PDA

View Full Version : OMCC Airfield Riding Day

Squashed_Fly
10-07-11, 07:01 AM
R6_Don & I were volunteer marshalls yesterday, at the OMCC clubs ARD at RAF Odiham. Had a great day.

Scotty, Star, Talan (& his crew) & SlowR1der were all there as well and looks like everyone had fun, even despite the half hour downpour in the afternoon!

I took lots of photos from my marshall point, with my (not quite so good) camera!

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/aidanmoore/Pix%20from%20point%206/

If anyone's free on September 4th, I know they will be looking for more marshalls. You get free food & drink all day, including a hot lunch, and you also get £20. Plus you get to watch all the bikes. Not a bad day out at all!

470four
10-07-11, 07:39 AM
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1C1CHIA_en-GBGB393GB393&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=RAF+Odiham&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=RAF+Odiham&hnear=RAF+ Odiham&ei=tEgZTtyEN4aDhQeWl93MBQ&sa=X&oi=local_res ult&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&cid=0,0,1595541167377939 7576

- in the middle of the Laandan / Southampton / Swindon triangle? Plus you get to see people fall off in closeup. :D

R6_Don
10-07-11, 03:45 PM
Would have to agree it was a good day, even if I was gutted as my bike was at home and not on the track :( I will be at the next one but will be riding hopefully. It was great to watch other riders and see all the different styles of peoples riding and cornering, the main thing I learnt was the correct foot positioning for your foot when leaning off the bike whilst cornering. We seen one guy and every time he went round his entire bottom half of his leg was touching the floor, he must get through some boots and leathers.

slowr1der
11-07-11, 02:23 PM
Green bike and green and black leathers by any chance....... that will be James Hillier BSB rider who is competing in the Evo championships but races in the main BSB races........makes the fast boys in the fast group look slow.....

Squashed_Fly
11-07-11, 07:15 PM
No, this guy was in red & black. But we both saw Hillier and commented on how awesome he was!

Splash
25-08-11, 01:40 PM
If they still need people I'm free on Sept the 4th... I know this is an old post but sounds like a good day! :)

Honda_Star
25-08-11, 01:57 PM
If they still need people I'm free on Sept the 4th... I know this is an old post but sounds like a good day! :)

If you are able to help out with the Bike Experience that day that would be a great help as we still need volunteers. Talan will be at the ARD and needs volunteeers - if you have no idea what I am talking about, let me know and I will find my original thread about the charity!! :) :)

Splash
25-08-11, 02:33 PM
Hey Star....

Yes I'm more than willing to help out! Any minimum requirments of me to help or anything?

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about :-/ Only joined the forum two/three days ago :) :)

Honda_Star
25-08-11, 03:17 PM
www.thebikeexperience.co.uk

No experience needed! PM me and I will give you all the details. :)

Thanks!

Splash
25-08-11, 03:21 PM
PM'd You! :)