PDA

View Full Version : Rideout 8th March 2009

hotdog
09-03-09, 03:38 PM
Here's a little video I strung together from yesterday for anyone interested. What did I learn from this?

DON'T VIDEO IN THE RAIN.
Focus cameras properly when changing lenses.
Don't try to edit mpeg video (convert to avi first).
Don't video when riding through mud.
Check tightness of camera mounts regularly.
Buy better microphone and position it properly.
and...

DON'T VIDEO IN THE RAIN lol.

So, front cam out of focus, both cams slowly getting mucky... couldn't video for long and it's not very good... but some might enjoy...

http://www.vimeo.com/3541024

Regards,

hotdog
09-03-09, 03:42 PM
Oh, and has anyone seen Graeme (Beemerman) since he entered warp drive and disappeared? :D

jack930
09-03-09, 03:50 PM
I have a vid but struggling to edit it with music,seems the prog's i have wont do it ?

Any tip's ;)

Good vid btw

hotdog
09-03-09, 03:56 PM
What did you shoot the video on Jack? A DV camcorder or something else?

crewy
09-03-09, 05:54 PM
Great video Burger, thought the choice of music was pretty good too!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
09-03-09, 06:51 PM
Nice camera work Burger!

Some of those roads looked in clip order, and I'm sure one was going through a farm! lol

Good effort though guys, glad you had fun.

hotdog
09-03-09, 07:38 PM
The whole video is in clip order Richie and one was going through a farm!!! lol

jack930
09-03-09, 07:52 PM
Was on a action cam and its saved in Avi format ,but the sound is crap just a lot of wind noise

hotdog
09-03-09, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately Jack, that's normal for sound on bikes. To get decent sound you have to invest in decent purpose designed microphones as I found out today.

Do you know what encoding your avi files are? I suspect they will be mpeg layer 4. (note a file doesn't have to have an mpg or mpeg extension to be coded mpeg). If that's the case then there aren't many video editors that will work happily with mpeg. Your best bet is to convert the files (I use Movavi) to true uncompressed avi to edit and then convert back to divx with an avi or wmv extension for uploading to sharing sites.

I use Adobe Premiere to edit my videos although any video editor will work well with uncompressed avi.

Hope that helps, but if it's all gobbledegook let me know and we can get together sometime and I'll happily show you.

Regards,

jack930
09-03-09, 09:05 PM
yep will give it ago, cheers :)

Dabz
09-03-09, 10:06 PM
excellent vid Burger, really love the choice of music too. Damn good quality video too, thanks :D

Ryan
10-03-09, 12:00 AM
Nice one burger, quality video, was quite a few people there, anoyed i had to miss out, cant wait till aprils meet ;)

bubblylittleme
10-03-09, 12:13 AM
Great video....

did I just dream I was there in the wind and rain with you all as didnt spot me lol

hotdog
10-03-09, 12:18 AM
You were there :)

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to get good video in the rain as the front camera obviously has rain drops landing on it and the rear camera gets covered, literally, in muck from the rear tyre.

So with the rain and the fact everything plainly wasn't right with the setup, I gave up after the first 10 or so miles.

I'll be sure to have it all running properly for the next one I can make (which might not be 12th April) :(

Regards,

Last Train
10-03-09, 08:46 AM
Nice work Burger

:)

weefrenchie
10-03-09, 07:33 PM
Great video Burger, as always!

Thanks for filming again :)

fluffyduck
10-03-09, 08:59 PM
Nice to see the Duke making an appearance!!

Great vid

johnl
11-03-09, 10:39 PM
nice vid Burger
theres a lot with me in it - which makes it even better :D

BB
12-03-09, 09:01 AM
Good vid despite the problems you describe. Looks like it was a good day out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

steveo
23-03-09, 01:58 PM
just watched the vids mate, looks like fun, out on the rides, cant wait to get me bike back on the roads and come along some time this year,

Iceman
25-03-09, 08:19 PM
good video despite the rain/mist! Like the rear cam. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mojo
14-05-09, 06:19 PM
Great vid lots of shots of me