PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe Aug 2011

bubblylittleme
24-08-11, 10:14 PM
Sally and I took loads lol.

http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/Castle%20Combe%20Aug%202011/?albumview=slideshow

RideSallyRide
24-08-11, 10:51 PM
Think we did pretty well between us Sue! ;)

flick
24-08-11, 10:58 PM

You most certainly did,thank's for taking the pic's Sal and Sue 8-)
(ain't gunna mention lunch time topic of conversation lol) ;D :-[

Honda_Star
24-08-11, 11:22 PM
So how was it ? ? ! :)

flick
25-08-11, 07:04 AM

addictive ;D

Nelly
25-08-11, 07:28 AM

You most certainly did,thank's for taking the pic's Sal and Sue 8-)
(ain't gunna mention lunch time topic of conversation lol) ;D :-[

Good Move Ade. My lips are sealed as well :-X

Jon_W
25-08-11, 08:10 AM
Great Pics!!!!! 8-)

Mikkie1986
25-08-11, 11:11 AM
Just signed up to Youtube and the Videos from yeserday are being loaded now.....

All round they are looking good. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHZtDeR_h4

This is the link for video 1 of 3 The other two are taking ages to load but will be on by this afternoon hopefully

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Moo
25-08-11, 12:41 PM
Just to say I had a great day at Combe.

It might not be the most challenging of circuits but its local and was well attended by WBers both riders and non riders. Cheers guys and girls for a good day Gerry excepted, he has sped up a lot on his white rocket and is a lot more difficult to catch and pass now :)

Gerry
25-08-11, 04:03 PM

Really great day Halena, although Basil and I did suffer a bit from not having our “Pit Manager” guiding us.
I even once spotted young Basil having a big drink when he should have been having a big pee (nearly with disastrous consequences) :-/ Pleased you will both be there at Snetters

The day got off to a sunny start and only really clouded over after lunch. We saw a few spots of rain but only for a few minutes and not enough to effect the track. I was the last to leave at 6.00 and it was still fairly warm and sunny. We were in Group 4 and, as before, there were six groups getting ten minutes track time (not enough) per hour, and If I remember correctly six sessions overall.

I’m sure everybody loved it including first timer Flick who had a beeming smile all day (although that may have been to do with the lunch time educational conversation)
There were a few lads out that are racing in 10 days there, although not in our group, and it was good to watch the pro’s do it.

Some lovely bikes there including a few gleaming (but nasty sounding) Ducati’s and some quick track bikes. It was great to watch Moo & Basil hoon by “doing it right, quick and smoooth” although it was obvious Basil wasn’t really trying as he didn’t need to hit the eject button at all whilst on track

Pleased with my Gixxer, it feels really sturdy on track when pushed and I think I got faster as the day went on, I do have trouble with “slow in - fast out” as nine times out of ten I approached the temporary chicane far to fast and a number of times just managed to squeal to a judderingly slow enough speed to get round it (but cocked my entry into Camp and the main straight though).
I also found out that I think I’m quicker in front, as when I’m following somebody my concentration and lines go out of the window in an attempt to get past them (youthful competitive enthusiasm I recon)

All in all great day and especially great company as always. Nice to see our Cheerleaders / Photographers Sally & Sue turn up and also Nelly and Ade (and my old Dad, Pete “Norton” Simpson) [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Snetters here we come [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

G :)

Julie_S
25-08-11, 04:57 PM
Great day, good to meet you lads & ladesses. Throughly enjoyed the day, even better when it cost £100.00

1 Year ago I was riding my YBR, cleaning the Triumph and occasionally watching Mike nip off down the road on it to keep it 'ticking over'

hopefully I didn't get in the way too much...!! I've certainly learnt more there than I could of with months of riding on the road

Gerry
25-08-11, 06:48 PM
Pics from Peter "Norton" Simpson ;D

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff325/Simpsons1979/Castle%20Combe%20TD/

Thanx to the Castle Combe Cheerleaders for looking after him [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Good One...

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff325/Simpsons1979/Castle%20Combe%20TD/08-11-castlecombe-2083.jpg

Gerry

Bornagain
25-08-11, 07:33 PM
Great to be there with everyone - t'was more of a social day than a track day unfortunately. The lack of track time is the killer for me, and the time you get (10 minutes) isn't enough to even warm up let alone try a few different entry exit gearing strategies and just improve and acquire confidence...Then on top of that you then sit around for ages before you're on again at which point you're really back to square one! I'd say you get about 6/7 laps per session one of which is a marshalled sighting lap, then you've got to put some heat in your tyres ;) ;) ;) for another 2 laps before you can start hooning at which point you've only got 2 or 3 laps to play with (about 3/4 minutes!). The chequered flag comes out and drags you in just as you're getting into it!!
I know it's close and local but it just doesn't seem worth it to me
.......As you can tell, that put a bit of a dampener on my day but it was great to mix with the gang, my wing man Reginald is a different rider to Brands way back this year, awesome. Thanks to Mikkie and his pit crew (that mysterious ring on my tyre was a damping issue and Mark at MH racing has got the bike now sorting it - i pick it up Saturday ready for Silverstone with a set up that wont wobble me around!!!) Thanks to Sam for slowly disintegrating the Steely, though it was fun fixing it every session!!!! Jim - One word, Snetterton, oooh go on! Good to see Julie again getting faster and meeting Mike who likes to throw his bandit 1200 around a BMX :o Thanks to everyone else for making a poor track day a bit more bearable ;)

R6_Don
25-08-11, 07:43 PM
Look on the bright side Basil, at least you did not need to purchase another new helmet and various other bike parts ;)

bubblylittleme
26-08-11, 12:09 AM
Video action taken by Sally

http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/Castle%20Combe%20Aug%202011/?action=view&current=MOV00135.mp4
http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/bubblylittleme/Castle%20Combe%20Aug%202011/?action=view&current=MOV00144.mp4