PDA

View Full Version : NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Remembrance Day Ride Out

Hunar
21-10-09, 10:06 AM
::UPDATE::

Firstly we need to make sure that we are at the memorial about 5 - 10 mins before 11am, I have tried to find information on services being held on Sunday, but I have not had a great deal of time, and couldn't find anything, although I do agree it's very likely the will be a pretty large on at Salisbury. Have found the one in Shaftesbury, so have agreed it's a better idea to ret there instead.

As you probably well know, my timing for arrivals isn't always that accurate, and from previous experience, if we leave the sally at 10am we meet up in warminster about 10:40 - 10:50, I still think that 10:20 - 10:30 pick up at Warminster should be fine though, but it won't be a stop, it will be a ride past and everyone joins in, cos if we stop it will 10 - 20 mins before we start again once we all said hi and had a smoke.

So the plan is (yeah I know, "Hunar has a plan, this can onyl go badly!"), we leave the sally dead on 9:45 (we won't wait so make sure you're there), ride to warminster, DON'T STOP and the people there merge in with the ride, carry on to the war memorial, where we be placing the wreath and a having a minutes silence (or is it two minutes? I have heard people mentioning both), after that Jaydee mentioned a cafe close by we can visit for some hot food and drinks, then I thought a brisk round trip back to the sally via salisbury and devizes.

will add this to the main post!

Ducatista
21-10-09, 11:23 AM
I can't come on 15th so would prefer to stick with 8th.

Some people might not want to do zig zag hill so we could split and go two ways so that folks are not put off.

If we are having lunch then we need to ring the airfield and book in when we know the date.

HensonA
21-10-09, 11:27 AM
I'm looking OK for Suns 8th or 15th whichever turns out to be the date.

Went up Zig Zag Hill last Sunday for 1st time on WABAM Weymouth ride out...took one corner a little fast!! ... so going down ZZ Hill on the Nov09 ride-out should be interesting !!.

Adrian

Hunar
21-10-09, 11:39 AM

Went up Zig Zag Hill last Sunday for 1st time on WABAM Weymouth ride out...took one corner a little fast!! ... so going down ZZ Hill on the Nov09 ride-out should be interesting !!.

Adrian

I have actually never been to zig zag hill, so I don't know which direction it runs going up or down. If coming in from the salisbury side means we go up hill, then we may well go that way and a shorter run home afterwards, personally I would prefer to do the run uphill.

Opinions always welcome

Geordie Stu
21-10-09, 11:54 AM
Out of Shaftsbury heading on the B3081 via Cann Common turn left just after the car garage then up Zig Zag. Then towards Ashmore on to Fontmell Magna back towards Compton Abbas.

Or in reverse head straight toward Compton Abbas on the A350 then on to Fontmell Abbas, Ashmore then down Zig Zag Hill.

Either way Zig Zag makes an interesting ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
21-10-09, 12:22 PM
Zig Zag hill is fun

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVRbEEARcDA&feature=related

An believe me, those bends are sharper than they look.

Is great fun though. :D

ZZR600Dude
21-10-09, 12:26 PM
I can't come on 15th so would prefer to stick with 8th.

Some people might not want to do zig zag hill so we could split and go two ways so that folks are not put off.

If we are having lunch then we need to ring the airfield and book in when we know the date.
I would be up for the ride out but zig zag hill does put me off a bit, if theres an alternative route then that would be great.
:-[

lurkalot
21-10-09, 01:56 PM

Adrian

I have actually never been to zig zag hill, so I don't know which direction it runs going up or down. If coming in from the salisbury side means we go up hill, then we may well go that way and a shorter run home afterwards, personally I would prefer to do the run uphill.

Opinions always welcome

Like Adrian, I went up it for the first time on the WaBAM rideout and it was good fun! As long as you take it steady its fine - I've never leaned the bike over so far in first gear ;D Uphill is definately the easier option I would think which means on the way to the airfield.

It is very close to Compton Abbas airfield (between there and Shaftesbury) so to be honest it doesn't matter which way you head there. As mentioned before, you can choose to stay on the B3081 (by turning left off of it before you get to Melbury Abbas!) to go up ZZH and approach the airfield from one end of the runway or carry straight on and approach the airfield from the other end.

Kneedragger
21-10-09, 03:23 PM
My last KTM supermoto was ace for zig zag hill but its too tight to have much fun on with bigger bikes and the surface is a bit arse too. The roads leading to it over the top of the hill / valley are fantastic and recently resurfaced so its worth a day out.

Make sure you book with compton abbas too I turned up with about 10 mates and they got very angry that we wanted breakfast... I mean how dare we! :D

What meeting places are you planning, if any along the way? I am free both days and im probably best to meet you at the airfield for a coffee as I dont live out your way yet.

Ducatista
21-10-09, 03:27 PM
BTW - 15th is the WABAM rideout day (3rd Sunday of the month).
There is a resaonable cross over of members these days, so I don't think this is a particularly good day to pick as an alternative because it will be stopping some people going on both rides and depleting one or the other rides.

Last Train
21-10-09, 05:54 PM
I'm in :)

i might even have managed to get myself some WP gloves by then too ::)
just in case ;)

6T
21-10-09, 06:03 PM
i will hopefully make this one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
21-10-09, 06:04 PM
Compton Abbas sounds good and either day suits.

StreetHippo
21-10-09, 06:12 PM
I learned to fly there when I was 17, before I had my driving license :o
Would like to go back.
Stu 8-)

Roxy
21-10-09, 06:43 PM
can do the 15th but not the 8th.. have done zig zag uphill ;) so happy to do it again.

The airfield is nice, I can;t imagine it getting that busy in Novemember but prob worth letting them know we are pitching up to save any tutts from them!

roxy :)

Bonnielass
21-10-09, 07:10 PM
I can manage either day and now I'm more familiar with my bike might even attempt Zig Zag!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
21-10-09, 09:58 PM
I shall be there whatever the date, if its the 8th might still be haning from my pissup croooze to sunny spain as i get back sat night hehe ;D zigzag hill then salisbury sounds like a good plan, can go straight to andover from salisbury then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
21-10-09, 10:17 PM
, I can;t imagine it getting that busy in Novemember

We went on Sunday on our ride down to Weymouth beach races and it was packed with bikers.

Karl
22-10-09, 05:40 AM
Both dates should be ok, with me!

Gerry
22-10-09, 09:29 AM
Both dates fine with me too :)

G

Caz
22-10-09, 06:40 PM
Can do either dates but don't really want to do zig zag if I don't have to. :-/

Ryan
22-10-09, 09:04 PM
could do with knowing the dates / routes asap hunar [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
23-10-09, 12:02 PM
Can do either dates but don't really want to do zig zag if I don't have to. :-/

Nobody will force you if you don't want too. A few others may bow out also. Its not a bad hill just take it easy if its your 1st time up or down. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dutch
23-10-09, 01:11 PM
Wow, and that road is in this country! whats the surface like and whereabout is it?
Has anyone decided on the date this is happening and where are people going to meet?

Zig Zag hill is fun

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVRbEEARcDA&feature=related

An believe me, those bends are sharper than they look.

Is great fun though. :D

Dabz
23-10-09, 04:10 PM
zig zag is great fun, great practice and would recommend it to anyone who hasnt tackled it before!

KP
23-10-09, 05:36 PM
i can do the 8th not the 15th, so if thats the day will be there :)

Ducatista
23-10-09, 06:44 PM
By my calculations it's now even stevens.
Two people can't make the 8th and that's remembrance Sunday.
Two people can't make the 15th and that's the WABAM rideout.

Toss a coin?

Karl
23-10-09, 09:31 PM
Do both! weather is against us now. 8th is ok and if not try 15th. I am sure we can fun on both dates. :)

Roll_on
24-10-09, 09:18 AM
Some good vids of zig zag on you tube including a bike.

Hunar
24-10-09, 11:15 AM
Looks like the ride will be on the 8th so as not to clash with the WaBam ride out, this does mean that we now clash with remembrance day, but I did have an idea on that.

I will try and pick up a wreath and we stop somewhere en route to place the wreath and take a short break so those who wish to pay their respects can do so, I know I would like to. I will also collect any donations people wish to make and then donate them to the help for heroes charity.

thoughts?

Roll_on
24-10-09, 11:50 AM
Great idea Hunar be happy to donate and contribute to cost of a wreath. Was not Compton Abbas a fighter airfield during the 2nd Worldwar there maybe a war memorial in Compton Abbas itself.

HensonA
24-10-09, 12:37 PM
I would like to make a donation and also to have a stop somewhere around 11am.

Ducatista
24-10-09, 01:07 PM
Fantastic idea.
Hunar - I'll pm you regarding making the best use of gift aid.

ro
24-10-09, 01:33 PM
Zig Zag hill looks like great fun! Another video, this one on motorbikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt5eP-IQ0Y).

I'll take a GPS to improve the map (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.98844&lon=-2.15458&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF); two of the bends are very much tighter and there's an extra gentle curve in the middle not shown there.

Mar1k
24-10-09, 02:09 PM
did zig zag hill both ways yesterday in the wet with leaves all over the road, it was all good you just need to take your time thats all.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

remember i ant a race ::)

Amante_271
24-10-09, 03:02 PM
Looks like Ive got to work now on the 8th so I wont be able to do this run! (Grrr!)

Ryan
24-10-09, 03:49 PM
Looks like Ive got to work now on the 8th so I wont be able to do this run! (Grrr!)

::)

Amante_271
25-10-09, 05:05 AM
Im sorry, I REALLY wanted to do this one! but one of my "team members" who lives in Bristol doesnt like fundraising in Bristol and Ive booked a small venue called Cribbs Causeway! He wont be a "team member for long now as hes as popular as a f*rt in a lift!!

Roll_on
25-10-09, 05:26 PM
Well so far the 8th is good for me, the weather might be interesting but that should add to the fun.

Last Train
25-10-09, 09:29 PM
Zig Zag hill looks like great fun! Another video, this one on motorbikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijt5eP-IQ0Y).

i like the vid

8-)

Ryan
26-10-09, 12:31 AM
the best part about zigzag hill is the roads before and after looooooovley :]

Last Train
26-10-09, 09:25 AM
the best part about zigzag hill is the roads before and after looooooovley :]

Yeah That

follow the B3081 down to Ringwood, its a beauty

8-)

Roxy
26-10-09, 11:30 AM
I may be able to do the 8th now...did some baby sitting at the weekend so have a trade card in my hand! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
26-10-09, 12:10 PM
Too late to order a wreath from the royal british legion, any orders made now cannot be guaranteed delivered before remembrance sunday. Their factory is in kent I think, so it might be possible to pick it up, or might be able to organise an express delivery, not sure about the costs there. It may be that I can get a wreath from a local florist, will look into that. Will also enquire about express delivery costs.

Gerry
26-10-09, 01:31 PM
If I can help, I have an Interlink account and would be happy to arrange for them to collect one and get it back to Westbury.

Think most towns have a small service & wreath laying at 11.00, Warminster do if that helps.

IMO it would be better to get an "official" one if possible, rather than from a local florist, as then at least some of the profit goes to the cause.

Cheers
G

Kevinb
26-10-09, 01:59 PM
I personally think stopping for a minutes silence shows respect for those who have lost their lives or have been injured in wars/conflicts. The money from the cost of a wreath could then all go to 'Help for heroes' along with donations.

Gerry
26-10-09, 03:07 PM
UPDATE...

I've got one being delivered by the local branch of the Royal British Legion tomorrow morning.
I sent an email which has been passed on a couple of times and found a lady who lives round the corner, who is coordinating wreaths & poppy collecting tins.

Every year I mean to get one to put in the window of our reception, they are £18.00 - £20.00 (she's not sure).

Option 1, I can get two if you wish, one for the club.
Option 2, The club is welcome to use mine on the 8th and any donations could go to the RBL.
She did ask if we would like to lay it at the ceramony, but I said I wasn't sure yet.

Over to you...

G
PS... Not meaning to take this over Hunar, you're in charge mate ;)

Roll_on
26-10-09, 07:15 PM
Thats a nice idea Gerry and one I am happy to support, like you I will leave the final decision to Hunar.

Hunar
27-10-09, 01:24 PM
UPDATE...

I've got one being delivered by the local branch of the Royal British Legion tomorrow morning.
I sent an email which has been passed on a couple of times and found a lady who lives round the corner, who is coordinating wreaths & poppy collecting tins.

Every year I mean to get one to put in the window of our reception, they are £18.00 - £20.00 (she's not sure).

Option 1, I can get two if you wish, one for the club.
Option 2, The club is welcome to use mine on the 8th and any donations could go to the RBL.
She did ask if we would like to lay it at the ceramony, but I said I wasn't sure yet.

Over to you...

G
PS... Not meaning to take this over Hunar, you're in charge mate ;)

No worries Gerry, I think option 1 is better as we get our own wreath and the money goes to RBL rather than to a florist. Let me know how much it costs as I will need to get the money to you.

Lisa, got your PM sounds like a great idea, will go with that as long as you are happy to do it.

I think Salisbury war memorial is a good place, plenty of space to park close to the memorial itself, so we will lay our wreath there.

We can make this run an annual event, so need a good name for it, I thought something like

1st Annual Heroes Run?

Ideas welcome as always.

Kevinb
27-10-09, 02:38 PM
Hunar

You will need to check parking close to the war memorial as they may close the roads close to it if they have any march in's and in general parking will used.

Kev

Gerry
27-10-09, 02:44 PM
I'll order another this afternoon, they are £16.00.

Salisbury sounds good - but I suspect there will be quite a big ceramony there, so I also suspect they we may not be able just to ride there, place it and go, we ought to find out.

Cheers
G

Roll_on
27-10-09, 06:59 PM
As we are going to Compton Abbas surely there must be a war memorial there.

Roll_on
27-10-09, 07:06 PM
There is a war memorial at Shaftesbury just to the north and another at Fontmell Magna just south of Compton Abbas. either could be easier to access than Salisbury.

Hunar
29-10-09, 05:04 PM
unable to find much info on the service in salisbury, with moving house I not really had much time to look. Perhaps one of the two memorials loud pipes mentioned would be better just in case?

SupeRDel
31-10-09, 09:15 AM
Just my opinion...... This run seems to have got a bit mixed up with the remembrance day events.

I cannot see the point in a wreath, that money is needed to help our troops today plus the club has no real military connection - if you wanna show real respect then timetable the run so you stop near a memorial (well before 11) and stand together in silence for 2 minutes.

Remembrance is a lot about the old soldiers as well as the fallen. The old guys there will be well impressed that a bunch of bikers took the time to show respect.

Won't be any good going to Abbos after the remembrance as I presume a lot of old soldier types will go there.

SupeRDel
31-10-09, 09:39 AM
I have used Zig-zag hill a few time for bike riding shots. Some bends are virtual walking pace.

First timers definately ought to ride up it first.

I will not stand on a corner and take pix till the subjects have ridden up and down the hill once - just so they know wot its like.

Basically the hill is quite short and its just the two hairpins at the start and top that are tricky......

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/phpYhT45tAM.jpg

Roll_on
31-10-09, 05:21 PM
Really good airial view, interesting bit of road.

SupeRDel
31-10-09, 05:29 PM
Really good airial view, interesting bit of road.

Google maps and select sattalite option

Roll_on
01-11-09, 12:22 PM
Hunar have you decided on a start time and place, presume the Sally as usual with another pick up point en-route. Be happy to act as back marker for this one.

Gerry
02-11-09, 11:46 AM
Just my opinion...... This run seems to have got a bit mixed up with the remembrance day events.

I cannot see the point in a wreath, that money is needed to help our troops today plus the club has no real military connection - if you wanna show real respect then timetable the run so you stop near a memorial (well before 11) and stand together in silence for 2 minutes.

Remembrance is a lot about the old soldiers as well as the fallen. The old guys there will be well impressed that a bunch of bikers took the time to show respect.
Won't be any good going to Abbos after the remembrance as I presume a lot of old soldier types will go there.

Think you may be right...
I've got a wreath, but can easily pass it on to another company I know if it's not needed by the club.
I'll go with the flow...

Cheers
G

Ed_Parkins
03-11-09, 06:49 PM
Hi all,

I know I've only been on the Forum for a short while, but is there any info regarding timings for Sunday? I have a Rememberance Service to go to, which will last until approx 1130 and so should be able to get on the road by 1200. Hopefully you will all still be at Compton Abbas then so I can join you for something to eat/drink?

Ed

Mas1
03-11-09, 06:51 PM
I will try and make this one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
04-11-09, 03:49 AM
still working on the detail, but I would say probably a 9:30 - 10 am start.
getting a few worried messages about the bends on zig zag hill, and it putting people off coming a bit. After some thought I think it's quite probably better to leave zig zag hill for a later run with more chance of better weather. Having been out on my bike a fair bit, the leaves on the roads have caused me to slip a few times, and zig zag hill is lined with tree's, so it's fair to assume the roads will be covered in leaves, with the couple of slips recently I am not 100% sure how confident would be, let alone anyone else.

I will work out another route which will take us past a smaller memorial en route at about 10:50am (you know how accurate my timing is)

Oh and another piece of bad-ish news, the airfield is expecting large numbers this weekend, and cannot guarantee there will be room, so I will need to work out another stopping point, and suggestions will be welcome, but basically anywhere with a nice cafe or quiet pub would be good.

Gerry did you order us another wreath? if noty no worries I have a source for one, but if you have got one for us i won;t bother getting it.

Roll_on
04-11-09, 09:49 AM
Hi Hunar sounds a good plan to me I will be at the Sally for 9.30am still happy to act as back marker for this ride weather looks a bit off but it should be fun rain or shine.

Gerry
04-11-09, 01:56 PM
Got one if you still want it.

Cheers
Gerry

Karl
04-11-09, 07:08 PM
9.30am at the Sally it is then, I will be leaving around 8.45am from the Rodbourne B&Q roundabout, if anyone wants to meet up there first from Swindon.

Bonnielass
04-11-09, 07:43 PM
Any chance of a pick up at Warminster or there abouts?

Caz
04-11-09, 08:35 PM
I hope to still come weather depending.

Ed_Parkins
04-11-09, 10:36 PM
Karlos,

Not on the way out, but assuming I am able to meet up with you all en route, I'll join you on the way back.

Ed

Geordie Stu
05-11-09, 02:08 PM
Any chance of a pick up at Warminster or there abouts?

Bonnielass
Wanna meet at Tesco's petrol Station then ride over to Warminster Services?

Hunar. You planning a pick up at Warminster Services?

Ducatista
05-11-09, 03:18 PM
Don't forget we are stopping off at a memorial this time.
It might make sense for you guys to join the ride there.

Bonnielass
05-11-09, 03:53 PM
Stu, I can certainly meet you at Tesco's, I have a job to do before but hope to get to any meeting place by about 10.15, silly me forgot I was going on a rideout and agreed to work ::)

Hunar
05-11-09, 04:52 PM
as the airfield is pretty much a no go I am working on a new route. Not sure about a pick up at warminster, if we leave at 10am we will get to warminster about 11 (thats normally the time) adn we need to be at the memorial for that time. I will need to work a route out and see what happens will try and work on that tonight

jack930
05-11-09, 07:28 PM
might be up for this if weather holds off

dedward
05-11-09, 09:18 PM
Should be able to go on this one. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
06-11-09, 02:01 PM
Hunar,
there is a greasy spoon cafe in Shaftsbury, that does some very good food (fry ups, burgers etc, its dry and warm and will have room for us all) we stop there when we go offroading and theyre biker friendly.....
will chat to you before the set off if you like, if were still going this way???.....ta matey.

jack930
06-11-09, 09:44 PM
jaydee ,u going to the warminster serv or over to the sally for this ?

Roll_on
06-11-09, 11:00 PM
Hunar have you any idea where we are going yet if not to compton abbas

Hunar
07-11-09, 03:44 AM
OK it's a bit late I know, but with moving house and not having the net at the new place yet it's not been as easy as I would have liked!

Firstly we need to make sure that we are at the memorial about 5 - 10 mins before 11am, I have tried to find information on services being held on Sunday, but I have not had a great deal of time, and couldn't find anything, although I do agree it's very likely the will be a pretty large on at Salisbury. Have found the one in Shaftesbury, so have agreed it's a better idea to ret there instead.

As you probably well know, my timing for arrivals isn't always that accurate, and from previous experience, if we leave the sally at 10am we meet up in warminster about 10:40 - 10:50, I still think that 10:20 - 10:30 pick up at Warminster should be fine though, but it won't be a stop, it will be a ride past and everyone joins in, cos if we stop it will 10 - 20 mins before we start again once we all said hi and had a smoke.

So the plan is (yeah I know, "Hunar has a plan, this can onyl go badly!"), we leave the sally dead on 9:45 (we won't wait so make sure you're there), ride to warminster, DON'T STOP and the people there merge in with the ride, carry on to the war memorial, where we be placing the wreath and a having a minutes silence (or is it two minutes? I have heard people mentioning both), after that Jaydee mentioned a cafe close by we can visit for some hot food and drinks, then I thought a brisk round trip back to the sally via salisbury and devizes.

will add this to the main post!

KP
07-11-09, 10:05 AM
sounds good to me, if the weather is ok i will be along, will be at warminster for the merging lol, will meet stu and rosie where ever they decide,will look again later, or if rosie can drop me a text, that will be good :) :) :)

Roll_on
07-11-09, 10:20 AM
Hi Hunar that all sounds good to me, still willing to do job of back marker see you in the morning at the Sally.

SupeRDel
07-11-09, 11:18 AM
Which roads will you be following as I have to go to westbury from the chippenham direction tomorrow.

So I may camera a bend somewhere.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

No good rolling up at the war memorial 5 minutes before - all the old soldiers do a bit of marching up and down first.

I've been to a few on the bike.

Caz
07-11-09, 02:37 PM
Is the pick up in Warminster at Granada services hope to make it.

Gerry
07-11-09, 05:08 PM
Warminster for me to unless it's really cr@p weather, in which case I'll meet you there in the car (sorry) with the wreath.

Cheers
"Chicken" G

Geordie Stu
07-11-09, 05:30 PM
sounds good to me, if the weather is ok i will be along, will be at warminster for the merging lol, will meet stu and rosie where ever they decide,will look again later, or if rosie can drop me a text, that will be good :) :) :)

Wanna meet at tesco petrol station 9:30 then ride up to warminster (weather permitting) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
07-11-09, 05:59 PM
ok I hope to be there weather permitting.. ;D

KP
07-11-09, 07:36 PM

Wanna meet at tesco petrol station 9:30 then ride up to warminster (weather permitting) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

yeah will be there stu, weather permitting :) :)

Caz
07-11-09, 08:03 PM
Is the pick up in Warminster at Granada services and what time is everyone meeting there? ::) ::)

Last Train
07-11-09, 09:00 PM
Is the pick up in Warminster at Granada services and what time is everyone meeting there? ::) ::)

Yep, planning on getting there for 10ish.
tho this does carry a huge weather permitting caveat

Bonnielass
07-11-09, 09:49 PM
Stu and Co!! I have to work in the morning so think I will be unable to meet at Tesco, best if I see you at Warminster for 10.20.

ro
07-11-09, 09:56 PM
I will be leaving around 8.45am from the Rodbourne B&Q roundabout, if anyone wants to meet up there first from Swindon.
I'll meet you at B&Q.

Hunar
07-11-09, 10:48 PM
I will be leaving around 8.45am from the Rodbourne B&Q roundabout, if anyone wants to meet up there first from Swindon.
I'll meet you at B&Q.

see you there!

Caz
07-11-09, 11:51 PM
I will be at Warminster services too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dedward
07-11-09, 11:55 PM
I meet at b&q too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

darrenatthesally
08-11-09, 12:13 AM
hope you all have a gppd day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Iceman
08-11-09, 01:45 AM
Can't make this ride! You all have good day and safe ride! :)

Ryan
08-11-09, 03:21 AM
Just got in from my spain booze crooze but will hopfully be coming along [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
08-11-09, 08:55 AM
Hmmmm........ :-/

Ryan
08-11-09, 09:14 AM
was thinking the same :/

Roll_on
08-11-09, 09:18 AM
Well its not raining here at the Sally and it looks like it should stay mostly dry but it is a bit chilly so the cold air should wake you up quick Rinsky

Gerry
08-11-09, 09:23 AM
Hmmmm........ :-/

Bout sums it up really...

Depends on which forcast you look at, could be cloudy/dry with rain or just rain :(

But dry in Warminster at the mo :)

Roxy
08-11-09, 09:55 AM
Hmmmmmmm...I think not :(

see you all soon. Have a good day and watch the leaves.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
08-11-09, 10:25 AM
OK.... I'm in ....... Brrrrr

:)

StreetHippo
08-11-09, 11:55 AM
It's persisting down in Bassett. Enjoy y'all :o

Stu

6T
08-11-09, 01:44 PM
didnt get to make it again :'(hope you all had a good day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
08-11-09, 04:29 PM
Thanks Hunar for organising our first Remembrance rideout, and thanks Loudpipes for back marking. Sorry I bunked off for the last half of ride but I was bloody cold!! Hope you all enjoyed the rest of the ride. Thanks everyone for your excellent company and see you all soon. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
08-11-09, 04:37 PM
Good ride out apart from the near miss for some of you (stupid car driver) shame about the weather. Thanks Hunar for organising it good cause, sorry to loud pipes for confusion at garage hope he found the main group again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
08-11-09, 05:24 PM
Big thanks all :)

Quite an enjoyable day that, the weather was a tad grim but not as bad as expected.

Lush breakfast and brew.
Apologies for the fuel stop, not long after what should have been a fuel stop ::)
And then the Bolt lying down on the job :-[ , which ro (phew) and nearly everyone else missed ;D

Minor repairs only thankfully and underway

Cheers to Hunar and 'Pipes for their work today

8-)

Karl
08-11-09, 05:25 PM
Thanks too everyone for another brill day! :)
£80 was raised for a good cause, well done!
See you all again soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
08-11-09, 05:37 PM
Great little ride-out, sorry to chicken out and head home after our breaky, glad I did though, as it's after 4.00 PM and I still havent thawed out yet, despite three cups of hot coffee.

Flying car was just being recovered when we went by on the way home. Lucky guy that, bet he'll ache tomorow.

Good turn out for such a crap day, 17/18 bikes ?

Well done on the collection folks, think I was diddled on the wreath, we will have a wiltshirebikers card next year (I didn't give it a thought until I saw the others).

I'll buy some thermals before the December one :)

Cheers
G

dedward
08-11-09, 05:57 PM
Thanks to Hunar for organising the ride. Very good. And good bit of money for charity. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
08-11-09, 06:32 PM
No probs Caz I was soon back as back marker. Great ride despite the flying car and damp conditions. Thanks for a good lead Hunar.
Roll on the Dec ride-out.

jack930
08-11-09, 06:42 PM
Been a while since ive been on a ride out,due to bike prob's :-?
thank's to all that turnd up was a good day,
sorry i caused some of you to arive late,but had to stop and see if the driver in the flying car was ok, was expecting the worst when i ran up to it ,,but all was good ..

just thawed out lol .. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
08-11-09, 06:47 PM
Hmmm... numerous references to a flying car :-?... sounds like somebody got it a bit wrong - anyone get a photo? :o
Big ups to all you guys for riding out today [smiley=thumbsup.gif], weather was a bit pants so I sat in front of the MotoGP instead - sunny, but not ever so warm in Valencia today....

KP
08-11-09, 07:55 PM
yeah will second all the above comments, a great day, and for a good cause, will deffo make this event every year, thanks all.

kev

Geordie Stu
08-11-09, 08:04 PM
Great day despite the weather along with flying cars & Red Audi on Roundabouts Grrr [smiley=angry.gif]

Well done Hunar & pipes. ]]

ro
08-11-09, 08:49 PM
I had a great day out; really got some exercise! Thanks to Hunar for leading at a good pace (http://ro.nu/map/gpx.cgi?nmea-2009-11-08-simple.gpx) and to LoudPipes for back-marking.

Here we are after laying the wreath:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6143/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6143/thumb.jpg) http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6147/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6147/thumb.jpg)

And well done jaydee for suggesting the excellent cafe in Shaftesbury (what was it called?):
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6153/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6153/photo.html) http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6158/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers+remembrance+day/s5-6158/photo.html)

HensonA
08-11-09, 09:37 PM
Enjoyed the day and a good idea to have an annual WB Rememberance Day ride.

Thanks Hunar for organising and leading the ride and Loudpipes for back-marking ... and following four of us who went striaght on at the Bridge centre lights in Chippenham... and got back to the Sally first !!!

Adrian.

Hunar
08-11-09, 11:11 PM
Thanks to all that braved the cold weather for our first Remembrance Day Ride Out, I didn't get a bike count, but there was more than I had expected. A huge thanks to Loud Pipes for back marking, and to everyone for their donations. As has already been mentioned we raised just shy of £80, but Darren from The Salutation Inn bumped that up to the full £80!

Thanks for a great day guys and girls, will get this money to lisa ASAP so we can get this donation in!

Roll_on
09-11-09, 12:10 AM
11 of us left the Sally and after Warminster the total was 18 or 19 as far as I could count from the back. A good number for our first Remembrance ride-out considering the weather. Pics were taken so hopefully we will some posted soon.

ro
09-11-09, 12:45 AM
We weren't all parked together, so I didn't get a photo of all the bikes - next time, we should park right next to the memorial (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.00463,-2.199379&spn=0.000535,0.001725&t=h&z=19)!
As it was, we were a bit squashed in:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6162/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6162/photo.html) http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6164/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6164/photo.html)

Back at the Sally:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6172/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6172/photo.html) http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6174/thumb.jpg (http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/wiltshire+bikers/s5-6174/photo.html)

Ryan
09-11-09, 02:52 AM
Good day out despite the weather and freeeeeeeeeeezeingness, thanks to hunar for the leading/organising top man ;) and some fabulous back marking from loudpipes [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great pics ro as always ;)

Cya you all on the next one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
09-11-09, 10:51 AM
what an excelnt turnout for a november ride-out, and a brilliant sum of money raised for a good cause!

Roll_on
09-11-09, 11:00 AM
Great Pics Ro didn't Caz or Bonnielass also take some at the war memorial.

jonnydangerous
09-11-09, 11:02 AM
bestest breakfast ever!!!...well done to the person who found that cafe.... ;-)

Last Train
09-11-09, 11:27 AM
Yeah That [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
09-11-09, 01:10 PM
Hmmm... numerous references to a flying car :-?... sounds like somebody got it a bit wrong - anyone get a photo? :o
Big ups to all you guys for riding out today [smiley=thumbsup.gif], weather was a bit pants so I sat in front of the MotoGP instead - sunny, but not ever so warm in Valencia today....
It was definately airbourne when I passed it on the corner, like something from an action movie.
Thanks to all who organised the day, really enjoyed it.
:o :-? :-[

Kevinb
09-11-09, 02:40 PM
Glad you all enjoyed it. I spent the afternoon with my grandson in Fowlers.
Had to go in the 4x4 and had the heating on. I did open the window to get a feel of the cold you all experiened. ;D

Bikermouse
09-11-09, 02:57 PM
Well done to all who participated. I salute you one and all as it was bleedin' freezing. Don't think my feet thawed out all day and I only ventured as far as the corner shop.

Sorry to have missed it but the Harper household are currently bikeless, in one way or another :(

kj

BB
09-11-09, 07:21 PM
Good to hear you all had a succesful day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Geordie Stu
09-11-09, 09:42 PM
I thing Hunar did say that WB will be making this an annual event.

WB Rememberance Rideout. maybe a different venue for next year

Roxy
09-11-09, 10:19 PM
looks like you all had a good day, I hate getting cold so I am glad I gave it a miss, most of you have said it was either cold or freezing and took hours to thaw out!! crazy people!! sorry I missed seeing you all but I think maybe the bike is now in the shed for the winter unless we get a sunny warm day....

I know I know...fair weather rider!!! ;D

roxy

Roll_on
10-11-09, 12:36 AM
Just one thing, this ride-out had intended to go to Compton Abbas and a visit to the airfield which was changed at the last minute due to Hunar finding out the airfield was going to be packed. So we need a re-run on a quieter Sunday and hopefully when all the leaves have gone so zig zag hill can be included.

crewy
10-11-09, 01:06 AM
Glad you all had fun on this ride. I agree with loudpipes about doing zig zag hill, im yet to go up or down it, and by looking at the pictures of it, it seem it could be quite good fun to do

Ryan
10-11-09, 01:39 AM
fish hill is better then zigzag hill ;)

Jon_W
10-11-09, 09:06 AM
Am well up for a run up zigzag....

Last Train
10-11-09, 09:38 AM
the bike is now in the shed for the winter

:( :(

Just one thing, this ride-out had intended to go to Compton Abbas and a visit to the airfield which was changed at the last minute due to Hunar finding out the airfield was going to be packed. So we need a re-run on a quieter Sunday and hopefully when all the leaves have gone so zig zag hill can be included.

Yeah man [smiley=thumbsup.gif] i'm good for that

Roll_on
10-11-09, 09:46 AM
Did everyone on the ride back to Salisbury see the regimental badges on the hill as we came into Fovant just before Wilton. Would have been nice to stop there if the weather had been better.

Uber Dave
10-11-09, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you had a good day, unlucky for the flying car though it seems.......

Although the weather wasn't that good Sunday looks like you timed it just right, Yesterday and Today are not that good at all!

HensonA
10-11-09, 01:49 PM
Yeah....I caught a glimse of the large regimental badges on the hill as LoudPipes has mentioned above....they looked an impressive piece of work.

ro
12-11-09, 12:28 PM
Did everyone on the ride back to Salisbury see the regimental badges on the hill as we came into Fovant just before Wilton. Would have been nice to stop there if the weather had been better.
http://www.fovantbadges.com/images/newhm1.jpg (http://www.fovantbadges.com/)http://www.fovantbadges.com/images/newhm2.jpg (http://www.fovantbadges.com/)

Gerry
12-11-09, 12:48 PM
Do I remember that there's a YMCA or similar one there as well :o

Gurston Down hill climb is not far over the hill from the badges, they run bikes there sometimes and it's a nice relaxed (cheap) day out.

May be worth a run in the sun there next year as a club ?

Just a tought...
G

Gerry
12-11-09, 12:52 PM
Yep... Googled it, YMCA is there as well (second left, can't see it in the pic).

Bet they really hate "Village People" ;D

Roll_on
12-11-09, 01:11 PM
but only those dressed as cowboys and indians

Roxy
13-11-09, 11:22 PM
[quote author=roxychick link=1256115998/120#131 date=1257801551] the bike is now in the shed for the winter

I could be persuaded otherwise ;) but there is a price [smiley=happy.gif]

Ducatista
14-11-09, 08:43 AM
[quote author=roxychick link=1256115998/120#131 date=1257801551] the bike is now in the shed for the winter

Does it involve tea by any chance? :)

Roll_on
14-11-09, 10:15 AM
Almost certainly tea in huge quantities and with the bandit in the shed maybe a ride as well.

Last Train
14-11-09, 07:36 PM

8-)

I don't mind having to urn it

Roll_on
15-11-09, 01:06 AM
Careful what you wish for.

Gerry
15-11-09, 11:30 AM

8-)

I don't mind having to urn it

very good... ::)

G

Geordie Stu
16-11-09, 10:23 AM
I sense something Brewing ;D

Roxy
16-11-09, 11:06 AM
I sense something Brewing ;D

'Urn it' 'Brewing' ... very good lads!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy (the tea addict!)

Geordie Stu
16-11-09, 02:24 PM
All you need now is Johnny Vagas & knitted monkey ;D :D

Roxy
16-11-09, 08:43 PM
pj tips everytime chick! ;D

Geordie Stu
16-11-09, 09:08 PM
Not heard of PJ Tips but have seen PG Tips ;D ;D ;D

crewy
16-11-09, 09:14 PM
Maybe you should read between the lines about the pj tips! ;)

Geordie Stu
16-11-09, 09:21 PM

Must be missing something flew straight over my head

Roxy
16-11-09, 10:52 PM
HA HA I mean PG TIPS!!!!! DOH!

Hunar
17-11-09, 01:29 AM
OK got the final total after all donations where added up, and we raised £137.50, not bad for under 20 people!

Geordie Stu
17-11-09, 09:00 AM
Great News, Give ourselves a pat on the back for the collection & braving the elements [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
17-11-09, 10:23 AM
8-)

Roll_on
17-11-09, 10:49 AM
OK got the final total after all donations where added up, and we raised £137.50, not bad for under 20 people!

That really makes the ride worth while lets hope next year more come and we do even better.

Roxy
17-11-09, 10:55 AM
Thats a fab amount...WELL DONE TO ALL OF YOU.

roxy 8-)

crewy
17-11-09, 11:03 AM
Yes well done to all that went [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
17-11-09, 01:24 PM

Must be missing something flew straight over my head

Oh like that car on that bend you mean

KP
17-11-09, 08:16 PM
cool, made getting cold and wet well worth it ;D ;D ;D

Dabz
23-11-09, 11:57 PM
moved this one to the events review section so it doesn't get lost now it's unstuck :)