miss this one,some of us cant spend all day on the pc,been a bit busy,work,parties etc

Nikki
06-03-12, 01:09 PM
no i didnt miss this one,some of us cant spend all day on the pc,been a bit busy,work,parties etc

Fair enough - some of us (sadly) spend all day working on our PC's ;)

No prob but it was a genuine question for the benefit of all Wiltshire Bikers.

You'd posted here, got some free advertising, said you'd give some discount so I did genuinely wonder if you'd give a fixed discount to all. :)

Gerry
07-03-12, 11:54 AM
Think you upset him Nikki :-/

The "D word" always upsets me when my customers ask for it (as 99% of them do) ;D

Taliesin... seems a reasonable question ;)

G :)

Nikki
07-03-12, 12:02 PM
Think you upset him Nikki :-/

The "D word" always upsets me when my customers ask for it (as 99% of them do) ;D

Taliesin... seems a reasonable question ;)

G :)

Think you may be right :o :)

Daft really as he has a huge potential customer base here.

Lost one potential customer now for what it's worth.

It actually would have been fine to say something such as my prices are as low as I can get so I sadly cant discount them any further but can assure you of fantastic service etc etc (my favourite line) but he did mention he was going to give us discount and then seems to have changed his mind?

Wasted opportunity and not good publicity especially for a new business ;)

supermancss
08-03-12, 11:18 AM
Ive got a bit of work needed but without a discount or managment of advertisment im not sure!

Geordie Stu
08-03-12, 02:01 PM
As it's a New Business venture, bit tricky to offer discounted prices. Perhaps build up a solid customer base & offer a discount to customers on a repeat business.

Nikki
08-03-12, 03:49 PM
As it's a New Business venture, bit tricky to offer discounted prices. Perhaps build up a solid customer base & offer a discount to customers on a repeat business.

I disagree its a strategy used successfully by many new businesses.

Personally I think great service with a friendly approach is of much greater importance than a bit of discount.

taliesin
21-08-12, 10:10 PM
you say ive lost one customer here,your one customer i wouldnt want any way

bobf279
21-08-12, 10:28 PM

Business pretty good right now then

R1chie
21-08-12, 10:58 PM
Ok peeps, I see this thread is going slightly downhill....play nicely please.

Col
21-08-12, 11:55 PM
Did have a smile when I read at the time some joker wanted a discount on an MOT which is around 25 groats anyway ::)

Very happy to recommend Taliesin as have had superb service at short notice for an MOT and will certainly go back.

'D' is only offered on bulk or transactions that price can be reduced---- one poxy mot is not in that category ::)

Snowy
22-08-12, 07:39 AM
The original post on this thread did not specifically mention MOT discounts....it was on engine oils etc.

I get a discount at my MOT centre.......they want to encourage bikers to go there. Its not a WB discount though.

Gerry
22-08-12, 07:45 AM
Ok peeps, I see this thread is going slightly downhill....play nicely please.

Noted Richie, although I do find it really strange that anybody running a business would drag up a six month old thread just to insult a forum member in public !

::)

Nikki
22-08-12, 08:57 AM

I'm not naive enough to think for one moment that my custom will effect your business.

Again as I said earlier you could have answered what was a very genuine question asked (after you mentioned offering Wiltshire Bikers a discount) that you couldnt offer any discounts but could assure forum members of excellent service etc., etc.

The truly sad thing is that as a new business you have wasted a good opportunity to promote your business for free in a positive way to a fairly large local market.

I personally think your response has been quite rude but enough said and people will make their own judgements.

All the very best to you :)

Col
22-08-12, 12:43 PM
The original post on this thread did not specifically mention MOT discounts....it was on engine oils etc.

I get a discount at my MOT centre.......they want to encourage bikers to go there. Its not a WB discount though.

:-[ whoops oh yeah but my 'd' comment still applies.

An MOT discount just for you Snowy or is the MOT priced lower for all ?

Common knowledge price varies from place to place with different offers on the go.

Anyway good that there is a place in 'Sham for bike MOT as Missens was not always available recently.

Snowy
22-08-12, 01:36 PM

:-[ whoops oh yeah but my 'd' comment still applies.

An MOT discount just for you Snowy or is the MOT priced lower for all ?

Common knowledge price varies from place to place with different offers on the go.

Anyway good that there is a place in 'Sham for bike MOT as Missens was not always available recently.

Where I go in Devizes they have an agreement with a bike club on price - I can't remember the name of the bike club. I just asked if I could get the same and was simply given it. To be honest I didn't ask for it last time as I have a bit of a laugh with them doing the MOT's (I like to get involved and the tester physically can't get on my GS) and its worth a couple of quid for the added info I get :)

Its the Hopton MOT centre in Devizes.

Col
22-08-12, 04:37 PM
8-) Don't 'use' Devizes much so not heard of the place altho' use a sparky firm on Hopton Estate